JayB

Kohler HP rating

JayB

My 1277 tractor has a Kohler engine but the ID tags are missing.  Any idea how to determine what HP this is?  Also what is the spark plug gap setting?

953 nut

:WRS:        The 1277 would be a 12 HP and the plug gap is .035.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

The original engine numbers are listed on the Details page here

Garry

JayB

Thanks guys.  Very helpful.  Next I will post a question on my Sickle bar.  I have one complete and one that is about 3/4 complete.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PWL216
      By PWL216
      Hi all. I have a 1277 that I pulled a loader off of. I’m not going to use the tractor and although it’s trashy, there may be usable parts on there that someone needs. Let me know what you need and I’ll see if I have it. 

I’m in MA and plan on going (first time) to the Big Show. Also, if you need something from the MA area brought to the show, I’m your huckleberry
    • Bostman67
      By Bostman67
      1967 Wheel Horse 1277 - Kohler K301S, gas engine, belt driven, hydrostatic. I had it running recently but then attempted some electrical work. I also cleaned it up by sanding some rust, dirt and grime off body and engine. Some new parts were added like a new choke cable, ignition switch, head lights, spark plug, battery and battery cables. I have new seat and some other parts that I will never use if sold. The implements include a tiller, snow thrower, mower deck. I've never attached these items. I have some belts and pulleys that came with it when I inherited it. It's easily accessible for removal and showing. 
      IMG_1727.MOV

• CB1993
      By CB1993
      Hello. I just purchased a 1277 today and was wondering if there was any info on the mower deck. Is there a manual for this deck? What kind of belt is used? I have attached some pics. Thanks for any input. 

• WHX??
      By WHX??
      @Achto and I took a little ride to title town this weekend to pick up this pair. Pretty much gave the seller asking price for the 1277 and he threw in the 1077. Both are far from pristine with the usual PO wonderments! Very savable tho. Both run and drive.

• Furious
      By Furious
      First Wheel Horse...a 1277. Picked it up for $400 with the plow. The guy couldn't get it to keep running after squirting starting fluid in the carb. Took her home, cleaned the carb, took the flywheel off and cleaned the magneto, put in a new set of points and she runs like a dream.  Now I have a dilemma though. I can pick up an Electro 12 for $350, but the engine isn't running and the electrical system has been completely messed up. The tractor itself is in good shape and comes with a deck. Seem like a good price?  Any thoughts? I can only keep one, so if I get the electro, I'll build one good tractor out of two. Here's some pics of the 1277.