Gunny

WH Pop-Quiz

Gunny

All,

Any idea what tractor these back wheels came on?  I am thinking mid 60's, isn't that the timeframe WH went to the wider wheel?.   Hood very close to an 857, has 3 speed tranny, and the wheels pictured below.  The tractor is in pieces, no markings that we can find.

Hopefully will be able to pull some numbers off the tranny this next week.  A friend was given the tractor, in pieces.  No Motor. 

This should prove to be entertaining, thought provoking, and of course......need more info.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:huhs:

Gunny

IMG_4673.jpg

bmsgaffer

We will probably need pics of more parts than just the wheels... these guys are good, but theres only so much they can do... :)

stevasaurus

Hi Gunny!!  :occasion-xmas:  The bottom front tire is not Wheel Horse.  The top front tire looks like it could be.  The snow tires are round hood, not short frame square hood...  You are correct that the wider tires are like 1965/1966/1967.  I'm guessing the rear tires are 1962/1963/1964.  The transmission will give you a casting number, but that is only worth something if the date is later then 1964.  I'm thinking you have one of those Black Gold, Texas Tea, Ted Kruse horses.  This wasn't featured in a George Bush painting, was it??  :banana-linedance:

• Like 1

rj35hunter

It could even be a short frame square hood low HP engine tractor like a 656, 606, 657, 607, 1968 500 Special, Commando 6, etc etc, that came with the skinnier tires. This is my 500 Special that's all original and has the exact same back tires and probably fronts too.....

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

• Like 3

953 nut

@rj35hunter:text-offtopic:   What can you tell us about the green color on the RJ hood, I have a RJ-35 that is the same color.

rj35hunter

That is a 55 RJ35 only hood that was on a rough RJ58 in a lawnmower junk yard, so I saved the whole thing to salvage the 1955 stuff off it for future project etc....someone painted the whole thing green at one time.....not correct at all.

IMG_1257.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

• Like 3

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, rj35hunter said:

That is a 55 RJ35 only hood that was on a rough RJ58 in a lawnmower junk yard, so I saved the whole thing to salvage the 1955 stuff off it for future project etc....someone painted the whole thing green at one time.....not correct at all.

IMG_1257.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

Somebody figured out AGs are worthless backing up.. Smart guy!!!

• Like 3

Gunny

Thanks all.  From what I can read from info I have, the Slim Rear wheels went out about the same time the "square" hood came in.  Sorry for not having more info on here, will have some more info in April when I can actually have my buddy pull all the parts out in the daylight.  I do know it is a short frame.  He wants to bring it back to life, and I want some painting done.  I agreed to help him with a K181 and extra parts I have, and he will paint my 857 and C120.  He has a nice collection of big JD's, and does awesome work.

Steve,

Ted don't know horses, but next time I speak with G.W I will ask him, maybe he would include one!