Spokane Dave

What did you NAME your --- WHEEL HORSE ??

953 nut
On 12/17/2017 at 8:09 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

@953 nut

Famous race horses like, “Man-O-War”, Ruffian, Red Rum, War Admiral, Citation, Barbaro would be cool if the name fit the tractor.  

Famous movie horses would also work like: Trigger,  Champion, Loco, Silver, BlackJack.  

Descriptive terms: Leaky, Rusty, Ole Faithful, Fireball, Obstinate, etc

There are lots of things that could be used, it’s just picking something and using it.  It is especially handy when you own multiples of one model of tractor like a 953 let’s say!:D

@Retierd Wrencher I Will! Thanks

Wonderful suggestions, but it would get confusing because so many of mine are rusty.      :ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Skipper
On 15/12/2017 at 5:55 AM, Spokane Dave said:

:greetings-wavegreen:  Hello. . . All   :greetings-wavegreen:

Did not see a similar thread, so I thought this might be a fun / Humorous thread for some creative input

While completing a recent restoration on a 1961 Suburban (:bow-blue: my first wheel Horse) I got to thinking :confusion-confused: . . . . I do that occasionally  :hilarious:

People Name their Horses - Do you guys name your Wheel Horse's :scratchead::dunno::scratchead:

While admiring my restoration this evening . . . . .  I decided she needed a name, and "PURDY" The Wheel Horse called to me / came to mind. :dance:

I included  the fished pics and a couple before pictures  . . . . :text-woo: Sort of a Cinderella story for Old "Purdy" :hilarious:

SOOOOOOO . . . . Lets hear what you named YOUR Wheel Horse :huhs:  and Lets see some pictures     :text-coolphotos:    :text-woo:

If you haven't named your HORSE Maybe it is about dam time ya do, OR  :disgust:  if your struggling with a name :techie-eureka:  post up a few pictures and let the users :happy-jumpeveryone:  help ya Name it :beer:

I would Like to now introduce you to "PURDY" my Wheel Horse . . . .

:popcorn: . . . . Let the fun begun . . . .  :popcorn:

IMG_3820.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3249.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

She sure is Purdy, but didn't she get her shoes on wrong? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Spokane Dave
39 minutes ago, Skipper said:

She sure is Purdy, but didn't she get her shoes on wrong? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

:roll::bow-yellow:  That was brought to my attention over in the restoration thread  :handgestures-thumbup:

Looks like this thread was a good idea :party: Some great names, and great pictures :dance: 

:text-bump: Keep them coming

• Like 4

PeacemakerJack
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Wonderful suggestions, but it would get confusing because so many of mine are rusty.      :ROTF:

I actually put “Fireball” in there for the one you have with the flames on it...:happy-partydance:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

I actually put “Fireball” in there for the one you have with the flames on it...:happy-partydance:

My wife once referred to it as a "Flamer". I explained to her what a flamer was and assured her that none of my :wh: were that way!     :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Aldon said:

GT22-8 will likely carry the moniker Samson. But I am waiting to make sure it’s worthy of the name once it’s finished.

Having seen it in action. .. I can assure you it IS worthy... finished or not....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Turftech

Great Thread!

Mine were named out of desperation. Everyone said they all look alike, although they really don't. At least I don't think so.

So here goes. Three 520H: Standish, Carmel, Arundel. 516H: Canaan, Livermore. 312-8: Biddeford.

As you may have guessed each one is named for the town or city in Maine they came from.

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Wow @Turftech I was going to welcome you to the forum but I quick checked your profile and realized that you have been a member a year longer than me!!!! Do you keep an eye on the forum?  You certainly have a herd of :wh:‘s and some great names to boot!  Don’t be a stranger here. I for one would like to see some:text-coolphotos: of your tractors sometime!

• Like 2

Turftech

Peacemaker-Jack, As soon as we get a sunny day I'll round up the heard, and if they will stand still long enough pictures will be posted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:CAN’T Wait!!!

the genius of your names is that you won’t forget the cities where you bought them and some of them are really fun to say like Standish and Livermore:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JimmyJam

Mine is "Princess" . 1974 B-80. Hates the snow...She is more of a green grass mower and stays indoors in the winter.

med_gallery_8802_470_20383.jpg.087ca60c1c97bfdeedbfa084aae0d375.jpg

Now on the other hand... "Thor"  (pics to follow) , My Electro 12 mutt is a winter beast !!!!! Plows.... Snow blows .... & gets 'er done!!!!

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Like 3

PeacemakerJack

Then why do you have her out in such “foul weather”? :crying-yellow:She doesn’t look too happy!:angry-nono:

Nice looking tractor. Thanks for sharing!:D

• Thanks 1

JimmyJam

So true PeacemakerJackI had "Princess" out for my monthly fire-up-&-run. She hated it!!!!!  :o:o:occasion-xmas:

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Haha 1

JimmyJam
On 12/15/2017 at 9:39 PM, Tankman said:

Forgot the Horse’s name.

Roy_Rogers.jpg.ed0195d3fbaac4f34e65c2cfc5118a7e.jpg

"Trigger" , I believe was the horse's name.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Turftech said:

Great Thread!

Mine were named out of desperation. Everyone said they all look alike, although they really don't. At least I don't think so.

So here goes. Three 520H: Standish, Carmel, Arundel. 516H: Canaan, Livermore. 312-8: Biddeford.

As you may have guessed each one is named for the town or city in Maine they came from.

A fellow Maine-ah!

Nice herd... and idea for naming them.

Hey, anyone who says they all look alike just doesn't "get it".

Looking forward to seeing :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

19richie66

I couldn't name all mine where I got them. 6 would be named "Dad's house" :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

chip61

I call mine various names depending on their attitude!!! Some days the names aren't very nice.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tankman

Grandson, little guy, named his Horse, “Stallion”.

Of course he loves his "Mustang" too!

Christian_WH_73.jpg.1ef616b1cbd6a39bc3bb2b4a6308c202.jpg

Mustang.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

Turftech

Caught the sun yesterday and here are some pictures.

#1 group shot,  #2 Standish, Carmel & Arundel,  #3 Canaan, & Livermore,  #4 Biddeford.

Enjoy! 

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

PeacemakerJack

This is great! :text-goodpost:  the first set of tractors make me think I’m outside a dealership 25 years ago:text-coolphotos:. However, HAVE TO KNOW the story behind this one...

1 hour ago, Turftech said:

#4 Biddeford.

Enjoy! 

IMG_1056.JPG

:popcorn:

• Like 1

Spokane Dave

:text-+1::popcorn: Someone likes Purple

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
5 hours ago, Turftech said:

here are some pictures.

I like those pole mounted headlights and yellow beacon light, great idea.         :handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_1052.JPG.6e75c94cb761d0d4aa63691ac2d247b5.JPG

• Like 3

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I like those pole mounted headlights and yellow beacon light, great idea.         :handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_1052.JPG.6e75c94cb761d0d4aa63691ac2d247b5.JPG

ME too!

I'd like pics of that set-up...:text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

TonyToro

Great Thread! You guys have much more creativity than me. 

My sons Raider 12 pulling tractor is "Good Ole Rusty"

and we are still undecided about my father inlaws GT-110 but leaning towards "Tetanus Shot" lol or " Parts-n-Farts" lol

IMG_2647.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1