Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Handy Don
16 hours ago, 87 416-8 horse said:

I didn’t think about that. Thanks Eric:text-thankyouyellow:

Make sure to wipe a rag thoroughly around the inside of the tire before inserting the tube to check for any sharp objects that punctured the tire still being embedded. If left, it’d just puncture the tube and cause a new stream of verbal expletives!

• Like 4

squonk
On 3/19/2024 at 10:24 PM, OutdoorEnvy said:

They were warned in advance on their location selection.  They want to learn the hard way so dad will let em.  The hard way always sticks with you :D

Yup! Back in the 60's one of my friends had a basket ball hoop on a tree at the edge of a hill. Halfway down the hill was a sewer discharge. If the ball went down the hill .....well you know! We had a rule. The last person who touched the ball had to retrieve and clean the ball 

" You did it, You get it!" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Sparky
19 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Moved a bit of snow....

Wasn’t happy with the rainy Saturday we had…but it sure beats another coating of snow! 

• Like 3

davem1111

I'm feeling a bit jealous - we didn't have anything worth plowing here this winter. I had to do something so I pushed some gravel around before taking the plow blade off and putting the deck back on my GT-1848. Did a bit of mowing today...

• Like 2

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Wasn’t happy with the rainy Saturday we had…but it sure beats another coating of snow! 

Compared to a lot of Maine folk we did well.  

The seacoast area is blasted by massive power outages across several counties. 

Some won't have electricity until Wednesday afternoon. 

30 miles north of us there are reports of 25", 26" deep snow in several places. 

• Like 3

cleat

We got around an inch or so and most of it has melted.

No plowing required (good thing since I put the plow tractor away for the summer).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tuneup

Wow! Nothing here since Sunday night?

The 520's rear cylinder wall is stained near the top of the stroke and a good honing has helped. Using one of the worn rings, I measured the bores and all seems OK. Thinking I'll get a set of fresh rings in the 'low cost' rebuild route. We'll see where that goes. The 516H liked it. This is supposed to be a 500 hour engine but the ring wear suggests otherwise. The 520 sits in the garage in the way so it'll get the attention it needs. Still have to decide if it's a refresh or a restore . . .

• Like 5

Lee1977
8 hours ago, Vaughan32850 said:

Fitted a new engine in my commando 7 race mower. 

IMG_9028.jpeg

We need more pictures.

• Like 2

Wheelhorse#1
11 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

We need more pictures.

And possibly a vid of that bad boy in action ?

Vaughan32850
42 minutes ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

And possibly a vid of that bad boy in action ?

Sadly Redsquare will not allow me to post a video of it in action 

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Vaughan32850 said:

There's two answers to that.

1. Becoming a Supporter increases your capacity substantially.

But that said...

2.  Karl prefers we use links to YouTube because it doesn't take up Red Square memory space.

• Like 2

rjg854
2 minutes ago, Vaughan32850 said:

If you were to become a supporter, then you be able to post all the pictures and videos you wanted to.

I should have known I wouldn't beat EB with this post  :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 4

D_Mac

So after work today I decided to shuffle the horses around in the garage. I wanted to move the snowblower and my 875 tractor with the plow to the back of the garage. So that ment I had to move them all. Even the bike. They all fired right up. Took each one for a zip around the yard and repositioned them. If only I had a bigger garage ! Not seen in the photo is the fake black hood that I keep outside. BTW.. I'm  pretty sure @Pullstart 

stole my idea of hanging a Wheel Horse upside-down from the ceiling. I even took the bike for a cruise down the street. I think spring is here. Next project is to remove the sandbags from the back of my truck bed.

20240327_142858.jpg

20230906_180455.jpg

20230826_171327.jpg

20230915_192354_resized.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

87 416-8 horse
56 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

So after work today I decided to shuffle the horses around in the garage. I wanted to move the snowblower and my 875 tractor with the plow to the back of the garage. So that ment I had to move them all. Even the bike. They all fired right up. Took each one for a zip around the yard and repositioned them. If only I had a bigger garage ! Not seen in the photo is the fake black hood that I keep outside. BTW.. I'm  pretty sure @Pullstart 

stole my idea of hanging a Wheel Horse upside-down from the ceiling. I even took the bike for a cruise down the street. I think spring is here. Next project is to remove the sandbags from the back of my truck bed.

20240327_142858.jpg

20230906_180455.jpg

20230826_171327.jpg

20230915_192354_resized.jpg

I like the paint job on the c- series and that’s a sweet bike!:music-rockout:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

D_Mac

That's a short hood 856, not a c series. 

• Like 1

squonk
6 hours ago, rjg854 said:

If you were to become a supporter, then you be able to post all the pictures and videos you wanted to.

I should have known I wouldn't beat EB with this post  :laughing-rolling:

Eric gets a high voltage shock (DC) whenever a new post appears on RS! 797109581avatar

• Haha 8

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, squonk said:

Eric gets a high voltage shock (DC) whenever a new post appears on RS! 797109581avatar

@rjg854

I do get notifications for sure.  

I find it easier to get more information and sort what I don't want or need than take the time to scroll.  

That particular time I was actually holding my phone while waiting for a work question so I answered quick fast speedy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHGuy413

I day dreamed about the puller build we are going to do. Need to get in the garage and reorganize some stuff. I bought a new tool box and have to wheel my old one out and bring the new bigger one in. Then time to tackle some stuff tractor related.

• Excellent 3

TonyToro
10 hours ago, WHGuy413 said:

I day dreamed about the puller build we are going to do. Need to get in the garage and reorganize some stuff. I bought a new tool box and have to wheel my old one out and bring the new bigger one in. Then time to tackle some stuff tractor related.

I heard puller! Will you pull transfer sled or stone boat? If you have questions …. Ask away.