tntatro

how to tell if attachments fit C-160?

tntatro

Hello, I'm looking for a plow blade and snow blower to fit a C-160 or 1973 8hp no name. How can I tell if they will fit my tractors when I see pictures of them? I see a blade not too far from me on craigslist but the seller doesn't know if it will fit either. Here are the pictures. It looks like I would need other parts if it could fit but this is $60 and an hour drive. Anyone know if it would fit and is worth the time and money? I'm in South East Ohio.

00q0q_gKjIukgr8II_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_5DbWUZ80uUQ_600x450.jpg

Ed Kennell

Yes, that plow will fit and that is a great price.     Go get it ASAP.

You will need the axle bracket and the blade angle lever may be missing.

Still a bargain.

• Like 3

oldredrider

That blade will fit your C-160 for sure. The "BC" on the model tag means it will fit either a B or C series tractor .

• Like 2

c-series don

Ed's right that is a great price, go get it! 

• Like 2

tntatro
22 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Yes, that plow will fit and that is a great price.     Go get it ASAP.

You will need the axle bracket and the blade angle lever may be missing.

Still a bargain.

Are the axle bracket and blade angle lever easy to find?

Ed Kennell

Yes, new reproduced parts are availably from vendors here on Red Square or you can place a wanted ad in the classified section or search on Craigslist or e-bay.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

tntatro

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm trying to set up a time to get it. 

I'm in the process of changing my transmission fluid. In the future I'll do it in warmer weather. It took too long to drain and I didn't have time to refill it this morning. I did fill it with diesel and go through the gears and then let it sit about a half hour. Started putting gear oil in and that was slow going also. I hope the engine oil is a little quicker.

Ed Kennell

I just zoomed in on the plow picture and I believe the angle lever is there laying along the pow frame.    No axle bracket is shown.    The scraper bar also looks to be in good condition.

The axle bracket

IMG_4564.JPG.0ddb9c28425a4a2e65ca18c817ee8c90.JPG

• Like 4

gwest_ca

We don't have the 1990 owner manual but this one should be the same

Garry

• Like 1

tntatro

Does anyone know if that plow could fit in a Kia Sole? Last time I took my truck out of town it broke down three hours from home. He said the blade is 4' wide. Do they come apart fairly easy?

Daddy Don

yes the blade will come apart the frame is the longest part. It does not come apart

tntatro
10 minutes ago, Daddy Don said:

yes the blade will come apart the frame is the longest part. It does not come apart

Okay, thanks. Any idea about how long the frame is?

I just measured my car and it appears as though the frame would have to be 7' or more to make it hard to fit. Thanks for the help.

Edited by tntatro

Ed Kennell

Without measuring, I don't think any plow frame is over 6' long.

• Like 2

mrc

hello tntatro, when you drain the tranny fluid you should raise the front of the tractor a good amount. i use a floor jack for this. there is a rib in the tranny and some fluid gets trapped in front of this rib.  you would be surprised how much fluid gets left behind. hope this helps and good luck with your plow search.  mike in mass.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Just measured the plow frame on my 312 = 66".   So you should have no problems fitting it in the  Kia.

The blade is easily removed by pulling the hairpin clips and the two 1/2" rods that fasten the blade to the frame.

• Like 3

tntatro

I ended up backing out of the sale for the plow. My check engine light on my car recently came on and I really didn't want to risk breaking down again. I don't think it's serious though, I unhooked the battery to reset it and the light went off and hasn't come back on yet. Before that I took it to the auto parts store to have them check it out but the port didn't work where they plug the gadget in. They said I must have a blown fuse.

I got another offer for a plow blade and snow blower for $150 and I'd rather take that offer. He said the blade has the bracket also. I just have to get my truck repaired first.

I have a question about the parking brake on the C-160. I replaced the brake lining and it works great but I can't seem to adjust it so the parking brake will engage. If I back the nut off so it will lock in then the brake doesn't grab well enough. Anyone know a solution?

gwest_ca

Brake adjustment is in section 5 on page 5-2. This manual has a lot of info that is appropriate for many models and years.

On the check engine light try oiling the O-ring on the gas cap. The fuel dries them out and then they don't want to seal in the filler pipe.

Garry

• Like 1