Vintage Trucks

SylvanLakeWH
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

we got it for a song and dance.

You know the rules… :law-policeblue:
Gonna need pictures… :scared-eek:

• Haha 2

rjg854

Fine looking vehicle, my first car never looked that nice :laughing-rolling:  It was a 4 door '65 Chevy Impala, 327, with bucket seats out of a Pontiac Grand Prix.  It was rough to say the least, but it ran good.  It was mine and I worked to earn enough to buy it.  Mom raised 4 of us kids, nobody ever told us we were poor.  But she taught us right, if want something go out and earn it, no matter what it is.  My first job was delivering papers at 12 years old so I could buy myself a bicycle.  I just retired last year, I feel now I've earned enough to enjoy whatever time I have left.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 5

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

I've earned enough to enjoy

Similar story for both me n Trina. 

Far from retirement yet but we've worked hard and earned what we have.  

It's an extremely satisfying feeling. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine

Saw this Beast today in Biddeford Maine.

IMG_20220223_092746604_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

lynnmor
42 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Saw this Beast today in Biddeford Maine.

Good capture showing it in its natural habitat................... (in sight of a gas station)  :auto-checkeredflag:

• Haha 6

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

Good capture showing it in its natural habitat................... (in sight of a gas station)  :auto-checkeredflag:

Excellent sir. Well played.

:ROTF:

• Like 2

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

Probably one of the few things it can't pass!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
33 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Probably one of the few things it can't pass!

They were pretty quick for the time period they were made.

I had a 1989 Dodge Daytona C/S that was slightly faster. Mustang, Trans Am, Corvette. I'm not sure a Camaro could keep up with one of those.

• Like 2

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Mustang, Trans Am, Corvette. Camaro

Not meant in an arrogant way... as there are many people who are faster... (any car guy knows that... when you think you are the fastest... get prepared for a swift kick...) but what scares all of those guys is...

F964B116-02FC-4E95-8BE7-B43DD69A02F5.JPG

In my state... this car could be classified as "vintage" ...but nothing in/on it is untouched and old...

Other guys with muscle cars on the road are... shocked... to say the least... some of them... embarrassed... :lol:

Don

• Like 3

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

there are many people who are faster

I used to have a lot of fun startling people with the Dodge I had.

Ridiculously quiet good running little 2.2L stage 2 intercooled turbo. 5-speed. Drivetrain and suspension was the same as the Shelby but it didn't have ground effects or some of the silencing stuff and it weighed several hundred pounds less.

Helluva fun car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

startling people

Yah man... I love it when people have their windows open and are on their phones while they are driving... then I BLARE by... then they look at you, pizzidly... and roll their window up... I LOVE IT!!!

:laughing-rolling:

Don

• Haha 1

Pullstart
On 2/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, ebinmaine said:

I used to have a lot of fun startling people with the Dodge I had.

Ridiculously quiet good running little 2.2L stage 2 intercooled turbo. 5-speed. Drivetrain and suspension was the same as the Shelby but it didn't have ground effects or some of the silencing stuff and it weighed several hundred pounds less.

Helluva fun car.

I had a good run of Shadows and the like.  The v6 5speed was a fun one too, but I mostly drove my 2.5 auto non-turbo.  It was a turd, but we had lots a fun!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

squonk
On 12/6/2021 at 6:42 AM, AMC RULES said:

Screenshot_20211206-063840_Facebook.jpg.f25e95f0013427b1368f05c6d5c72985.jpgScreenshot_20211206-063856_Facebook.jpg.266fe14849903115d52b6e1b5038757e.jpg

Back in the early 80's the dealer I worked at had 2 C-65's. A Tow truck and a bucket truck. Both had 230 C.I. 6 bangers in them. You could crawl into the engine compartment and close the hood! The lifters in both clattered like crazy. The bucket truck had to be put in my stall every weekend so it was my job to move it. No power steering. The shop owner rented it out to farmers in the fall for apple picking.

• Like 5

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, squonk said:

power steering

Squonk power!!!

ebinmaine

Anyone who watches this thread is likely to get a kick outta this...

I needed a distributor for my old '86 Ford F250 with a straight 6 300 powerplant. 

The factory carb and distributor are computer connected. 

I'm removing the OE single barrel carb and intake to replace with a small 4BBL Carter AFB atop a Clifford intake. 

This means by default I also need a distributor because the stock one would have no advance. 

Poking around on the interwebs and I found a forum alot like Redsquare in general positive nature. Fordsix. 

A fella named Bill Ambler was recommended to build a custom HEI type distributor for me. 

He modifies them to every specific vehicle. 

1 wire connection. 50K + volts to spark plugs. 

Easy starting and better power/torque output/mpg. 

IMG_20220226_191742113_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220226_191748397_HDR.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:eusa-clap: @ebinmaine

And it’s the correct color…! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

squonk

Can't get anything better than an old school GM HEI

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

:eusa-clap: @ebinmaine

And it’s the correct color…! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Color options are black blue red yellow clear. 

I went with red to match the bright red that the split exhaust manifolds are going to be. 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Be sure to post up a pict when Trina installs it for you.  :greetings-wavingyellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Be sure to post up a pict when Trina installs it for you.  :greetings-wavingyellow:

Will do buddy!!

• Like 1

JCM

Go easy you 454 haters. this one got 5 MPG on the way home from the dealer and never got more than 7.5 MPG loaded up with tools etc once the body was installed. 454 throttle body fuel injection 4 speed manual 4.10 locking axle 2 wheel drive. 1988 R-30 scottsdale package factory order.

Chevy 5.jpg

Chevy 4.jpg

Chevy 3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

lynnmor
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Color options are black blue red yellow clear. 

I went with red to match the bright red that the split exhaust manifolds are going to be. 

I looked up the intake manifold and they say that headers are needed to make it fit.  Hopefully your manifolds will work and you are aware of the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, lynnmor said:

I looked up the intake manifold and they say that headers are needed to make it fit.  Hopefully your manifolds will work and you are aware of the issue.

Yessir. Thank you. 

By Clifford's own advertising and "public side" of information that's what they "have to" state because of the need for a direct bolt-on part. :happy-smileyinthebox:

I.... Kinda... Have inside info there.  

The intake manifold can be installed successfully with the EFI exhaust manifolds if the right spacers, studs, and patience is used.  

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
21 hours ago, JCM said:

Go easy you 454 haters. this one got 5 MPG on the way home from the dealer and never got more than 7.5 MPG loaded up with tools etc once the body was installed. 454 throttle body fuel injection 4 speed manual 4.10 locking axle 2 wheel drive. 1988 R-30 scottsdale package factory order.

Chevy 5.jpg

Chevy 4.jpg

Chevy 3.jpg

5 miles to the gallon !… good-googily-moogily!

• Haha 2

JCM

If I remember correctly I think I can squeeze 12 MPG out of this one, small block. Don't drive it much @Horse Newbie

Chevy 7.jpg

1986 2nd Side View.jpg

IMG_0460.JPG

• Excellent 5
  • Heart 1