Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

rjg854

The way it usually goes here, is that you can almost bet on one more dump of snow, some time in March, before it's officially over.  Most assuredly if your remove your snow removal implements.:teasing-poke:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell
56 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

remove your snow removal implements.

Who does that Randy ?     Doesn't everyone have a tractor for every implement?  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

rjg854

I take the plow off the C160 to be able to mow with it during mowing season.  I also use one of the Commandos and mow with that too.  I take the blower off the 16 Auto to be able to run that during the off season.

• Like 2

pfrederi

The only time an implement comes off any more is if maintenance requires it..

• Like 5

Stormin

Removed the plough/dozer blade of the C-125 this afternoon. Don't really know why I bothered putting it on. Snow as such is pretty scarce down here on the plain.

The 125 has been a bit of a pig to start lately, so to save the old back and knees,it was up on the table to check the points.

P1030539.JPG.ff1c19415dad57c6c960656241dc12aa.JPG

Found they were a little tight so set to to adjust them. What a PITA they are to set. Anyone who has do this will know what I mean. A right fiddle. It seems to be starting better now, but I'll see what it's like tomorrow with a cold engine.

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

squonk

31 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Removed the plough/dozer blade of the C-125 this afternoon. Don't really know why I bothered putting it on. Snow as such is pretty scarce down here on the plain.

The 125 has been a bit of a pig to start lately, so to save the old back and knees,it was up on the table to check the points.

P1030539.JPG.ff1c19415dad57c6c960656241dc12aa.JPG

Found they were a little tight so set to to adjust them. What a PITA they are to set. Anyone who has do this will know what I mean. A right fiddle. It seems to be starting better now, but I'll see what it's like tomorrow with a cold engine.

The hospital called, They want their stretcher back! :)

If you think a :wh: is bad to set points on, Try a Power King with a loader on it. :confusion-seeingstars:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Tuneup

Well, the 48" deck recently obtained with the 520 had a pulley that was welded and offset just a touch. Made for a heck of a vibration on the deck. Removed the nut and the pulley came off by hand. I ordered two and decided to take the other off before they arrived - NOT!!!   Original 1990 pulley. After cutting and heating and reheating and, choke, hammering, and prying and heating again, it started to move. I bet an 8 lb maul would have unseated it with 1 wack but I'm not that careless. The 516 was so happy to be de-decked, it wheelied all over the yard and so I attached a cart and we picked up wood scrap together. Arbor is OK but I'll have to chase the zerk threads. I had the nut on it for the few hammer blows but...  Heck, may as well freshen the bearings while they're right there begging for it.

Pulley_Damage.jpg

• Like 6

Jhook

Installed a new 340 cca battery in the 315. The old one was getting very weak. Now she fires right up like it used to

• Like 7

johnnymag3
On 2/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, Ed Kennell said:

Undo stress ?   It does increase the radial load on the bearing, but I doubt if it causes a bearing failure.

Edit... Actually on rethinking, I don't believe the bearing load changes.    The bending load on the axle does increase.

This thread needs new life.......... BORING

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

SylvanLakeWH

@pullstart glad to see The WHrat is getting some love and seat time!!!

Lookin’ good!!!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
58 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

@pullstart glad to see The WHrat is getting some love and seat time!!!

Lookin’ good!!!

:handgestures-thumbupright:

We had a blast!  A couple times she got stuck spinning all 4 tires and with the wide fronts on Poppy I could give her a little nudge and keep it rolling along!  There’s a serious front axle problem, where it pivots left or right at about 25 degrees in either direction.. but Rylee was aware and says it’s one of our funnest tractors!  I need to get a new front attach-a-matic back in so the axle pin has a strong hold again.

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

Never noticed the front axle issue... only ran it on the paved streets around the hood. Didn’t come with an attach a magic... 

:confusion-confused:

• Like 1

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Never noticed the front axle issue... only ran it on the paved streets around the hood. Didn’t come with an attach a magic... 

:confusion-confused:

Sure is magic!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

:ROTF:

I’m sure with a strong pin and even platforms it would be tough to tell.  The pin tab broke and somehow it’s still cruising through the corn rows.  That’s :wh: tough! I think though, it has stayed together because the axle is resting against the street sign front chain hanger and has no place to go. :orcs-cheers:

• Like 4

Horse Newbie
11 hours ago, Stormin said:

Snow as such is pretty scarce down here on the plain.

Inclement weather totals in Monroe, NC, USA this year =

Snow......0"

Ice/ Freezing rain.....0"

Rain.....1, 938, 600"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Horse Newbie
7 hours ago, Tuneup said:

chase the zerk threads

Is there a standard size thread for most zerks on our WH's...and if so what are the threads (ie.

1/4-20, NPT, NF, NC, SAE) ?

I prolly have a few that need to be chased and the threads are usually too short to put a thread gauge on them...

8ntruck

I think they are 1/4-28 tapered threads.

• Like 3

Horse Newbie
23 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

I think they are 1/4-28 tapered threads.

Thanks !!

cschannuth
On 3/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, haydendavid380 said:

20210305_095541.jpg.0c66d56eaf0ed3c632289938e8be0505.jpg

He posts ads for custom WH stuff in all the Facebook groups pretty frequently. He makes some good stuff that's really well priced.

I have an unusually large noggin and I got one of his flex fit extra large caps and it fits really nice. It was great quality, he is very responsive, and probably 20% less than what most outfits charge for flex fit the caps. 

Edited by cschannuth
  • Like 5

haydendavid380

It's getting to be about lunch time, and apparently my horse thought I'd like some pudding to go with my sandwich 

20210307_104441.jpg.f052fceb2f62edde3716736293d86d94.jpg

Screenshot_20210307-110553_Gallery.jpg.3c110bb2dea691f9b16e79235eca98ad.jpg

Edited by haydendavid380
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

haydendavid380

Got everything put back together. Seemed to smooth the idle way up. I was also able to lean the mixture up and now we've got zero smoke and a nice smooth idle

• Like 9

Oldskool
5 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

It's getting to be about lunch time, and apparently my horse thought I'd like some pudding to go with my sandwich 

20210307_104441.jpg.f052fceb2f62edde3716736293d86d94.jpg

Screenshot_20210307-110553_Gallery.jpg.3c110bb2dea691f9b16e79235eca98ad.jpg

Yum....puddin. ya might need a cleaning 

• Like 2

sparkie333
20 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

1/4-20, N

Prob. 1/4-20

• Confused 1

sparkie333
On 3/6/2021 at 8:20 AM, pfrederi said:

maintenance requires it..