Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

seuadr

i logged in this morning to see just this:
image.png.45b781f72c0ed8772b026bb6853f6f4b.png
i am not going to go back and look, i am just going to assume you found a way to make all your horses 4 times bigger and I NEED TO KNOW HOW!!! :lol::ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oldskool
2 hours ago, seuadr said:

i logged in this morning to see just this:
image.png.45b781f72c0ed8772b026bb6853f6f4b.png
i am not going to go back and look, i am just going to assume you found a way to make all your horses 4 times bigger and I NEED TO KNOW HOW!!! :lol::ychain:

I wish I did. I could make BIG$$$ with info like that. Imagine it.......a Wheel Horse the size of a 8 or 9N. Hmmmmm.

• Like 1

chip61

After letting my lift cylinder on the C160 leak for the past few years I sent it to Lowell to have new orings installed. He did a great job and I'm very happy with it. Now a few weeks later the orings in the control valve have decided to leak. O well, what do you expect from a 47 year old tractor?? I'll repair that and hope that's it for issues for this year!!

• Like 2

ranger
18 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Nothing to major just started painting the engine letters, def not as easy as I thought :ranting:

20210520_164133.jpg

Have you tried using a stick with a soft pad on one end for support, like sign writers use? That way you’ll have a solid support for your wrist, which you don’t always get supporting one hand with the other.

Doug.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Shed
35 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

I wish I did. I could make BIG$$$ with info like that. Imagine it.......a Wheel Horse the size of a 8 or 9N. Hmmmmm.

Speaking of an 8n are they worth anything more then just a show tractor these days? Friend has a nice one told me 800 for it it needs a new rear 12.6x28 tire or 12.4x28 forget the size not dented clean complete. I won't ask of it was. Deere it's kinda red

IMG_20210506_192110128.jpg

• Like 1

Oldskool

@Shed they are great workers with the right attachments. I would buy it for 800. Find an FEL for it and maybe a syckle bar mower. You would be good to go.

• Like 1

D_Mac

Just waxed the 857 and the 1075, along with the trailer. Got it done before it got to hot outside. The 857 sure looks good. The 1075 not so much. The paint on it is in bad shape. I am undecided as to what I want to do with it. Leaning towards leaving it alone and just have a custom set of decals made by @Vinylguy

20210521_111138.jpg

20210521_110545.jpg

20210521_111129.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Vinylguy

I am thinking it will be nearly impossible to overload that trailer:ROTF:

Very cool!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Shed
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

@Shed they are great workers with the right attachments. I would buy it for 800. Find an FEL for it and maybe a syckle bar mower. You would be good to go.

Thanks just figured I'd throw it out there I have a big l45 tlb for all heavy work. It has 3 point as well do I really need it but hey we're all here anyway because do we really need all these wheel horses :laughing-rolling: of course 

• Haha 3

bds1984

I finally finished the vacuum fuel pump installation on my C175 auto, rebuilt the center mower deck spindle, and replaced the idler/tensioner pulley on the deck.  Mowing the yard is so much more pleasant with a quiet deck  and quicker with an auto but the KT17-II snarls so loud!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Oldskool
54 minutes ago, bds1984 said:

I finally finished the vacuum fuel pump installation on my C175 auto, 

Vacuum pump on a K series? Do tell?

• Like 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, Oldskool said:

Block off the fuel pump mounting hole on the engine with a plate. Install a hose barb in the plate and you can hook a vacuum line to it and use a Briggs & Stratton style vacuum fuel pump.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Gregor

20210521_160153.jpg.ae8e0fcdadbc4a626f6b6ad3a41485ee.jpgMy 8 HP Kohler20210521_160012.jpg.7f59bbc8b4d0d29bfdfb390f83159675.jpgMy 2 year old JD X37020210521_155907.jpg.8ed4f9010340985792afabbbb0214d41.jpgMy 876, with an Kohler 8 HP

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Oldskool

I was thinking that's where the pulse would come from. Just wasnt 100% sure. I may be doing this in the future

• Like 1

bds1984
3 hours ago, Oldskool said:

I thought I took step-by-step photos but didn't. This is the final result. I made a block off plate with a hose barb threaded into it. It works quite well and eliminated the cam lobe/fuel pump failure I was informed about here. It is an easy enough update.

20210521_182953.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

SylvanLakeWH

Liked the look of the C85 wheels so much that I decided to do the C105 wheels… Rustoleum  Canvas White.

56E3B45B-6150-4B7E-A9CB-ECE9CB7A74B4.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

8ntruck

Started mowing the lake house lawn today with the RD deck.  The grass featured seed stalks 8 th 10 inches tall.  Made the first pass through in 2nd gear, full throttle.  Looked like I never made a mowing pass. :scratchead:

Not having time to figure out what was up with the deck, I swapped over to the SD deck.  Spun it up, got a cloud of dust, and it was cutting just fine.

Yes, the blades are dull on the RD deck, but it seems like the blade speed is low.  I'll pull the blades for sharpening, pull the deck belt and check the spindles when I get a chance.

• Like 2

Maxwell-8
6 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Started mowing the lake house lawn today with the RD deck.  The grass featured seed stalks 8 th 10 inches tall.  Made the first pass through in 2nd gear, full throttle.  Looked like I never made a mowing pass. :scratchead:

Not having time to figure out what was up with the deck, I swapped over to the SD deck.  Spun it up, got a cloud of dust, and it was cutting just fine.

Yes, the blades are dull on the RD deck, but it seems like the blade speed is low.  I'll pull the blades for sharpening, pull the deck belt and check the spindles when I get a chance.

SD deck is in my experience better cutter then a RD deck.

• Like 1

tom2p
6 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

SD deck is in my experience better cutter then a RD deck.

I use both RD and SD fairly often (and also have both in same size)

RD appears to cut as well as SD (or close ?) - but most times the yard looks better after cut with SD ... the clippings will often 'clump' behind the RD deck - especially if the grass is high 

• Like 2

tom2p
13 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

confirm pulleys and blades are correct and installed correctly and rotating in correct direction (belt also installed correctly)

Tuneup

Inspired by someone messing with their fuel sender, I pulled the 516's fender and took a look. Wiggled the wires and the gauge went nuts. Pulled it - measures as it should. Cleaned and tightened the connectors and, what the heck, the gauge reads right! Just my lazy butt ignoring what looked just fine and putting up with an inaccurate gauge.

• Like 2

8ntruck

The RD decodes a great job on the lawn when paired with a towed sweeper.  In longer grass the RD deck does tend to leave stripes of clippings, where the SD deck dispersed them better.

I got my RD deck about two years ago.  Other than sharpening, it has been running fine until this year.  I'm expecting to find something in the spindles or the deck belt tensioner when I finally get around to working on it.  Might be time for a new deck belt as well.

• Like 1

Snoopy11
On 5/12/2021 at 12:51 PM, Snoopy11 said:

I got my Tillotson stage ...uh... 3-4+++ on the tractor yesterday. Runs like a banshee. I dunno what the power level is to the wheels, but when I clock 6,500 RPMs... I am flying... and I only have it timed for 6,500... I could run much higher. The engine does not balk when I drop the clutch at all. It just purrs.

I am in the process of getting an 18 hp Duromax monster. This, obviously will be a backup engine if both my Tillotson engines go down... and then even if ALL of those go down, I will still have my Massimo. The Duromax has a 1 inch shaft, so I will probably using the original pulley from the L-157 Tecumseh engine...

I do plan to remove the governor from the Duromax... but I only plan to run a max of 5,500... maybe... until I get billet internals, like I just did on my Tillotson stage... 3-4+++

I changed the oil in my 212R engine, and boxed it up for storage in case my staged engine goes down.

By the way, if any of you guys need parts for these types of engines, best place to get the parts, and the best advice is ARC Racing. They are outstanding, upright people. You can even buy stock replacement internals for these engines, if you don't want to go the racing route...

Don

I got my Duromax 18 HP Engine a couple of days ago.

GOD it's ginormous...

Anybody got any ideas on how to get the Duromax mounted on the tractor? Right now, it will not fit because of the hood... I am guessing something like moving the hood out (obviously taking it off from around the steering column). It is a very big engine...

Working on getting a billet rod now... 139$...:happy-bouncyredfire:

Don