Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

I had a piece of 3/4 maple sheet that just happend be the perfect fit in between the carpet rails so that dolly is now I'm not good with math but rated at 10,000lbs?

At LEAST

• Haha 1

OldWorkHorse
2 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Gonna go to town and pick up another 30 inch lift

That's a nice idea I just have the front wheel tractor jack. What one do you use link didnt work for me looks like had a 500 and 1000lb cart. 

peter lena

echris , hiding in plane site , on that new pulley , is the wide type pop off  grease seals , a hi temp grease refill will insure no more bearing noise or failure , pocket screwdriver , gently removes the seal , LEE1977, like your over axel rear hitch mount , did you buy it ,or make it ? looking for ideas for rear weight attachment, that angle steel would be nice , pete 

JohnD
3 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

Gonna go to town and pick up another 30 inch lift using a 25% off coupon. That way, I can put one at each end of a tractor and lift them from under the wheels  even with a deck installed. https://www.harborfreight.com/checkout/cart 

I'm just curious, which lift did you pick?  The link doesn't work from this end. 

• Like 1

ohiofarmer
2 hours ago, JohnD said:

OK, it is called a high position motorcycle lift. I did have a bit of trouble getting it at my price of 149.99.  First, I got the 25% coupon from hfqdb, com.   hfqdb stands for harbor freight coupon data base. Copy down the coupon code and have it with you when you go to the store.These units are never on the floor display and there is probably only one in the back of the store and it is in a battered box because of poor cardboard construction. The way to see if the discount coupon works is to initiate a mail order by placing the order online and applying the coupon code. When it shows the discount, take a screen shot or use a cell phone to take a picture of the computer screen. The freight on this thing is too high so that is why I went to the store.

Chances are, a new person has never seen the lift and may not be able to find it right away, but a manager can probably help. Meanwhile, you are up front making your case with the correct SKU number from your coupon, and when they say that it does not apply to this item, you just show them the screenshot with the discount code accepted.

IN REVIEW

1. Go to the home page and in the search bar type. "high position motorcycle lift"   2 to find a coupon type hfqdb.com and copy down the discount code to take with you. 3. Have a screen shot of the accepted discount in the online application.

There are so many products that they are selling new to them that the checkout clerks cannot possibly know every rule or exception, but once you show them, a manager will be called and save you 50 bucks off the retail of 200. I am gonna start doing this with all the big ticket stuff.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Humm...wonder if this will work on their big ol' rolling US General toolbox?

357788075_Screenshot_20201205-152652_SamsungInternet.jpg.b1d660a8706dcca2ff020b37d12b595c.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

Or their presses, engines...

ohiofarmer
5 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Humm...wonder if this will work on their big ol' rolling US General toolbox?  Nope

ohiofarmer
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Or their presses, engines...

Not Predator, but the easy way to find out about anything is just put it in a mail order cart and apply the discount code. It will not accept it if it does not apply

• Thanks 1

Horse Newbie

Took my front wheels of the 520H tonight after blowing leaves all day...gonna sand them down and paint them.

Anybody on here ever had a set of hub caps re-chromed ?

20201205_183113.jpg

20201205_201608.jpg

20201205_201622.jpg

20201205_201631.jpg

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Like 5

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

if and when

We had some fun today. Forecast was for 12+ all snow. Ended up with about half that of slush. Super heavy thick stuff. 

I wouldn't have minded if Cinnamon had a little more weight but overall did great. 

Ground isn't frozen here so that was a huge issue. 

• Like 3

johnnymag3

II hate slush Eric//////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

II hate slush Eric//////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Agreed. 

I'd rather move 15 or 20 inches of powder than 6 slush any day. 

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
16 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Anybody on here ever had a set of hub caps re-chromed ?

I have not (most likely more expensive than you may think) but I did have a set powder coated "stainless steel silver" then painted in the embossing. They are now on my patina '95.  Shiny enough for you?

IMAG2846.jpg

IMAG2865.jpg

IMAG2868.jpg

20201023_170107_HDR.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Tried the ZTR blade mount under the 95 520 looks like it may be doable for a mid grader but I will have to do some cutting wielding and modifying...

20201206_144740_HDR.jpg

20201206_144747_HDR.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie
3 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I have not (most likely more expensive than you may think) but I did have a set powder coated "stainless steel silver" then painted in the embossing. They are now on my patina '95.  Shiny enough for you?

IMAG2846.jpg

IMAG2865.jpg

IMAG2868.jpg

20201023_170107_HDR.jpg

@WVHillbilly520H  Yes sir they are shiney enough !

I'll do some shopping around on the cost of chrome compared to powder coating.

If chrome is too high looks like powder coating will definitely do...

I was already planning on embossing them like you did but I had not thought of the black circle...I was gonna do red.

I think I'm gonna have to steal the black circle idea.

I think it would look better than red...need a little contrast.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

@WVHillbilly520H  Yes sir they are shiney enough !

I'll do some shopping around on the cost of chrome compared to powder coating.

If chrome is too high looks like powder coating will definitely do...

I was already planning on embossing them like you did but I had not thought of the black circle...I was gonna do red.

I think I'm gonna have to steal the black circle idea.

I think it would look better than red...need a little contrast.

Bear in mind the first pic shows an really decent chrome and the "duller" version in powder.

Horse Newbie
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Bear in mind the first pic shows an really decent chrome and the "duller" version in powder.

Yes, but the same hub caps right...just before and after ?

WVHillbilly520H
12 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Yes, but the same hub caps right...just before and after ?

No the bottom one of that pic is an untouched chrome version right above is the newly powder coated version, the chrome 1s came with the embossing dull gray. Maybe this pic clears it up.

IMAG2844.jpg

Horse Newbie
6 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

No the bottom one of that pic is an untouched chrome version right above is the newly powder coated version, the chrome 1s came with the embossing dull gray. Maybe this pic clears it up.

IMAG2844.jpg

Yes...I gotcha...just gonna have to get prices and decide if the chrome would be worth it if it's a lot more costly.

D_Mac

Got the 857 ready for some snow. I have a set of wheel weights I was going to put on but discovered I will need to take the chains off the tires and then put the weights on then reinstall the chains again. I shorten the chains when I first put them on so they are as tight as banjo stings. Not looking forward to doing it again. Spring I will repaint the wheels. Picked up a cigarette lighter for it too. Going to install it because I have one of those 12v flashing yellow lights with magnetic base for the hood.

20201206_095027.jpg

20201206_094922.jpg

20201206_094949.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Tractorhead
2 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Yes...I gotcha...just gonna have to get prices and decide if the chrome would be worth it if it's a lot more costly.

They look real good.

About pricing

Chrome plating will cost you at least more than double compared to powdercoating if it‘s made with quality.

Depending is the base material how it is in shape and the surface you like to have as finish.

more than for a good Paint job here is the prepare of the surface urgently required.

especial if you want a shiney high glossy surface

That was also my reason to let my Rims Powdercoating.

normally cost here to compare for a Set of Rim‘s 12“ for a Horse

prep and Powdercoat for a set Rim‘s 150

prep and Chromeplating for a set Rim‘s 350

when prepared 

Only Powdercoat for a Set of Rim‘s 75

only Chromeplating for a set of Rims 160

Prices may vary a little depending on preperation time, just to give you an idea about the cost situation.

except you had a Buddy that can give you a much cheaper value,

than you‘re a lucky man.

• Like 2

Jhook

Got a fairly big package from @pullstart today. if i could take a guess id say its a sundstrand rear end!

20201207_165439.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4