Red144runner

Wheelhorse Dozer

EricF

So far this year I've used the blade with mine to smooth over the edge of the front yard that serves as the shoulder of the street where the kids still living with us park their cars -- cleaned up the ruts made during the winter. Then moved some decorative day lilies away from the edge of the driveway and skimmed off the old mulch and soil that had piled up too high and re-graded the strip.

That's so far. Coming up, now that I've taken  down an above-ground pool, I've got to scrape up the sand and some of the compacted soil that was underneath it. That gets moved as fill in a sink hole where a tree used to be and the roots decayed and caved in, then I can put down some loam and grade it over, then re-grade where the pool was too. And the flower beds around the house need to be re-done, and there's a bunch of scrub brush and sumac in the back yard that's actually growing on top of some fill left behind when the house was built that can be pulled out and the fill re-used in a couple of spots...  The blade is really coming in handy and I'm just using it for earth work. (For snow in winter, I've got the 2-stage snowthrower.) So far, I haven't had to put the wheel weights on for the light work. I expect I'll need them when I deal with the more compacted stuff that was under the pool, although the soil here is sandy and breaks up pretty easily. The 520 will definitely earn its keep as a work Horse!

The nice part about using the tractor is that it's got the muscle to move material, but it won't tear up the lawn around the project like a skid steer or anything with crawler tracks will. Might not be as fast, but slow and careful gets the work done without making another mess... and another project. :thumbs2:

• Like 3

Blasterdad

Used the C-141 for grading my carport project this spring. :wh:'s move dirt well.

5934009f56bdc_workhorse003.JPG.496f496ff428a2db94dbde07e70a750b.JPG

5934017300f59_workhorse001.JPG.2e56a5a2cdf693d2d6173f892470854e.JPG

• Like 6

BaySide1

I moved three yards of trap rock for my new shed back in April.

Not even a challenge. About 7 minutes of work.

(Worcester, MA)

20170411_145541.jpg

My new workshop

20170427_172811.jpg

• Like 4

Red144runner

Nice work with the tractors! The next project for mine is dragging a chain cultivator across the "lawn". I'm a grounds guy and my new house is great, the land is terrible. The development was done in a former sand pit. Houses are beautiful, good sized lots but 2" of top soil on native sand makes growing difficult and the fact that the seed was a annual blend. Comes up beautiful the first year. I couldn't believe how easy it moved the stone

Digger 66

:D

Untitled_zps4d2amdjk.png

• Like 2

Tankman

Moved three dump loads of blacktop millings. Was easy enough, 48" dozers, 416-8 Horse.

Then pulled a 4-ft water filled roller, Horses loved the wo...wo...WORK!

The Stallions think work is playtime! :ROTF:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2

Red144runner
1 hour ago, Digger 66 said:

:D

Untitled_zps4d2amdjk.png

My shed came!

• Like 2

JPWH
4 minutes ago, Red144runner said:

My shed came!

Looks like you.have been evicted before you got moved on. lol You may as well order more gravel.

• Like 1

Red144runner
21 minutes ago, JPWH said:

Looks like you.have been evicted before you got moved on. lol You may as well order more gravel.

At least it's cheap. Cost me $37 for just over 2 yards picked up

• Like 2