JAinVA

520h followed me home

Jim how you find them that cheap? Great find I have 3 and love them best of the classics IMO, haven't had any real experience on the 5xi's yet, and I'm kinda spoiled with hydraulic lift vs manual lift, hope you keep it going many more years,Jeff.

• Like 1

Jeff,

This one was in the state less than 150 miles round trip.It was listed in Craigs list.It is not running at present but the deck is in great shape with no rust and good blades.The front end is tight and overall I'm happy with what I dragged home.This is the third one for me and is in better overall shape than the others.I work them and let others collect.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, JAinVA said:

$350

:auto-layrubber:did you see any flashing lights when you drove home :ychain:

• Like 2

Believe it or not the owner was happy to see it go.This guy is a Toro dealer.I asked and this was a trade in on a new Zero turn.The place was full of Z turns and this looked like a dinosaur among them.He told me had got it running but it had some electrical issues.Surprise surprise.They are where you find them.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

Must've been wearing a mask...  :ph34r:

when you picked that one up. 

Congrats on another great :wh: score.

• Like 4

Nice looking 520-H.I have 4 or 5 of them myself.Like I've written here before,I love those Onan twins.Lot of folks here don't,but I do.Use a lot of gas?? Who cares.That's the least of my problems.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 2

Great Horse. You stole it at that price! :ROTF:

After a quick shower that Stallion'll be smiling!

• Like 2

Jim, my buddy and I were down your way yesterday and snagged a well kept 416-8 with a Kohler magnum. Right outta your back yard...Urbana. Oh yeah, $100. Came with a 48" deck too. $100. :D

• Like 5

With all this talk of 520-Hs lately and the numerous threads currently on them, I went out yesterday to the garage and started my 1995 520-H.  It started right up with no problem.  But, then I went out and bladed the gravel in the driveway with the '88 416-8 and my Brinly box blade.  Life is good when you get a decent day, a couple of hours of "ME" time and running, working tractors with implements. :wh: :rs:

13 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

Jim, my buddy and I were down your way yesterday and snagged a well kept 416-8 with a Kohler magnum. Right outta your back yard...Urbana. Oh yeah, $100. Came with a 48" deck too. $100. :D

I also have a 416-8 with a Kohler Magnum with over 3600 hours on the meter.  See my comment earlier in this post about using it to blade the driveway.  At $100, you stole yours.......

• Like 8

Paul,

I  guess I need to stay around the house more.Urbana is right up the road.You should have been wearing the mask! $100 is a steal! Nice score.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, oldredrider said:

Pictures.......pictures.....pictures.

• Like 1

Just to rub it in Paul sent me a picture of the one that he scored just next door.Just kidding,he's a nice guy and I'm glad he got it.JAinVA

20170204_150239.jpg

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2

Jim and Paul-I don't know how I missed both of those! I must have been asleep at the wheel!! :huh: 

Chip

• Like 1

Chip, ya gotta get up pretty early in the morning and don't tell ANYBODY what you're doing! It's Horse thieving, only if you're caught. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

LOL glad you got down and back without getting caught. Looks like a nice tractor.

@JAinVA Jim are you trying to get a 520 for each acre you own ?:ROTF: When you visited me you did not have any now you have 3. But I still have the pile of chairs and still catching H * * * about the yard. O well gives her something to talk about.

• Like 1

Jim,

When I visited you I did have one 520h.Its the one I call big ugly,and you can see it in my avatar.I have posted some other photos of it without its hood attached.I have way more of these than I really need but I know what the parts bring.As long as I can get them cheap then they are like the lawn chairs.Hard to say no to.Maybe I'll see you in PA.Luck,JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA

Glad to see you got it and that they got it running.  My wife is glad it's off Craigslist I am sure since she claims I don't need another. 

On 2/6/2017 at 9:15 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@JAinVA Jim are you trying to get a 520 for each acre you own ?:ROTF: When you visited me you did not have any now you have 3. But I still have the pile of chairs and still catching H * * * about the yard. O well gives her something to talk about.

I have 2 acres and 4 520's so you need at least 2 per acre.:wh:

9 hours ago, cleat said:

I have 2 acres and 4 520's so you need at least 2 per acre.:wh:

Cleat, I like your logic. I guess I need one more 5xi then.  :D