csvt99

Upgrade Suggestions?

Sarge

Slopes like that will kill a splash lube engine in short order . Kohler limits the K-series singles to 25* and in my opinion 20* is nearly too much . I run mine just a tad overfilled on the stick due to a ditch line and haven't had an issue so far but prefer to do that with a pressurized 22hp Briggs on a green thing I have inherited . The rest of the property is too rough and the heavier old Horse handles that much better without beating up what's left of my spine , which isn't much anymore . On the slopes pictured previously , that would take some serious wheel weights to prevent wheel slip and a good open mole hole could also tip over a tractor easily - you need the lowest center of gravity possible for stuff like that , up and down or across the slope . Even the smaller SCUT tractors will still have a fairly high center - that could result in a bad day .

Sarge

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
4 hours ago, Sarge said:

On the slopes pictured previously , that would take some serious wheel weights to prevent wheel slip and a good open mole hole could also tip over a tractor easily - you need the lowest center of gravity possible for stuff like that , up and down or across the slope . Even the smaller SCUT tractors will still have a fairly high center - that could result in a bad day .

Sarge

I have 5 gals +/- fluid plus 75# weights on AG tires with the  Onan powered520H, as for my eMax is actually quite wide and low one of the biggest reasons I bought it here's a shot comparing it to an xi series with the 60" cut deck , Jeff.

IMAG2968.jpg

IMAG2685.jpg

• Like 2

Jim Turner
On 5/7/2017 at 10:37 PM, roadapples said:

All good advice...I too am partial to the C160...  If one of these don`t work out I`m sure you can make a good deal at the Big Show next month, and plenty of good people to help with questions and suggestions...hope to see you there..

Please show me your foot motion control.

roadapples

Sorry, not me. Try @Ed Kennell...

AHS
On 5/9/2017 at 9:28 PM, csvt99 said:

Thank you for this helpful information. It sounds like I need to rethink my plan. Perhaps I will stay with the kubota for now and just use the 877 on the flat for trimming since the kubota has a 60" deck. Is there a motor or model that would be okay on slopes? I love how my 877 has better traction on the slopes than my 4x4 kubota.

I love all my WH machines better my Fathers Massey Ferguson. MF for size wise VS my Wheelhorse ... yes. Massey Ferguson (w/diff lock) vs Wheelhorse against traction...no. Again..I can position my Wheelhorse different than the MF to regain traction no problem!

Ed Kennell
14 hours ago, Jim Turner said:

Please show me your foot motion control.

102_2471.JPG.d6c0537cc4728add57d8f2190ab4af91.JPG

102_1800.JPG.97eb7b1190f52196683254312fed5fe8.JPG

• Like 3

Jim Turner
On 1/29/2021 at 6:54 AM, Ed Kennell said:

102_2471.JPG.d6c0537cc4728add57d8f2190ab4af91.JPG

102_1800.JPG.97eb7b1190f52196683254312fed5fe8.JPG

Very cool, thank you!

I would like to figure out a way to do it like Bolens did on their machines. I might be wrong but I don't think they have to maintain pressure to keep it going in one direction or another. But I need to verify that.

RandyLittrell
On 5/9/2017 at 7:50 AM, Sarge said:

The holy grail to me would be an engine swap to a later model K-341 on a 1277 - make yourself a 1677 and also use the later model hydro unit for the rear axle ....!!!

Me too Sarge! I hope to swap my loader onto something else and do just that! Maybe K321 since I have one though! 

Randy

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
On 5/9/2017 at 7:50 AM, Sarge said:

The holy grail to me would be an engine swap to a later model K-341 on a 1277 - make yourself a 1677 and also use the later model hydro unit for the rear axle ....!!!

Me too Sarge! I hope to swap my loader onto something else and do just that! Maybe K321 since I have one though! 

Randy