JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Decmber 7th, Pearl Harbor, NEVER FORGET

WHX??

Wasn't for 953 nut I might have not remembered ... shame on me. :angry-nono:

• Thanks 2

JC 1965

God bless all those who died on that tragic day. Today is my daughter's birthday but I would remember Pearl Harbor anyway. I grew up hearing about it all the time. My uncle died in WW 2 as a result of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

One of the great experiences of my life was taking part in the 74th memorial service held on the dock right across from where the Mighty Mo’ is docked and where the Arizona rests.  My cousin a Naval SOCOM operator was stationed there and we were able to visit him. He got us into the memorial service. Three rows in front of me was one of the survivors of the Arizona.  There was a patriotic spirit about him that I will never forget as long as I live.  I can’t even begin to comprehend the images going through his mind as he stood at that fateful spot 74 years after going through a living hell where so many of his fellow seaman lost their lives.  I tell you what, at 90 plus years old, HE DIDNT HAVE A PROBLEM STANDING WHEN HIS NATIONAL ANTHEM WAS PLAYED!  Pardon me while I wipe the tears from my eyes because I never want to erase that image from my minds eye. Ironically, if you told him he is a hero, he would be quick to deny it, point to the Arizona and say that there lies the real hero’s!  

Our servicemen are all hero’s to me-alive or decessed. Thank you for your service and let us never forget this hallowed day!

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

JoeM

Amen Glenn!

• Like 1