Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66

A thing of beauty Dan! That turned out great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
14 minutes ago, Achto said:

...I think he sipped down about a cup of fuel. 

IMG_20190512_122136322.jpg.1c06428d50163ccc119056b55145cb10.jpg

Before you know it, that thing will be your “go-to” machine. Those diesels are awesome and that one looks saweeet to boot!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ztnoo

If you put five 8 x 8 x 16 solid blocks on that rack, at roughly 72 # apiece (360# total), you can REALLY roll the yard flat.

Here in Indiana right now, even that would float.......  :rolleyes:

IMG_20190512_122136322.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Is ther water in that roller too Dan? :handgestures-thumbupright: Looks like you got some supervision there!

That boy has got a look of determination @PeacemakerJack !  

• Thanks 1

Achto
42 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

Is ther water in that roller too Dan? :handgestures-thumbupright: Looks like you got some supervision there!

My wife Gretel & our little fluff ball Sophi are making sure I get the job done right.:)

Yes, the roller is also filled with water.

ztnoo
2 hours ago, Achto said:

Yes, the roller is also filled with water.

About how many gallons would you say?

Pullstart

It looks like it would hold 50-60 gallons.  Roughly 400+ lbs!

Achto
26 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

About how many gallons would you say?

@pullstart was right on his guess. It holds 60gal of water so about 480lbs there, plus the blocks. The 10hp Hatz engine pulled it around like nothing, at idle in first gear.

Edited by Achto
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

That would certainly take care of my mole damage! You saying I have to build a custom diesel I want to borrow it?? :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

take care of my mole damage

So would a few pounds of tannerite

• Haha 3
  • Heart 1

Achto
53 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

That would certainly take care of my mole damage!

46 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

So would a few pounds of tannerite

Speaking of moles, 4hrs after I rolled the lawn the little sob's were digging tunnels again.:angry-steamingears:. It's on now!! I set traps last night, picking up some Tom Cat grub shaped poison to poke into the tunnels tonight, Thurs before it rains I'm treating the yard to get rid of grubs. If this don't work, I've been told that releasing some liquid nitrogen into the tunnels will freeze them out immediately.

IT'S WAR!!

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 5

Lee1977

Had a mole tunnel about 125' long grab the 5 prong pitch fork and went from one end to the other they stopped digging. 

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
19 minutes ago, Achto said:

Speaking of moles, 4hrs after I rolled the lawn the little sob's were digging tunnels again.:angry-steamingears:. It's on now!! I set traps last night, picking up some Tom Cat grub shaped poison to poke into the tunnels tonight, Thurs before it rains I'm treating the yard to get rid of grubs. If this don't work, I've been told that releasing some atrazine into the tunnels will freeze them out immediately.

IT'S WAR!!

Gettem Dan

How about the good old Wheel Horse exhaust pointing down into one of their cozy little homes....

• Like 5

ztnoo

60 gallons  x 8.34 lbs (per gallon) = 500.4 lbs.

5 concrete line block x 38 lbs (per block) = 190.0 lbs.

690.4 lbs + or -

1563443969_gunknifebomb20.gif.7a926b2ae96d88da15511a8f5c17305c.gif1f985.png.fe473c549a3bbd7fef3ad8847d0ff555.png chopwood.gif.57ad932106e0f672cf6d6f6b2224870f.gifduel.gif.b71236b7847c92b0935b030773247907.giffire.png.37f5c9c0cf3a6ab662e108d36dbdbde6.png:deadhorse:

• Excellent 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Achto said:

IT'S WAR!!

Got that right!

Juicy Fruit gum down in the tunnel. They love it but can't digest it and croak. :deadhorse: 

I have no clue if that works .....I am like Lee and stab them with a pointy needle trap thingy. I wanna see em dead! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

adsm08

Got sick of switching the battery back and forth, or carrying a jump box around, so I got a new battery for the Horse, old one is near the end of it's life, so it will go with Juan.

Added a maintainer plug while I was putting it in. If this old horse is gonna do plow duty I guess I should actually care if the battery stays charged through the winter.

fttBfeD.jpg

• Like 2

adsm08

Sold the Deer. That brings my net expenditure on buying the Horse to $30.

USPS says the rest of the parts for the pump, and the new muffler are out for delivery, so as long as I don't screw the pooch on that shaft seal the Horsie wil be back in action by dinner time, and I might get the neighbor's yard mowed before I leave for the weekend.

Edited by adsm08
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
20 hours ago, adsm08 said:

Added a maintainer plug while I was putting it in. If this old horse is gonna do plow duty I guess I should actually care if the battery stays charged through the winter.

Have to admit it's kind of handy when you go out there to start your tractor. And it .......does.

adsm08
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Have to admit it's kind of handy when you go out there to start your tractor. And it .......does.

I have to admit, I was back and forth on putting that on the tractor or the kids' PowerWheels.

In 8 years of home ownership I have only once had to start a tractor in cold weather, or at the end of winter, and it didn't go right away, even without them. And at that point the battery was 5 years old already, so I figured that was a good run and just replaced it. I gotta charge that PowerWheels battery a few times a week.

Edited by adsm08
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

I have to admit, I was back and forth on putting that on the tractor or the kids' PowerWheels.

In 8 years of home ownership I have only once had to start a tractor in cold weather, or at the end of winter, and it didn't go right away, even without them. And at that point the battery was 5 years old already, so I figured that was a good run and just replaced it. I gotta charge that PowerWheels battery a few times a week.

You've done very well with that so far. Hopefully that luck continues for you.

The small engine shop I have that I like quite a lot up here in Maine says most of his customers batteries only last two or three years but with a maintainer or proper owner usage they will more often go 3 to 5.

• Like 1

adsm08
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

You've done very well with that so far. Hopefully that luck continues for you.

The small engine shop I have that I like quite a lot up here in Maine says most of his customers batteries only last two or three years but with a maintainer or proper owner usage they will more often go 3 to 5.

That's what I used to tell people too when I worked in parts sales. A lot of people would come in and complain that power sports batteries (motorcycle, ATV, etc) and to a lesser extent lawn mower batteries, could cost almost the same as a car battery but only had a 90 day warranty, as opposed to up to 3 years NQA on our car batteries. And I'd point out to them that most people park the bike, or the ATV, or the mower for the winter, after using it for only 3 or 4 months, they didn't unhook the battery, they didn't put it on a maintainer, they basically just left it to sit in the garage or the shed, or the back yard, for 8 or 9 months. I had to explain that we didn't want to be on the hook for it in a year when the battery was shot because they didn't store it properly over the winter and ruined an otherwise good battery.

Most people I would explain that to not only understood it, but spent the extra $50 on a tender. I don't know if any of them ended up using them, but they bought them. I got one guy to buy a few tenders all at once because he had all that stuff, and was replacing multiple $100 batteries every year.

• Like 1

Stormin

Although I'd flushed the tank when I cleaned out the carb on the C-121, this morning I thought I' recheck the fuel lines. Disconnected the pipe from the pump, putting the end in a clean jug. Turned on the fuel tap and let the petrol drain through. No dirt came out, but a very small amount of water. And I mean small. Little drops at the bottom of the jug. So that's the pipes cleaned out.

While I was at it, I decided to check my fuel cans. The 5ltr ones I emptied. No particles in the first one. The second one had some bits in and looked the same as the ones I got out of the carb. I gave that a good clean out till I was satisfied nothing was left in there.

My 20ltr which was nearly full, I gave a good shake about, then poured some into the jug. The spout, it's an ex-services can, with a filter on the end of the spout, produced no particles. I checked the spout filter and that was clean.

So hopefully any problems with dirt in the fuel should be banished. For sometime any way. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1