Big_Red_Fred

Mixed WH Feelings

Searcher60
17 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Here's my Anniversary 520H I bought new in 1998 when she still looked mostly new, Good luck with the new acquisition, Jeff.

100_0460.JPG

How can one tell the anniversary edition from one that is not? Your deck on that tractor I believe is no newer than a 96? Thanks.

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

That's Sweet ! Man those 520's have it all, some day, there is 1 like yours on here for sale, they want 2000.00, cant do right now, but if its there the end of Sept, its living here with the rest of the herd. @WVHillbilly520H

9 minutes ago, Searcher60 said:

@Searcher60, they say its the Gold Lettering i'm Told, The Tractor is the Next Year model & its lettered in Gold

How can one tell the anniversary edition from one that is not? Your deck on that tractor I believe is no newer than a 96? Thanks.

WVHillbilly520H
24 minutes ago, Searcher60 said:

1996 was the 50th anniversary of :wh:, and as @Big_Red_Fred said its the gold lettering, gold :wh: emblem on the hood between the headlights and on plastic wheel covers, also a 50th anniversary sticker on the fender pan, but my tractor by the model/serial numbers is actually of a 1997 manufacture that I bought in the spring of 1998 from a small dealer in my home state of WV, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170821-192103.png

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

There it is, @WVHillbilly520HIMG_03441.jpg.5b0242e8e90db03df5ffb622fc3b0a73.jpg

• Like 1

Searcher60

So, is your 97' an anniversary edition? Is that deck on it a 96 or 97 model? I also have a 97' 520 and love it. I have a 96' 312-8 too.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

The only thing I see missing is the wheel covers and PTO belt guard, amazingly it still has the grass chute attached to the deck, I like those thick running board mats over the earlier glue on ones and the thick soft grip steering wheel also, but all that is a matter of personal preference, Jeff.

• Like 2

Searcher60
Just now, WVHillbilly520H said:

The only thing I see missing is the wheel covers and PTO belt guard, amazingly it still has the grass chute attached to the deck, I like those thick running board mats over the earlier glue on ones and the thick soft grip steering wheel also, but all that is a matter of personal preference, Jeff.

I agree, that late model steering wheel is king. A used PTO cover costs like $85 bucks. 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, Searcher60 said:

So, is your 97' an anniversary edition? Is that deck on it a 96 or 97 model? I also have a 97' 520 and love it. I have a 96' 312-8 too.

Yes it's an Anniversary 520H, I haven't actually researched the model/serial # on the deck to verify year of manufacture, and yes this is the :wh: that got me into these red machines, Jeff.

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

Its gonna be quite the chore finding the wheel covers & shroud, maybe the Next Big Show will have them, the man who has the C175 emailed me & apologized for emailing me the way he did, the 175 is mine, just have to drive to NY, 4 hour ride 1 way, going Sunday, 2 :wh: in 2 Dayz, Whats a Man to do ? The Corral will be full tilt, need 2 more feed bags 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

Here's what the PTO cover looks like, and the wheel covers pop up on eBay every now and then, Jeff.

Screenshot_20170821-203406.png

Big_Red_Fred

They did use it, sum skuffs on seat pan, hood & deck, but sum good old fashioned elbow grease will make it shine, what size are the hub caps ? so i can keep my eyes peeled

The 486 can wait :happy-jumpeveryone:  its not going any where, no one wants it ! Figure that out, a collector piece:wh: ?:banana-rock:

WVHillbilly520H
24 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

, what size are the hub caps ? so i can keep my eyes peeled

8" front and 12"rears

Big_Red_Fred

I had to make a decision today, Braces for 2 Kids or a C175 & a 314-8 Gold ? I gave 1400.00 to Orthodontist this after, my stomach was fighting no Fred, the tractors ? My Heart said Fred give them their Braces and respect back. Family always comes 1st, Regardless, there will always be tractors, So any one wants a 314-8 Gold anniversary in Baltimore Md, Or a C175 , Both in great condition, let me know, ill give you the info needed, here's the kids last Saturday . 

IMG_03451.jpg

There dignity is very important

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

c-series don

Fred, I know the feeling. Just when I thought I might be able to get a 420 LSE, boom! Second kid in college. So for now my Wheel Horse money is going to Loyola University in Maryland!!! 

• Like 2

ACman

Family first . :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
38 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

I had to make a decision today, Braces for 2 Kids or a C175 & a 314-8 Gold ? I gave 1400.00 to Orthodontist this after, my stomach was fighting no Fred, the tractors ? My Heart said Fred give them their Braces and respect back. Family always comes 1st, Regardless, there will always be tractors, So any one wants a 314-8 Gold anniversary in Baltimore Md, Or a C175 , Both in great condition, let me know, ill give you the info needed, here's the kids last Saturday . 

IMG_03451.jpg

There dignity is very important

:thumbs:

Well done Man!

Big_Red_Fred

I'll be honest, i felt the Gold 314 leave my grasp, but 2 Distinguished Honor Role Students to have a great smile some day, i turned away but i still have our 7 tractors & theyre not going any where but the next Big Show & to see every one i chat with, The :wh: Family ! You all are #1 in my book

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ericj

you still need to clean that camera lens lol sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do family first that is why I'M having a fire sale myself , good luck

eric j

• Like 2

ACman

:text-yeahthat:... been thinking of having swap meet myself ....I didn't think I'd ever say that :blink: at least for awhile anyways!

• Like 2

DennisThornton

Of course you made the right decision, but "Man!"!  That must have been tough! 

Hopefully others here will rescue both and other deals will come up for you in time.

• Like 2