Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
On 2/29/2024 at 7:14 PM, kpinnc said:

Added a big sticker on the 523-H hood. Tried to talk the wife into putting one on her truck window, but she said "no thank you".

...Or might have been "I'll kill you"? I wasn't really paying attention. :lol:

IMG_20240229_131903238.jpg

1 hour ago, c-series don said:

I snuck this Wheel Horse sticker on my wife’s Explorer and she wasn’t happy. She left it on for probably a year until one day I noticed it was gone. This year at the big show I’m going to buy several so I can put one on her car and then when she removes it another one will magically appear!! 

IMG_5575.jpeg

When BBT got her Pilot about a year ago I mentioned something about having a decal on it. 

Denied.  

Then a few months later @Sparky had a spare. 

THAT one was acceptable.  

🤔

😅

• Haha 5
  • Heart 1

JoeM

Moved a dead one out of the way. 

Those forks sure are handy. 

image.png.ac2aff0b29aebf109e35975c82ec6cdf.png

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

kpinnc
1 hour ago, JoeM said:

Moved a dead one out of the way. 

About the only way to move one with the Eaton 700. :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

D_Mac
Posted (edited)

Finished with the rear axle hitch. Stripped it all down and painted it. Silly question. This was on the 856 when I got it. I want to put it on the 310-8. Is it going to fit ? The 310 is buried in the back of the garage,  I can't see the rear end. Before I go digging it out maybe I should ask. If not I will put it back on the 856.

20240223_142841.jpg

20240223_142829.jpg

20240304_155406.jpg

20240304_155419.jpg

20240304_155430.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 3

Ed Kennell
23 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

I want to put it on the 310-8. Is it going to fit

I think it will fit, but this old style with the rod notches in front of the axle will move the plow frame forward a couple inches.   Your lift link may also be angled forward.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Racinbob

Let us know @D_Mac. The frame on the newer plows mount to the outside while the older frames mount to the inside. I don't know if it will work without mods but I'd like to know. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cleat

Washed up all the snow removal equipment.

About a month ahead of normal but I am getting pretty confident that we are not getting any more snow.

I will not put anything away just yet though. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

JoeM
2 minutes ago, cleat said:

pretty confident that we are not getting any more snow

GZZZZZ just had to say it. :wacko:

• Haha 7

cleat
1 hour ago, JoeM said:

GZZZZZ just had to say it. :wacko:

yes, I hope that did not doom me to a late march blizzard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH

@953 nut :angry-tappingfoot:

Poor little snowman... :( 

Melts my heart... B)

My favorite snow / winter / ski quote is from Warren Miller, maker of the annual ski movies for decades:

"If everyone skied, there would be no war..."

Just skied last day of my 57th season yesterday... rough year... it was 58 degrees when i got to the car... but as i explain to anyone who will listen, the worst day of skiing is a great day...!

:banana-skier:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Poor little snowman.

That snowman has become a tradition around here and Jim @WHX?? always requests it about this time of year.            :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kpinnc
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

That snowman has become a tradition around here and Jim @WHX?? always requests it about this time of year. 

We don't have that here. One dusting a year is normal. One decent snow per decade is too.

But- of there was a meme of some poor bastard drowning the lawn with Roundup in September, that would be tattoed across my back! 

• Haha 3

Tractorhead

Seems Winter is done. time for prep the Field...

There can be happen snow on ice saints,  

but it mostly ends up in just Cold winds.

As long as i remember back in several years since

it was just 2 times Snow - what a mess...

let‘s see what this year provide.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I'm hopeful we won't have much more snow. The chances of zero snow in March here likely zero. 

Our snowiest months used to be February and March. 

We have no significant accumulation forecast for the next 10 days. That'll be 3/20. 

But!

MAY 9th 2020 Portland Airport recorded snow.  

• Like 1

ML3

Looking like there may not be anymore snow here in northeast Ohio. 🤞  However,  I've lived here 50+yrs so I definitely not taking off plow or removing snowblower just yet. We could probably get at least 1 more snow but typically this time of year it snow then melts next day. I'll also leave snow tires on vehicles at least until the end of the month.

I did drag out mower decks for the 654 & RJ. I'll grease them, sharpen blades, etc. With the warm weather lately the grass is starting to grow already 

• Like 2

Tractorhead
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm hopeful we won't have much more snow. The chances of zero snow in March here likely zero. 

Our snowiest months used to be February and March. 

We have no significant accumulation forecast for the next 10 days. That'll be 3/20. 

But!

MAY 9th 2020 Portland Airport recorded snow.  

That reminds me about a true Story.

20.june 1969 in Munic where also 1 cm Snow.

Whenever my grandpa hear it‘s a „ extreme weather situation“ he mean‘s - pah, that is nothing special we never ever had.

I myself can not remember that, but i Knew this because my Grandfather was allway‘s in the need if he took a Picture

to get it immediately. He fiiled the rest of the film in a hurry at once with any picts just to get this one wanted Picture

as quick as possible.

He tooked on my 2.th Birthday a Pict with my Birthdaypresent in front of his new VW Bug - it was a sleight because he buy it for extremely cheap in Summer while no season.

At this timeline the Picture needed to be developed at a Photo Company and that depends 3-4 Day‘s to be ready.

( mostly Kodak here) and the Company allways Stamp a Date on the Backside of the Pict with the Development Date.

The Pict was developed on 24.june1969

He told me the Story behind this Picture when i was about 18 and see this Picture on his desk and asked him about the Story behind.

After my grandpa travells over the Rainbow Bridge, i saved this time document at my side like my own eyeball.

One of my biggest memory to my best mentor in my whole Life.

Won a lot of bets because the known story behind that Picture, even with a Friend who work in a Weather forecast Company.

In Grandpa’s timeline it was „just a dang cold Summerday“, today it becomes a Sensation in biggest letters in the News „The dramatic Clima change has arrived“.

Different times - different meanings.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 4

davem1111
3 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

At this timeline the Picture needed to be developed at a Photo Company and that depends 3-4 Day‘s to be ready.

Great story!  And this part about getting picture film developed, always makes me think of a Disney Princess singing "Some day my prints will come..." :music-singing::hilarious:

• Haha 6

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Cody said:

Got time tonight to work on a 702 project I've been working on.  It was in rough shape and needed one of everything but needed to be saved. Originally it was a 502 but its getting a 702 conversion. Anyway here's some small progress, drilled out the spot welds for the bottom if the rotted out dash and bent up a new peice out of 16ga.

Nice work on that!

Do you have separate threads for your projects?

I make a different one for every project for my own future documentation. 

Feel free to do so.  

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Really?

• Haha 2

Cody
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Nice work on that!

Do you have separate threads for your projects?

I make a different one for every project for my own future documentation. 

Feel free to do so.  

I haven't made a thread on any of my projects but that's a good idea maybe I'll Start doing so! I get too many of them going at the same time lol this one is a project im helping a friend with, he recently got bit by the bug. It was definitely in the rougher condition, I'll post a picture of what we started with. 

20230515_164835.jpg

• Like 5

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Cody said:

I get too many of them going at the same

:lol:

That's my entire existence.  

• Like 2

kpinnc
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cody said:

I get too many of them going at the same time lol

You and me both! :lol:

I have several threads on here that just sorta "paused", and then picked up months later. A couple just stopped and then began again under a completely different project. But that is one of the great things about these little red tractors- they tend to last so they can wait when they need to!

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 4

Lee1977

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

:lol:

That's my entire existence.  

Are you sure you have any going, Trina has a couple " Pig Pan" and siding the the building.

• Like 2