ohiofarmer

What did they throw in your yard today?

rmaynard

Somebody must finish their morning cigarette right as they pass my mailbox, and toss it out the window. I don't smoke, my neighbors don't smoke, the mailman doesn't smoke, but there it is. I pick them up, and a week later I do it again.

• Sad 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk Did they throw the flash light out with the batteries.  Went to HF this AM to pick up a cheap LED light and a couple of other things. Followed a BMW into the lot . Passenger door opens and he/she throws out the trash from breakfast and keeps on going.

John2189

Found a 20 dollar bill about a year ago. Almost chopped it up with the mower 

8ntruck

The first house we owned was on a busy through street inside the city limits. 

For a while one summer, there was a motorcycle that would blow past every night about 11pm at 60 or 70mph.  The speed limit was 35.  I thought about enlisting a friend to stand across the street from me under a street light and mime pulling a rope tight across the road.  Fortunately, I filed that one in my 'funny to think about' file.

We had a mailbox on a post next to the street at that house.  The box was just sitting on a board that closely fit inside the flanges around the bottom of the box, retained by good old gravity.  Some smart alick figured out that my box was easily knocked off with something as they drove by.  After picking the box up 3 or 4 days one week, I nailed it securely to the post.  A couple days later, there was a broom handle or baseball size dent in the side of the box.  I replaced the mailbox and it was never knocked off again while we lived there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1