BrianK

New whipper-snapper to the forum.

BrianK
On 12/14/2016 at 6:58 AM, T-Mo said:

:WRS:

Welcome, Brian.  I see you're in Somonauk, Illinois.  I was an Army recruiter in that area back in the 80s.  I was stationed in Dekalb and Somonauk was one of our recruiting areas.  We had Somonauk, Sandwich, Waterman, Shabbona, and other small towns to our south, and to our north, we had Malta, Sycamore, Genoa, Kingston, Kirkland.  We also had Kaneville, Maple Park, Sugar Grove, Elburn.  That is a nice area, but I bet there have been some changes in the last 30 plus years since I recruited in that area.

Hey T, and thank you!  Yes sir, been in this area going on 20 or so years. I can definitely say all the towns you listed are my neck of the woods nowadays. You are right though, many many changes. You would be shocked.  The Chicago burbs have slowly creeped their way out to us quiet towns and are causin a ruckus. :(   

Its funny, you being in Bonne Terre, my grandparents lived in the hills of Festus probably what, 30 minutes from ya? I miss that area dearly. I also have a younger sister in college at Cape Girardeau. 

• Like 1

roadapples

This thread sure is getting a lot of mileage for an introduction...:ychain:            :WRS:

• Like 1

BrianK
23 minutes ago, roadapples said:

This thread sure is getting a lot of mileage for an introduction...:ychain:            :WRS:

Haha thank you sir! It sure is, what an awesome forum!

• Like 1

T-Mo
9 hours ago, BrianK said:

Hey T, and thank you!  Yes sir, been in this area going on 20 or so years. I can definitely say all the towns you listed are my neck of the woods nowadays. You are right though, many many changes. You would be shocked.  The Chicago burbs have slowly creeped their way out to us quiet towns and are causin a ruckus. :(   

Its funny, you being in Bonne Terre, my grandparents lived in the hills of Festus probably what, 30 minutes from ya? I miss that area dearly. I also have a younger sister in college at Cape Girardeau. 

Festus is just to the north of us, and you're right about 30 minutes from me.  It's a small world, ain't it?

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:and good luck with the project.  Lots of help here.

Jim

• Like 1

BrianK
50 minutes ago, jay bee said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:and good luck with the project.  Lots of help here.

Jim

Thank you, Jim! I'm in the thick of it now. I'll be posting pics and a progress update in my thread over in the trans section tomorrow. 👍🏻

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PMeadows
      By PMeadows
      Thinking about selling my 1974 C-160 and hoping to get a feel for interest. It has working hydraulics, front plow, single row rear plow, 42" belly mower deck, 55lb wheel weights. Runs fantastic, no smoke. Lights work, amp meter works, has plug in cigarette lighter (doesn't work). Left rear wheel cylinder has slow leak.

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      The C-160 just wasn't running right. Started with new points, plug, filters. 
      I had put an aftermarket carb on it but had found a good Carter N in the correct size so I rebuilt it.
      Got it started this afternoon and had it running at about half speed to warm it up so I could make the final adjustment to the carb.
      It purred along for about 4 minutes and just quit.
      First thought was "out of gas".  Looked in the tank and sure enough it was really low so I filled it up.
      Tried to start it again .....NOTHING
      Went and rechecked everything ....NOPE
      Got out the can of starting fluid...NOPE
      Pulled the plug and noticed the gap was ZERO.  Re-gapped and tried again.  Same thing again no gap.
      Pulled the head.  Looked normal.
      When I cycled the engine I noticed that the exhaust valve didn't fully retract.
      Was able to remove the exhaust valve with two fingers!!!!!
      Guess I am in the market for a new set of keepers and a few gaskets.
      The guys at McHenry's Small Engine Love Me

• tractorman99
      By tractorman99
      Hi everyone,

I bought a wheel-horse c-160 a while back, and did some work with it.
      One day the rear axle housing broke:

I was thinking about changing the part or soldering the broken pieces.
      Does anyone know where to order this part? Or has any idea of the potential cost of a soldering job?
      Thank you in advance!

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      Picked up this C-160 a couple of weeks ago from Joe out in SW PA.  It had been on the Classified page for a while so I went out for a look.  Got her home and got a new battery, new plug, new plug wire and some fresh gas.  She purrs like a BIG kitten!  Drove her around the yard a few times and put her on the lift.  Got some of the parts I am going to need at the BS and some more from Jay in GA.  Wife told me I have to finish the all the trim work in her "home theatre" in the basement so......... I do get a few hours in.  After all, "Ya gotta let the finish dry between coats"

• Mike_W
      By Mike_W
      Been looking for a C-160 Auto with Hydro lift for some time and an acceptable one finally showed itself on CL. Good runner. Needs a replacement seat and a choke lever. Also a battery mount. Anyone point me to how these batteries are held in place? A bigger (younger) brother to my 876

I had a post on my 876 but I see the images are gone from the post, here is a picture, Love this tractor.