Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Lee1977
2 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Put the 520H hood, belt guard, console side covers, and seat pan back on after painting them Rustoleum Regal Red...I guess the paint job turned out alright...

Wish I had some pics of when I first got it...

Then I couldn't wait to get my new decals from @Vinylguy put on...

What do you horsemen think...and does that Onan sound okay ?

I know it's probably hard to tell from a video...

Took her out and let her run a bit...had to inspect the curbs and gutters in the neighborhood...

20210411_165457_HDR.jpg

20210411_165536.jpg

20210411_165525_HDR.jpg

20210411_165551_HDR.jpg

20210411_165601_HDR.jpg

Just noticed the Barfield's tag on you 520 looking great. Mine most likely came from there too as I picked it up from a Stanfield address.

SAM-1225.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

sparkie333
2 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

painting them Rustoleum Regal

Now that is a real good job on the paint--your tractor looks show room to me. Great job.

• Thanks 1

sparkie333
On 4/6/2021 at 6:50 PM, ebinmaine said:

Hey not to be pokin

Me to---is those muffler big enough to handle the 16 HP ?  I had a stock one to rust all the way out and fall off and I run over it ---could not tell what it was at first. told a guy looks like some one lost a muffler---just to find out it was mine.  I only seen one on Enet and did not jump on it and that was like 10 years ago And I have not seen another stock one. ----would like to have one for my C160 Automatic. but I think my stock muffler was bigger than what I'm seeing on these 16HP engines. Though there would not be enough flow on the smaller ones for 16HP.  Just asking--- you all are doing some real good work on these Wheel Horses.

• Like 1

Handy Don
13 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

What do you horsemen think...and does that Onan sound okay ?

I'd say that's a right fine looking job and the Onan sounds just right; that smooth rumble is something, isn't it?

You may notice an occasional "rattle" that doesn't correlate to the engine speed. I had that and traced it down to the drive belt bouncing as it went around the tensioner and the tensioner shaft moving slightly in its bushings (all this is behind the right side belt cover). It happens only when not moving and disappears completely when the hydro is under load.

Glad someone is keeping close tabs on the curbs and gutters--essential infrastructure there!

• Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse

Put this new stack on "FlowahPowah" what do you all think???

(It's a joke) incase anyone actuly thinks I'm serious.

20210412_115820.jpg

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Put this new stack on "FlowahPowah" what do you all think???

I LIKE IT

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I LIKE IT

Hahaha ariel said the same thing. I asked her if she even saw it lmao 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Hahaha ariel said the same thing. I asked her if she even saw it lmao 🤦‍♂️

Dude you have GOT to leave it there at least until she sees it in person... 

• Haha 2

OldWorkHorse
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Dude you have GOT to leave it there at least until she sees it in person... 

She did I brought her down she was like what is that thing I said the stack do u like it haha she said make it shorter so I said yes right away!

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

She did I brought her down she was what is that thing I said the stack u like haha she said make it shorter so I said yes right away!

How much shorter?

OldWorkHorse

The finished stack on the B-80 "FlowahPowah"

20210412_122438.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

peter lena

, just thought I would try this contact option out , thanks to  pullstart ! he was right on detailing the send to note , rather than hope you see it . any other help you might need on improvements , just ask , pete

OldWorkHorse
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

How much shorter?

1.25ft tall. 

• Like 2

peter lena

, just thought I would try this contact option out , thanks to  pullstart ! he was right on detailing the send to note , rather than hope you see it . any other help you might need on improvements , just ask , pete

peter lena

@ D-MAC , that raider mmo rub down shows' how easy it is to preserve metal , been regularly using oil as an immediate saving zone on anything I pick up . its also an inspiring gain point that makes me look at a long neglected pick up in a different way , on its salvation update . keep it oily , pete   

• Like 1

squonk

Made up some replacement 7879 bushings today for future repairs. 1/2" I.D.. X 9/16 O.D. Got the idea from Mike's RJ. Less than $1.00 apiece plus a little time with the belt sander and dremel as opposed to almost $16.00!!! Originals are tin not bronze. They just look it from being old.

bushings.jpg.ce2744faefe09bc97001dc4d8421b3d8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I started doing maintenance on my 1986-87 36" RD deck last week.Started as a routine service and end as a full tear down , found 2 holes . Carried to my brother's on Saturday for him to weld a patch .  Found 3 different holes on the curved portion on under side of the deck. He fixed the first patch . Flipped the deck over to patch curved sections. He figured that he would not be able to weld . Would end up blowing out what he was trying to weld, #$%&*()_+++(*^&%$$## Yesterday dug out a old 36 in RD with double D spindles.  that I think I bought at the 2017 BS.  Dug into the parts pile for DD blades . Had a set. Sharpened the blades and installed. No problem. Flipped it over to install a a belt ( all keep a spare) . Could not get belt tight. Adjustment bar frozen in place. @#$%((^## . 2 hours removing rusted this and than dropping bolts , nuts etc. Clean every up , wire grinder cutting rust and crud off of everything . Used rust remover , primed the space cleaned . added grease to adjustment bar and realized the plastic spacers need to be replaced&*()_()&%%$# . Need to order a pair. Put everything back to together . Walked in the house soaking wet with sweat , got the " look " and the comment you stink.   I am going to take a nap , hope I don't fall off the bed.

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Haha 5

squonk
2 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I started doing maintenance on my 1986-87 36" RD deck last week.Started as a routine service and end as a full tear down , found 2 holes . Carried to my brother's on Saturday for him to weld a patch .  Found 3 different holes on the curved portion on under side of the deck. He fixed the first patch . Flipped the deck over to patch curved sections. He figured that he would not not enough metal . Would end up blowing out what he was trying to weld, #$%&*()_+++(*^&%$$## Dug out a old 36 in RD with double D spindles.  that I think I bought at the 2017 BS.  Dug into the parts pile for DD blades . Had a set. Sharpened the blades and installed. No problem. Flipped it over to install a a belt ( all keep a spare) . Could not get belt tight. Adjustment bar frozen in place. @#$%((^## . 2 hours removing rusted this and than dropping bolts , nuts etc. Clean every up , wire grinder cutting rust and crud off of everything . Used rust remover , primed the space cleaned . added grease to adjustment bar and realized the plastic spacers need to be replaced&*()_()&%%$# . Need to order a pair. Put everything back to together . Walked in the house soaking wet with sweat , got the " look " and the comment you stink.   I am going to take a nap , hope I don't fall oof the bed.

Wish you called me first. I would have driven down there with my lawn chair! :lol:

• Haha 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

With the ways things were going your chair probably would have broken.

• Haha 3

squonk
5 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

With the ways things were going your chair probably would have broken.

It's a rocker. Very popular at the show! 838109581avatar.gif.25ed8fafb0005cb753677d7379065aa5.gif

• Like 1

seuadr
3 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

20210412_115820.jpg

tilt it forward and start a jousting league! :lol:

here is what i did today:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Wish you could have been here and help me lift the DD deck , it is a good 50 lbs heavier than the 86 -87 deck . You could have helped with applying band aids to each little nick and scratch on my hands and arms.  The red spots on the deck is my BLOOD. You would think I am kin to @pullstart .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OldWorkHorse

Hahaha that be a good idea. Turning radius might be effected a little. Sounds awesome @seuadr

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Like 1

squonk
4 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Wish you could have been here and help me lift the DD deck , it is a good 50 lbs heavier than the 86 -87 deck . You could have helped with applying band aids to each little nick and scratch on my hands and arms.  The red spots on the deck is my BLOOD. You would think I am kin to @pullstart .

I AM NOT touching that first sentence! :naughty:

• Haha 1

Pullstart

Did some shuffling and sweeping to get the golf cart out of short term storage.  The customer is coming for it soon.  I cut a tab to add for the loader valve while I wait for him to come.  Yeah, the sawzall kind of got away from me, but it’ll do.

C987DD1B-6354-4A66-B9B1-B420FDBC407A.jpeg

E90B0A83-D055-4E69-AB76-CE128F9EF6C5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1