oliver2-44

Lets hear how cold your are!

wheelhorseman
32 minutes ago, WHX9 said:

You MN turkeys are sending it my way....:rant2:....-11 here now and dropping fast...wind chill of -30

We have the fans on high pointed east!:text-lol:

• Like 7

Shynon
1 minute ago, wheelhorseman1000 said:

:ychain:

• Like 5

JimD

Currently 24 with several inches of snow still on the ground. Will drop to 1 overnight tonight.

• Like 1

T-Mo
1 hour ago, wheelhorseman1000 said:

But why point the fans south?  I can understand wanting Iowa to get cold, but why Missouri?

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Jim, Chicago land is in for a very cold...below zero day and night.  Wind chills around -20.  I've got 3" of snow from last night to move, but I hate to get an old horse out in this weather.  Might wait until tomorrow...supposed to warm up a  little.  :)

• Like 4

gt4

I would lose my mind if i lived where it was warm all year round. Been plowing snow and loading dump trucks with the case 921E loader to haul it away.12 to 14 hrs every day for the past 7 days.All caught up now, and tonight it's supposed to start a cold snap. I LOVE IT!! And then come home and start plowing myself out and neighbors with the wheelhorse. Life with snow and bitter cold is great!👌👍

• Like 1

953 nut

Friday morning it was 19, this morning was 61, now is 42 and if predicted to be 30 by sundown, you can turn off the fans in MN any time now!  :ychain:

• Like 3

slammer302

I'm with T-Mo very cold in MO. I was out in it all last night and power was out for a few hours. Very stressful when you're the guy who keeps the city's water & sewer going.

• Like 3

wheelhorseman
55 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

But why point the fans south?  I can understand wanting Iowa to get cold, but why Missouri?

We have them pointed east, we like to share with @WHX9 in (WI):handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

DougC
3 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Hey now.... No fair pickin on Iowa, At 5:30am it was -10F then the temps. skyrocketed to -4 by noon..... And I live just a few miles north of the Mo boarder....

Your turn now!    :lol:

• Like 1

Shynon
3 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Might wait until tomorrow...supposed to warm up a  little.  :)

What you don't have any socks:ychain::teasing-poke::hide:

• Like 4

can whlvr

-16 celcius here now,without wind chill,we have about 12-14 inches of snow,we got more this week then all of last year

• Like 3

wheelhorseman
5 hours ago, Shynon said:

What you don't have any socks:ychain::teasing-poke::hide:

:text-yeahthat:  :ROTF:

• Like 2

oliver2-44

21 degrees and 12 mph breeze. Not sure what that makes the wind chill. But it way to cold for me in Texas. 

But looking on the bright side, lots of mosquitos and bugs have finally met there end

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack
24 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

21 degrees and 12 mph breeze. Not sure what that makes the wind chill. But it way to cold for me in Texas. 

But looking on the bright side, lots of mosquitos and bugs have finally met there end

That combo would probably put you in that 3-5 degree range felt temperature!  "That's  Brisk!"  Warmer temps are on their way:greetings-clappingyellow: though

r356c

Christmas shopping in shirtsleeves. It ain't right I tell ya! :lol:  Low to mid 80's mostly.

A little rain from a mild cool front this evening. Humid! Still running the air conditioner. :occasion-snowman:

Prepped a few beds with some spent commercial mushroom compost a month ago and have kept it moist to let it mellow.

Gardening in beach sand requires soil amendments.

I'll bet no frost days this year. Direct seeding to commence in a week or two. :dance:

Fun Engineer

22 this morning but we expect a warming trend later in the week to about 35. 

Hasn't snowed in over 24 hours 😩

ohiofarmer

Welcome to sunny Ohio! 18 degrees and heading to 35 this afternoon. Never did take that motorcycle ride because of an ice storm and now salt on the roads...

I made a hip roof frame on the ground and cut sheeting on the ground.12 feet X 16 feet  Tore it back down and assembled it about 30 feet in the air as a sort of cap on top of a failing flat rubber roof. Got all the soffets and trim on from custom bent metal. I tarped it really well every night so there are no issues with leaking. Will show pictures later.

Been off it for at least a week with the zero temp wind chills and single digit temps. frost on the kick boards is not very desirable. Knocked off some of the ice from the ice storm off yesterday so the sun could work its magic on the roof below where I have to stand on the previously frozen kick boards. I was able to get on the ladder to the South and West sides, But the other sides with heavy ice were too dangerous as the edge of the roof is 20 feet off the ground. All I can tell you is that it is possible to ascend an aluminum ladder on frozen rungs with a quarter inch of ice on them...

Wish me luck.......

I am still alive and did not fall off the roof. I got the snowy side of the roof cleared off and just kept carrying the sheeting from the high lift to the stationary roof ladder and then slid it under the tarped roof frame. I will load the other half of the sheeting in the morning and carry it from one place to the other and then , hopefully nail it down with the cordless nail gun. I hope the thing fires off OK as it is powered by a battery-spark and propane gas. I am 64 years old and thought nothing of this type of work before the [successful] Chemo sessions. But life is good and work tempers the spirit. It should be a good day tomorrow with a high of 40. Maybe the frozen rain and snow will finally melt off the north side

Edited by ohiofarmer
finish the story

CasualObserver

I live not too far from Lowell @wheelhorseman1000 and Tom @Shynon. I bottomed out over here at -27 Sunday morning. Just checked now... barely over 48 hours later and it is over 60 degrees warmer than it was Sunday morning. Nearly a +70 degree difference in the wind chill!

Screenshot_2016-12-18-08-23-39.pngScreenshot_2016-12-20-10-24-33.png

• Like 3

WHX??

I had 40 here today ...had a nice little melt goin!