Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

rjg854
14 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I have wanted to make this post for the past ten months; today

I drove a Wheel Horse for the first time since my stroke!

That's got to be quite satisfying.   

:text-bravo:

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Monstrosity
Posted (edited)

Sooooo I've had these made up, I would have dine it myself but I lack the tooling, they are ment for running the rear wheels from a Yamaha blaster. I'll be putting them on this Sunday it's ment for stock spindles. I had them offset the mounting hub on there with threaded holes to change offset if needed 

IMG_8787.jpg.40bd97b7f2252ab34f90bc58fd33ace0.jpg

Edited by Monstrosity
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
55 minutes ago, Sparky said:

New rear AG’s

Like those Regency tires. 

What's the source?

Sparky

ebinmaine

@Sparky

WOW did that clean up nicely! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

A much needed bath was first! 

Great fore and aft pics. :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Looks like the "High Wind Resistance " model for short track racin! :auto-swerve:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wayne0
On 4/18/2024 at 6:10 AM, Lee1977 said:

1 1/2 to 2" is about as good as you will get the steering wheel play.  Any tighter will make it steer hard.

Saginaw steering box!:ychain:

• Like 1

Tractorhead

@Andy N.

it appears you need a suicidal mower like i Have.

93BC4AEA-2FB7-43A9-86E3-DEAB412DB4E0.jpeg.b2f148910cbea6ea41af4ccdcc48a271.jpeg

no back Pains further...😎

• Like 7

squonk

Smaller decks almost always give a better cut than wide decks

• Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

I found a great use for one of those plastic battery post caps you get when you buy a new tractor battery!

I finally decided to do something about my 334-8 Toro throttle lever dropping down during use!   I know there are all types of solutions people have posted about this issue !   When you are mowing and the throttle lever keeps dropping down you lose full throttle power to the mower deck!

I looked at the hole in the dash below the throttle knob and decided to try a battery post cap in the hole below.  At first try it would not stay.  Cut a smaller triangle at the top of the ankle’s plastic triangle on the cap anchor inserted sideways!

well what do you know it locked the throttle knob in place and I mowed at full throttle after installing.

i have five or six of these caps as I generally save thinks that look like they may have a future use but I sure never thought this would work on the sloppy throttle linkage - but it does!

IMG_5287.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Pullstart

I also found the hood I bought from @squonk at one of the last couple Big Shows.  Should I swap it out for the unpainted one?

I also have the Bugatti kit car back in the shop for another round of upgrades and maintenance.

3163A181-A61A-4D9A-8ED1-125562DA825F.jpeg

39047816-2E3E-43B9-8735-BF05D908367D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Greentored
On 4/16/2024 at 10:49 AM, ebinmaine said:

AWESOME!!!

I've seen videos of that thing running but how is it as far as stopping and starting. Do you just leave it running while you're working? Or is it fairly easy to get going again?

She will light right off most of the time with a tug on the wheels, but I just let er pop em off while working. 

"I dont always listen to my hit n miss with a straight pipe, but when I do so do the neighbors."

• Haha 4

D_Mac

I pulled the deck off of this RER 108-5. I need to replace the deck drive belt on it. Plan is to push it over on its side to make it easier to get to. Might bring the deck over to a friend's place to get it patched up. Funny looking with the deck on it but even funnier looking with it off.

20240423_144438.jpg

20240423_155727.jpg

20240423_155658.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

I pulled the deck off of this RER 108-5. I need to replace the deck drive belt on it. Plan is to push it over on its side to make it easier to get to. Might bring the deck over to a friend's place to get it patched up. Funny looking with the deck on it but even funnier looking with it off.

20240423_144438.jpg

If you could hook the blade up to the engine that would make a heck of a (nonOSHA approved) hedge trimmer1!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Sparky
4 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I pulled the deck off of this RER 108-5. I need to replace the deck drive belt on it. Plan is to push it over on its side to make it easier to get to.

20240423_144438.jpg

I think those tractors are designed to be stood up on its back end. I can see the brackets on the back. I would do that instead of laying it on its side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1