Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66

They make rubber bushing eliminators. Check Zac Kerber Machine. He makes them I believe.

oliver2-44

Thanks @19richie66  I've been thinking about having some machined, but can't beat these for $24.50

Zach Kerber is an interesting garden tractor parts and pulling parts site!

688.jpg

He also has Throttle shaft bushings $4.75  and other carb parts at a semi reasonable price.

52.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Stormin

Spent the best part of the afternoon resetting the mowing deck on the C-125. Before I gave it a bit of a refurb and fitted the rear ag tyres, plus the narrow front wheels, the mowing settings were always the same. Since the refurb things have not been the same. Hence the checking, head scratching and puzzlement and wondering what I'd done wrong in the rebuild.

The only difference I could think of was the tyres. And that was it. The ag's are the same O.D. as the turfs. But the front trailer tyres are 1 inch bigger in O.D. May not seem much, but made a difference front to back.

Of course when I got things to my satisfaction and ready to mow, it started to rain. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Herder

Here's the organ donor I picked up several weeks ago.  It ran real good when I picked it up but I figured prior to removing the engine I would go through it and check everything.  The intake valve was ticking so that brought on the investigation.  It came with receipts for a rebuild and still has some cross hatch in the cylinder.:handgestures-thumbupright:  Not bad for a 20 year old rebuild.  After a quick valve adjustment, a carbon cleaning and a static timing on the ignition she runs like a top.       

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1405.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_1407.JPG

IMG_1408.JPG

Edited by Herder
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 5

mhlmeader

Put a new battery in my 701, installed a rebuild kit in the fuel pump.  Runs pretty good. I have on order a new ignition switch, and have to do a little rewiring.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

MIGHTYMO

Well the drive belt snapped on my '96 314-8 so I ordered a new one and I oedered an aftermarket muffler so I can make a stack. Also all week I have been working on making a hitch with a 2" receiver. Finished that up on friday right before the belt snapped

20190612_184224.jpg

Edited by MIGHTYMO
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, MIGHTYMO said:

working on making a hitch with a 2" receiver

Well done!!

I'd like to see pics when it's mounted on the tractor if you can.

• Like 1

CountryRock

Worked on the fender pan for the GT2500 today.  Sanded, spot puttied and another couple coats of primer.  Just need to do a quick wet sand on it, sand the under side and put some color on it.  Don't need to be perfect.  Also drained the transmission oil and did a flush with diesel fuel.  Letting it sit overnight with diesel fuel in it, gonna drain it and fill with fresh oil tomorrow.

IMG_20190617_203215.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Herder
19 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

This evening we put a new battery in Trina's first tractor. The 657 known as Pony.

This is the one we did the full restoration on last year and it has the 8 horse Briggs engine in it.

I replaced the positive cable with a better one and cleaned up a couple terminals and Trina added some felt for spacing in the battery tray.

We haven't moved this tractor under its own power for seven or eight months. Put gas in. Set the choke. It turned over maybe two or three times? Started right up.

It now lives in the portable garage/stable with the other Wheelhorses.

IMG_20190617_193849565.jpg.f68072edb32637ea83f6c4838d5a8cd7.jpg

IMG_20190617_193752121.jpg.5dd9b6a1e1d3f5401ac846b9501fed47.jpg

IMG_20190617_193804151.jpg.7362f80f6b06e96b7e9bfd949494ac1c.jpg

you would be surprised by how much stuff you can jam into a garage in a box.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Wondering what kind of snow load they can handle? 

• Like 1

formariz
5 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

That you have to worry about. Last year I neglected to clean snow off mine and sure enough it bent ridge and collapsed. Probably it would be a good idea to put additional supports length wise above "rafters" to prevent tarp from sagging and collecting snow.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

We're going to aim for none.

We'll be keeping the roof clear.

That said.... We're going to add some reinforcement for the times we're away from home While it's snowing.

In a heavy storm it could easily snow 15 inches or more during the day.

Also will be adding a few pieces of plywood or advantec to the bottom edges.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
26 minutes ago, Herder said:

This'll be about it ........... for now.

Except for the 2 trailers.

We REALLY want to keep it as a drive through building.

• Like 1

WHX??
29 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Mine has no snow load ... alpine roof they call it..I had ten tractors in it  over winter BUT  the moisture buildup was devastating. No air movement.. Some suffer some extra patina but not where required. Carbs turned dang near white. :angry-banghead:I left a little opening so the cats could get in and keep the mice at bay. Door stays open now in the summer as it gets hot in ther.

20190617_203909.jpg

20190617_203939.jpg

• Like 3

WHX??
1 hour ago, CountryRock said:

Worked on the fender pan for the GT2500 today.  Sanded, spot puttied and another couple coats of primer.  Just need to do a quick wet sand on it, sand the under side and put some color on it.  Don't need to be perfect.  Also drained the transmission oil and did a flush with diesel fuel.  Letting it sit overnight with diesel fuel in it, gonna drain it and fill with fresh oil tomorrow.

IMG_20190617_203215.jpg

We gotta set up you a go fund me site for a new seat???:lol:

• Haha 3

Pullstart

Still just chimpin’ at the bit to finish the hauler.  My wife mentioned leaving tomorrow night to get some miles under us with the big load.  Big Show 2019 Here We Come!

Only two more bits of E-Track need to be checked off as done!

98AE1EF0-4348-404E-B4F2-CBE5EDCFAADC.jpeg

• Like 3

CountryRock
10 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

We gotta set up you a go fund me site for a new seat???:lol:

:lol::lol: Lol, no, that's just temporary.  Gonna grab a new one from northern tool pretty soon.

Edited by CountryRock
  • Excellent 1

adsm08

Cross shaft bearings.

Hopefully this was the last time I have to take the deck apart for a while. There isn't too much left on it to do.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Rylee’s “Screamin’ Jimmy was in dire need of a better seat.  This one I believe came on the Charger 12 that became Frank.  I swapped it out and made her smile before bed time.  Those girls are so excited to make it to the show!

2E02FAFD-3F98-4558-9F60-3CB1DDDCE7AB.jpeg

DB818D84-5F32-4271-AC5E-2D03474A597E.jpeg

D0255F01-708C-4A41-B871-CE91268B8CAC.jpeg

• Like 4

ZXT

Got some new blades on the 42" deck on the C120! The old ones had about had it. Hopefully it'll cut better now! The old ones were still mediocre even after sharpening.

58190761696__A54BB9B0-EF08-434B-BAB1-E8474EB87C35.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, WHX24 said:

moisture buildup

Do you have a floor barrier?

Tarp. Plastic. Etc...

pfrederi
9 hours ago, Herder said:

10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

This evening we put a new battery in Trina's first tractor. The 657 known as Pony.

This is the one we did the full restoration on last year and it has the 8 horse Briggs engine in it.

I replaced the positive cable with a better one and cleaned up a couple terminals and Trina added some felt for spacing in the battery tray.

We haven't moved this tractor under its own power for seven or eight months. Put gas in. Set the choke. It turned over maybe two or three times? Started right up.

It now lives in the portable garage/stable with the other Wheelhorses.

Eric:  You may want to reconsider the felt and use rubber or something. Felt absorbs moisture (especially in unheated storage) and holds it against the metal... 

ebinmaine

@pfrederi

Good advice there. Thank you. We used it only because that was what was handy. I'll see what we can find for little sheets of rubber.