Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Chris G

I pulled mine outside today and stretched there legs a bit, once I finished up the 401. Figured it was nice day so let the kids drive them around awhile. Also tore down a parts machine today.

20180402_141428.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Nice...:handgestures-thumbupright:   Fine looking herd ther. Best keep that one with the plow warmed up and handy Chris... sounds like our winter ain't over with! B) Blame it on @Ed Kennell he will not take his winter equipment off! So yesterday Cindy came out and saw me taking off the doors to the 520 cab and informed me of the forecast..... the doors  went back on! :) I guess it was wishful thinking spring is here. :lol:

Edited by WHX16
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Shynon
2 minutes ago, WHX16 said:

Cindy came out and saw me taking off the doors to the 520 cab and informed me of the forecast..... the doors  went back on!

:ROTF:

• Haha 2

WHX??

What you laughing about Tom ...looks like you guys are gonna get hammered too! :o

• Like 1

Chris G

Ya I was gonna take my plow off as well today. Until I seen the news this morning

ebinmaine

Yabuncha wintah amateurs. ...

:ROTF:

• Haha 5

Shynon

Always ready

20180115_162214.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Yah EB's got a point Chris :)..... Nice pic Tom! :handgestures-thumbupright: ...like the way that v-twin just happened to be sitting there. Too bad it was from four or five winters ago! :ychain: :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 3

Slickbilly-D
1 minute ago, Shynon said:

Always ready

20180115_162214.jpg

I’m just getting in to this wheel horse stuff, and I’m starting to see it’s imperative to own AT LEAST two horses.  You gotta have the blower/blade set up for winter, then the yard queen/dirt digger for the summer.  Then one that’s restored just to ride around on :D

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Yer catching on real quick Billy :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Slickbilly-D said:

I’m just getting in to this wheel horse stuff, and I’m starting to see it’s imperative to own AT LEAST two horses.  You gotta have the blower/blade set up for winter, then the yard queen/dirt digger for the summer.  Then one that’s restored just to ride around on :D

It's well known and accepted (by us nuts) common knowledge all across the land that the quotient is such as follows :

Any :wh: minimum quantity number volume is directly related to but NOT limited by the minimum number of required (or  even remotely desired) implements,  attachments, or devices driven, dragged or pushed. 

Volume added to this number can be exceeded for reasons also related to relations. .. such as spouse's tractor, Tractors specifically for children/grandchildren and/or other children partially or completely unrelated. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

WHX??

Got me lost EB..... you sound lke @ztnoo ... I just think they are kool! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

19richie66
7 hours ago, WHX16 said:

Got me lost EB..... you sound lke @ztnoo ... I just think they are kool! :)

Thinking the same thing. Somehow thier keyboards got crossed. :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tuneup

Meanwhile, in the Deep South just west of Atlanta, a freshly welded 42 deck will get some arbor bearings and the 120 and 125 will get their new brake linings on this, my week off. In non-WH news, the old Snapper will do the yard duty of sucking-up all that dead bermuda grass scrap. You can't even burn that stuff - more dirt than grass. It'll push 80 today before the front hits tonight.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Tuneup said:

Meanwhile, in the Deep South just west of Atlanta, a freshly welded 42 deck will get some arbor bearings and the 120 and 125 will get their new brake linings on this, my week off. In non-WH news, the old Snapper will do the yard duty of sucking-up all that dead bermuda grass scrap. You can't even burn that stuff - more dirt than grass. It'll push 80 today before the front hits tonight.

Love the news reports.... :lol:

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

Tuneup

Yeah - you and yours stay warm up there! I have relatives in Nova Scotia but we don't visit in the winter months.

• Like 1

Tuneup

Attached the excellent Maynard brake linings with Goop to my babies and got to test the 125 yesterday - sweetness. Took the 42" deck for its weld last week and finally got to looking closely at the arbors with the intent of replacing the bearings. It was just a matter of applying grease the old fashioned way - hand and finger pressure. They're all good. Deck goes back together this weekend with the help of 36" deck mount hardware sitting nearby - less worn. The 36" came with the 120 which is another example of extreme red-necking requiring some weld breaking so it can steer straight. Too many beers and a hot torch make for bad steering. They wanted side discharge , too, so, hey, just cut the deck and add a chute - done! All in fun. Super strong engine and good trans so she will be saved as functional, just not super shiny like the black hood. Weekend coming!

• Like 4

Marv

Started work to change axle, input shaft, and brake shaft seals. Got it cleaned up and discovered input shaft bearing bad.Here we go, trans tear down to fix it. Hadn't planned on that.

Marv

• Sad 2

Tuneup
13 hours ago, Marv said:

Started work to change axle, input shaft, and brake shaft seals. Got it cleaned up and discovered input shaft bearing bad.Here we go, trans tear down to fix it. Hadn't planned on that.

Marv

"Hadn't planned on that" seems normal for an old machine but, hey, tearing into these transmissions is nothing more than fun. So glad a lister has made us those big bearings. I've purchased a couple myself. Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Aldon

Installed the Jack on my Horse Hauler last week. Got the battery, dedicated trickle charger and Wiring to External AC ran today. Just in time as I’m headed west in AM to meet up with two new owners for these horses.

F59C5FF1-D158-445B-B6CF-6D23F1F72029.jpeg.75a1261e5d10f15156df8f2d8b50ef37.jpeg87ABCF75-DE96-4AD1-A86A-313E99D75C07.jpeg.ebfc94b1acce44e87e56ec8d4d3ab22a.jpeg771D4008-E370-4165-958F-ED90217CCD10.jpeg.b94b0d502d6a39883079f572c9a02e83.jpegE1C216B8-9E3C-492C-8D16-7BA3EBC3163E.jpeg.b91574a7dbb9eceb477e6235fcf51856.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

ztnoo
43 minutes ago, Aldon said:

I’m headed west in AM

In a John Wayne voice:  "Well partner........how fur west ya goin'................. and how long ya reckon it'll take ya to git there?"

• Haha 4

Aldon

Rochester area. 3-3.5 hours.

• Like 4

JPWH

Aldon, I have a jack like that on my 30' camper. Much better than cranking and it has held up well for about 8 years now.

Edited by JPWH
Auto spelling correction
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1