Sign in to follow this  
Petes Horse

Found some rear lights for my D160

Petes Horse

I've been looking for a while. The bolt holes just line up and the wire is a little tight between the fender and light. No drilling though.

They were at Rural King. I think about three bucks each. Optronics MC42RS RED  Marker/Clearance.

Tail lights.JPG

Tail light on.JPG

Tail lights lit.JPG

• Like 5

Sarge

I'd suggest soldering a separate ground wire to one of the grounding straps in those lamps - they will corrode around the rivets and lose the ground in pretty short order from humidity  . Scrape a small area , apply some flux and have at it with a good hot iron , but do it quickly to avoid melting the housing .

Sarge

Pollack Pete

Nice lights.I've been buying similar looking LED's on that popular inter-net auction site.

Sarge

I've replaced the missing lamps on the D-180 with led units from a local trailer supply - they are nice and bright . The hard ones are the small recessed lamps on the front side of the rear fenders - I have yet to find an aftermarket replacement and may just use a generic surface mount lamp instead . I work a lot at night with my tractors - especially in the winter and prefer not to get hit again by a car in the dark , the lights on the front of the tractor were on but the driver didn't realize the distance to what was making that area light up . Didn't get hurt and the tractor just got one bent rear wheel but I'd rather not do that again . Plan to build an overhead bar and add my flood lamps there , along with flashing safety lamps to the D for night work .

Sarge

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• cbj75
      By cbj75
      I have a 1975 D200 Wheel Horse with front mount dozer blade, package includes Wheel Horse Dump Trailer, 48" belly mower side discharge, Wheel Horse front and rear wheel weights, turning brakes, rear PTO and 3-point to 2" receiver attachment, and Brinley twin disc harrow. Rear luggage/rack carrier, All refurbished, sandblasted and painted Ford red in 2016. Lots of extra Wheel Horse parts included.

Package price $3000.00.

Bryce Johnson
      102 Anglers PT
      Mc Cormick SC 29835
      913-638-6788

IMG_1962.HEIC IMG_1965.HEIC IMG_0279.HEIC

• Brandon Byers
      By Brandon Byers
      I know I'm half a year ahead of schedule! 

I picked this 1974 D-180 up early last year. It had a pretty hard life, and the previous owner gave his best attempt at keeping it alive. Hydro was strong so I serviced it and put it to work mowing all year. I decided if it would make it through the season then it would get some TLC. By fall it was burning about a quart of oil an hour but it made it. I have no clue how many hours are on it, every hole, bushing, bearing on this tractor is pooched. If you look closely, somebody used two 1" NPT Pipe Flanges to rebuild the mounting points for the upper 3 point cylinder. Hey it works!
      I rebuilt the steering gearbox and re-bushed the front axle along with making new spindles. 
      I had the 482 Kohler bored .20 over (it was .10 over already) and gave it a rebuild with the intention of putting it back to work on snow duty. 
      I then dawned on me that this tractor will be 50 years old next year - and these old D's are becoming harder and harder to find anymore. So I decided to customize it a bit and go for what a maybe a dealership would offer for a 50th anniversary model if Wheel Horse was still in business today (In another universe, maybe!) 

As D's aren't known for their looks - and I can't leave anything alone. I took approximately 2 Inches out of the grille and bezel. 
      I updated most of the wiring and lights. Gave it a new set of Carlisle Ags along with Vredestein front ribs. It got a new seat and I painted all the accents aluminum. 
      I patched, rebuilt the 48" deck and put new blades, wheels, and hardware on it. The Blade & 3 point scoop somebody adapted to it also got some attention.  
      Lastly I stripped it most of the way down and painted it with IH red acrylic urethane enamel. 
      I always forget to take pictures during my projects but here's a few: 

Before: 

After: 

Thanks for reading!!
    • Crazy Old Red Horse
      By Crazy Old Red Horse
      Barn find 1975 D180. 608 original hours. Tractor and 48” belly mower look to be still in their original paint. Rear 60” finish mower looks like it has had one coat of new paint added at some point. Open to trades. Please email me with any questions or for additional photos. 35 miles north of Pittsbugh.