Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

JMcBrew
On 6/23/2020 at 5:01 PM, cleat said:

A good air hammer can do amazing things

I have a Mac tools one that is awesome

Good job getting that one out

A little never seize on the new pin and you should never have that problem again 

It's not just the air hammer... the anvils are just as important.  My father, a Mercedes mechanic, had bought a set of air hammer anvils from Northern Tool.  He was having a hell of a time getting some ball joints off.  He switched over to some good ones (probably Snap-On), the ball joints popped right off.  Switched back to the NT anvils and couldn't knock anything off.  They look the same, but the metallurgy must be different.

• Like 1

JMcBrew

Took the back wheels off to mount new turf tires.  The ones I took off are Wheelhorse tires with a good amount of cracking but lots of tread.  Anybody interested?  Will send them for the cost of shipping.

Shoes off.jpg

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Share the source for the shirt here Josh. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 4

19richie66

:text-yeahthat: what he said :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Lee1977
2 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

I installed the dozer  blade for the first time since completely repainted, going to give it a workout  with  the fresh 14Hp  and hydraulic  lift in the 8 speed. I have about 2 ton of topsoil to spread at my in-laws. 

20200624_193915.jpg

Just two tons, that won't take over 15 minuets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Goldnboy
6 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

Just two tons, that won't take over 15 minuets.

Um...my mother-in law is city folk pays for true green service... I highly  doubt  that I will be that lucky 

• Like 1

echris

So I thought I was so cool when I invented a crazed gas cap fix. My 310 looked like this:

1.jpg.5ee4ff7c14f669c1a31be04850be1d4d.jpg

I took a pair of needle nose and clipped off the crazed lens.

2.jpg.0af649626ad1c829e7f42bff838fc3ce.jpg

I thought I was so cool. It's almost like new.

I had plans to clean out the rest of the crazed lens and epoxy or silicone a home made replacement out of plexi, or lexan or whatever I have.

I mowed tonight and smelled gas. After mowing I checked her over and found the cap is cracked underneath. Oh well, it's shot. :(

I see aftermarket caps everywhere. Any tips on where to source a good one?

Edited by echris
  • Like 2

D_Mac

Picked up my other Horse today that I had stored at my friends house. Got to work right on it as soon as it was here. Degreased and power washed it first. Then I wire brushed and painted the wheels. I took all the decals and glue off of it while it was at my friends. Thats not paint on the tires its just dirt. I might try painting the tires... anyone ever try that? Also PO painted the muffler, I am going to try and repaint it. Tomorrow I will see how clean I can get them. While it was at my friends I changed the oil, new air cleaner, new fuel filter, new plug. Took blower housing off and blew out all the debris. Greased all the fittings. Adjusted the clutch and brake.  Deck is all finished. I will clean it all up tomorrow. @Vinylguy decals should be here by sat. Getting close to finishing it.

20200616_180640.jpg

20200625_203149.jpg

20200625_163247.jpg

20200625_203209.jpg

20200623_145829.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

953 nut
7 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Thats not paint on the tires its just dirt. I might try painting the tires... anyone ever try that?

@prondzy used white Flex Seal to have white sidewall tires.           :confusion-confused:                Wouldn't that look cool?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

s-l400.jpg.f1dc26af1bafd5bf4b4a90c6f5ecafd5.jpg

• Thanks 1

Vinylguy
12 hours ago, D_Mac said:

@Vinylguy decals should be here by sat. Getting close to finishing it.

Just checked tracking  and it shows Monday now D_Mac. :(

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

AMC RULES

Making this tank look presentable today.20200626_114948.jpg.c60e149f62130d9837c9cca8692bb490.jpg

Hoping Vinylguy has that center cap decal available.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4
  • Sad 1

Tractorhead

Btw, thanks Terry @Vinylguy for the Decals, they arrived much faster than the Tractor.

The Pickup Contracter of my Transport Company didn’t answered until now, so it‘s still at Pullstart stable 😢

i can‘t wait to see them after rework on the Horse.

Hope the Contracter react‘s soon and pickup quickly.

but because i‘m too curious i looked into Package and take a look on them,

they looking pretty Cool. 👍

@AMC RULES did you thinning the Surface or was it a prepare to paint?

looks good

• Like 2

AMC RULES
17 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

@AMC RULES did you thinning the Surface or was it a prepare to paint?

looks good

Just hand polished the tank and dash for now, might get a wild hair and repaint it at some point.

20200626_115107.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

D_Mac

Got out there early this morning to detail the 416-8 project. Got it all done except for sharpening the blades, putting on the deck, and the decals from @Vinylguy. Not your fault Terry. They get here when they get here. I only brush touched some spots on the tractor. Its all original paint except for the wheels. Those I did paint. Its a nice tractor not sure what one I want to keep. I have to sell one as I cant keep 4. Leaning towards selling the 416-8 only because its newer. 416-8 has 48 inch deck and the C-161 has 42 inch deck but the C-161 is automatic. Both have nice 16 hp Kohlers. I also have the Lambert that still isnt finished and the Speedanza. I dont know what I was thinking but I only have a 1 car garage and everything is packed in like sardines !!!

20200626_121545.jpg

20200607_130845.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Excellent 6
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Making this tank look presentable today.20200626_114948.jpg.c60e149f62130d9837c9cca8692bb490.jpg

Hoping Vinylguy has that center cap decal available.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

I’ve used a cap for a ‘69 Chevy C-10 with great success.  The vacuum mechanism I had to ease up though.  It seems like there are two springs inside and I took one out?

C4C68E42-206F-499A-8258-64A398F43CAC.jpeg

F6F4F794-F3EC-44AF-9983-9BEDDE0DA8BE.jpeg

• Like 2

Pullstart

I washed out the FEL bucket today... one handed after my drill bit battle. :hide:

The raspberries are about due for pickin and there’s a couple hundred by 30’ patch on the edge of the field that we found this spring!

5CAA7ABB-EF49-4A6C-9D28-AD7EDDA4B514.jpeg

5C517094-8AB6-4E71-A832-5CFDD91E48C3.jpeg

72CDC36B-74AD-4847-B0F9-7EDBC07E7CF5.jpeg

• Like 5

ebinmaine

Trina is enjoying a day off with her mom....

IMG_20200626_134737.jpg.6da9f8dfa0aac5d42348a35f05e0e8f0.jpg

Relaxing. By moving wood.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

johnnymag3
3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

me too....need one bad

johnnymag3
20 hours ago, echris said:

So I thought I was so cool when I invented a crazed gas cap fix. My 310 looked like this:

1.jpg.5ee4ff7c14f669c1a31be04850be1d4d.jpg

I took a pair of needle nose and clipped off the crazed lens.

2.jpg.0af649626ad1c829e7f42bff838fc3ce.jpg

I thought I was so cool. It's almost like new.

I had plans to clean out the rest of the crazed lens and epoxy or silicone a home made replacement out of plexi, or lexan or whatever I have.

I mowed tonight and smelled gas. After mowing I checked her over and found the cap is cracked underneath. Oh well, it's shot. :(

I see aftermarket caps everywhere. Any tips on where to source a good one?

FLEABAY

D_Mac
19 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

FLEABAY

I just bought a cap for mine, didnt fit. Correct part number but didnt fit. There is a Post about the caps. My tractor wasnt the only one that that has happened.