Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Tuneup

I'm glad I don't live in Waterloo. I have an irresistible urge to take a match to that brush pile. It's the pyro in me.

In Wheel Horse news, I got tired of the VOM on the 516H's dash being 5 volts high. Slow day at work so I went out and pulled it. The amazing thing is that the steering wheel pin came out with a standard hammer and drift so I'm playing Lotto today.

Tried reverse polarity - you never know. Nothing doing. Had to unroll the cover, remove the pin and realign. Now, I can measure DCV to 4 digits in the garage and I swear that thing was accurate when it was set. It'll just have to do...

Before (Key OFF)

1101294734_VOM01.jpg.a6eba777598684a19303ea851e8d314b.jpg

Before (Key ON)

872006268_VOM02.jpg.c1d4a831df086178917bd4ea1f4f2c1a.jpg

Done!  .5 volts is just redneck error. Can't get that glass any cleaner...

239959127_VOM03.jpg.ed5bb4b7ce2ef9dfdd0f62d124a37608.jpg

400 paper on the roll pin and a nice coat of anti-sieze. Back to the grind...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

tom2p
On 8/1/2021 at 7:31 PM, cschannuth said:

As far as hydros go I cut my teeth on a 520 so I guess I’m biased. I prefer the manuals l grew up on and that I have now. But, I prefer the 520 column lever to the Charger 12 location.  I think it’s just what you get used to. 

I also don't understand the fuss - and probably because I'm accustomed to the column shifter 

but I don't want to have to keep my foot on the pedal for forward motion 

the column shifter is like having cruise control - set it and you are good to go 

lever ergo also good ... in a good spot at the steering wheel / fingertips - so easy to adjust speed ... and also easy to change direction (but obviously the pedal conversion shines in this area) 

if I purchased a 416 or 520 with the foot pedal conversion - I would remove it - or possibly not purchase it 

• Like 3

tom2p
23 minutes ago, Tuneup said:

The amazing thing is that the steering wheel pin came out with a standard hammer and drift so I'm playing Lotto today.

few years ago the roll pin on my 416-H pushed out - while I was cutting grass ... in the dark ... (lost steering) ... and I found the pin 

should have played the lottery 

Edited by tom2p
  • Like 1

johnnymag3

Those Trip springs sure would have looked good black !!!!

• Haha 1

squonk

You are supposed to listen to Steppenwolf when you paint a plow in the summer and sit watching it dry! :banana-dreads:

• Like 1

squonk

Got "Ralph" all done. Replaced the fender with a Commando one from @rjg854. Had to cut the tunnel opening, cut off the old latch bar and mount the 160 latch bar in it's place. I'm letting Ralph pick out his own seat and I'll put it on. A coat of salad dressing and it's delivered! 

IMG_20210803_135647895.jpg.c9215d6f2669705797b2408e9a50efd8.jpgIMG_20210803_135700172.jpg.f3884c302b7e9d10187375d3496424c4.jpgIMG_20210803_150828840.jpg.0cbe2b4fc436b4bdb08dddb0eed4ae69.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

D_Mac

Ralph was a foster child? Not one of your own ?

• Like 1

squonk

No. I got it for my nextdoor neighbor Ralph.

• Like 2

D_Mac
20 minutes ago, squonk said:

No. I got it for my nextdoor neighbor Ralph.

Well you dont have to deliver it very far then.

I have a brand new seat I bought for the 500 that I decided not to use.... 75 bucks.

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 1

squonk
10 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Well you dont have to deliver it very far then.

I have a brand new seat I bought for the 500 that I decided not to use.... 75 bucks.

Send me pics including how it mounts on the bottom. It will be up to him

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Achto said:

Hope that I haven't disappointed @pullstart, I only got 7 garden tractors, a couple carts and a Cockshutt 30 on a 32ft trailer.:D There is room left to bring SIX er SEVEN more back home from the show though.:thumbs2:

Looks like you miscounted so I took the liberty of correcting the post for you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19richie66
8 hours ago, Achto said:

I only got 7 garden tractors, a couple carts and a Cockshutt 30 on a 32ft trailer.:D 

Nice collection there Dan!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
9 hours ago, Achto said:

room left to bring one er two more back home from the show though.

No thanks tractor heavy..... although there is a 1077 and a franken horse in the flea market area tho!  I'll be sure to point them out to you at cocktail hour! 

You need help unloading those I'll go get Cindy... :laughing-rolling:

BTW nice to see you got the panoramic function down on that phone! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 1

WHX??
On 8/3/2021 at 11:53 AM, D_Mac said:

Sitting in the back yard watching Regal Red paint dry is my idea of a good time.

:beer:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

I just spied the cart on the front end @Achto .... should I leave the hitch clips at home? We might need some entertainment! 

Last show fellas I was pulling the cart and somehow the pin wiggled out tongue hit the ground  and dumped the occupants. Happened not once but TWICE and the 1055 is pullied for 10 mph in 3rd.  

I have never had one come out in my life and too fat and lazy to bend over and find that little hole to put the clip in. Clips just get lost anyway. Sad part here is once one of the occupants was my wife.... man did I get a reaming .... like I did it on purpose! Maybe will next time.  Rig up a pull cable to the driver's seat and and a rear camera for some action shots :D

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 6

ebinmaine
29 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

like I did it on purpose

We won't tell..... 

• Haha 1

squonk
21 hours ago, WHX?? said:

I just spied the cart on the front end @Achto .... should I leave the hitch clips at home? We might need some entertainment! 

Last show fellas I was pulling the cart and somehow the pin wiggled out tongue hit the ground  and dumped the occupants. Happened not once but TWICE and the 1055 is pullied for 10 mph in 3rd.  

I have never had one come out in my life and too fat and lazy to bend over and find that little hole to put the clip in. Clips just get lost anyway. Sad part here is once one of the occupants was my wife.... man did I get a reaming .... like I did it on purpose! Maybe will next time.  Rig up a pull cable to the driver's seat and and a rear camera for some action shots :D

I can see why Kevin calls you " Uncle Jim" :lol: Runs in the family! :shock:

Edited by squonk
  • Haha 4

Klinger

Just cut out the center of the '70 model for my '72 Raider 10.

IMG_6480.JPG

• Like 2

ebinmaine
19 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Just putting one to work

Super cool to see that Mike!

• Like 3