Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

mrc

hello ed,  you beat me to it.  turning the front wheels all the way to the right is the key..  i only have  C, 3, 4, and 5 series tractors..  that is the way i do it.   i do have a flexible hose on my grease gun.   

unable to find green lucas grease in my area.   i did buy the last remaining tubes of the red though!  i tried pete.

• Like 3

8ntruck
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I can see the logic there.

Solutions?

Maybe a layer of course Stone below the finer surface material?

Larger stones on the edges to keep things in place?

If you look up articles about gravel road building, a layer of 2" to 4" sized stone is often shown as a base layer for the rest of the road. 

One of my trips to Ky. this summer, I drove past an interstate interchange that was being rebuilt.  Looked like they were putting down a base layer of that seized crushed rock - maybe 10 or 12 inches thick.  Probably compacted as they went along.  I expect they topped that with finer gravel, then laid the concrete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heatingman
2 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Installed my homemade wheel weights and chained up the C-125.

Painted the top of the weights with the embedded brake rotor and concrete, but paint won't bond to HDPE so I opted for some black 200 MPH tape instead.

image.png.db4defd8769060187a4830535c258800.png

image.png.e9b0b79a331a2dc7b14af6bc4dc07a43.png

BTW... I did not paint those wheels!  Done by P.O.  So no razzing please!  :no::text-lol:

Those weights turned out nicely. How heavy you think?

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, Heatingman said:

How heavy

They weigh about 45 lb each.  Those carrying handles are great!  No struggle moving them, and they really helped in getting them mounted.  They also give a good place to attach bungees if needed to tighten the chains.  In retrospect though, I should have used a couple of the garage door handles I have laying around instead of repurposing the wire handles from the buckets.

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

953 nut
13 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

42 inch tall chute snowblower

Nice find!        You bought it at the right time, tis the season to go Pumkin Chuckin.                    :ychain:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Heart 1

Wheelhorse#1

Those Ven-Track machines are nice but $ 

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Regarding wheel weights :   I never saw this warning in a snowblower manual before.   100 pounds in rear when using a snowblower attachment on your Wheel Horse tractor!

7878D033-BB4A-40CA-B034-3BCAA995ABD8.jpeg

AA763B1C-959D-408D-A006-620C99B60665.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart
19 hours ago, Heatingman said:

Thanks.

I bought that GMC new back in 07. Its an 06, bare bones standard bed and cab truck. The way I like em. If I could have gotten an all metal dash and manual transmission, I would have.

But keeping that truck from losing the rust battle takes constant vigilance. 

They did make a 2500HD stick, but I don’t know how long they did it.  My ‘01 “Norman” is a 2wd Duramax ZF6.  It’s from OK/TX and has never seen salt :banana-linedance:

BF5306A5-CC69-470E-8560-916B99694F3C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

we chuck punkins

Why ?

• Like 3

Horse Newbie
On 9/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, OldWorkHorse said:

Welded up a caution light / rear LED light tower for my 314-8. Just need to paint it and finish connecting the wires tomorrow and be good to go. Should definitely help snowblowing / plowing. 

20220928_143114.jpg

20220928_143130.jpg

20220928_180729.jpg

20220928_181638.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie
On 9/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, OldWorkHorse said:

Welded up a caution light / rear LED light tower for my 314-8. Just need to paint it and finish connecting the wires tomorrow and be good to go. Should definitely help snowblowing / plowing. 

20220928_143114.jpg

20220928_143130.jpg

20220928_180729.jpg

20220928_181638.jpg

Don’t know why Redsquare kinda made me post this… said something about previous content being restored… I just hit post…

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

peter lena

@Lane Ranger  nice pick up on the blower !  especially like the greasable  chute gearing , look over the  idler / drive belt set up , get some lubrication detailing in its related movement , the easier that transfers  belt drive power . the better it moves .  3/8"  die nut  on the end of that chute rod  , do a slight grind taper start ,lets you install a  screw  on round knob , simple easy . pete

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Don’t know why Redsquare kinda made me post this… said something about previous content being restored… I just hit post…

Sometimes if you scroll down to the bottom of the posting they'll be a little black button or key and you can hit clear or edit

• Like 2

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Why ?

WHY NOT? 

• Haha 4

peter lena

@Pullstart  stay after body rust with aerosol penetrating oil in all related body seams , especially  fender arches , lower door frame areas ,  fords really  show early rust / rot  very early . perfer cable /  open gear aerosol  , today its so expensive , find what you can .  related  areas will show an oil film  in a day or  2 , better oil than rust , pete  

• Like 2

Horse Newbie
7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Sometimes if you scroll down to the bottom of the posting they'll be a little black button or key and you can hit clear or edit

I have done that in other instances here… seem to find my way back to it…

I just hit “submit”, “save”, or whatever and let technology win !  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Horse Newbie
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

WHY NOT? 

Exactly the right answer !

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Lane Ranger
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Nice find!        You bought it at the right time, tis the season to go Pumkin Chuckin.                    :ychain:

That has to be how they reseed their pumpkin 🎃 patch Richard!

• Haha 2

Sparky

@Horse Newbie

Maybe it’s an optical illusion, but can ya drive outa the garage without hitting the door with the light?? 
D42AF883-15E7-48BB-A9C0-2F038D22D482.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

my solution to the light being too high would be to notch out the top of the door

Me too. 

I only have 5 chain saws and 2 sawzalls. 

Light - 1. 

Door - 0.  

• Haha 5

OldWorkHorse
24 minutes ago, Sparky said:

@Horse Newbie

Maybe it’s an optical illusion, but can ya drive outa the garage without hitting the door with the light?? 

No she's forever stuck in the shop :laughing-rolling:. She got out fine haha about 6 inches to spare. Door wasnt fully open. 

• Excellent 3