ACman

Seat choices 520H

ACman

Trying to pick a seat out for my 520H . Would like an original or oem cover replacement but don't see finding one . So I narrowed it down to these all about the same price +/-$120 delivered . 

#1 choice Michigan seat V-900 (direct bolt on)

IMG_1458.JPG            

#2 choice Michigan seat V-818 (direct bolt on)IMG_1460.JPG

#3 choice Sterns 420-300  (plastic base multi bolt pattern)                                                                                       

IMG_1461.JPG    

Opinions please... 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 4

gwest_ca

The first two appear to have a vinyl cover over foam like the originals if you go by the edge trim that likely holds the cover on.

The 3rd may by solid foam without a cover. I got 2 with solid foam and no cover about 8 years ago and they still look like new. I've sat on them with tools in the back pockets many times and never caused any damage.

Garry

• Like 4

elliot ness

My opinion is number 2.:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

ACman
14 minutes ago, elliot ness said:

My opinion is number 2.:twocents-02cents:

Your with @WVHillbilly520H that's the seat he uses .

• Like 1

Racinbob

I'd have to give another vote to #2. It looks the most Wheel Horsey :)

• Like 1

MalMac

I have #2, nice seat but prone to early cracking of the vinyl.

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H
14 minutes ago, MalMac said:

I have #2, nice seat but prone to early cracking of the vinyl.

I haven't tried it yet but may use a vinyl protectanct like for use on tonneau covers to help prevent the cracking,Jeff.

• Like 2

pfrederi
8 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I haven't tried it yet but may use a vinyl protectanct like for use on tonneau covers to help prevent the cracking,Jeff.

Be very careful about what you use.  A lot of the Vinyl protectants leave the surface slick...you can slide off the seat!!!

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

That's why I thought about the tonneau cover cleaner/protectant non greasy so it's no attracting dust/dirt,Jeff.

1480792228011.jpg

• Like 2

ACman

So far #2 is #1 :) ...anyone have a different one they like  , I've think I looked at every seat possible . 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

lynnmor

Are you sure about the v-818 being a direct bolt on?  At one time I believe they had the smaller bolt pattern and one of our members said that he was able to bolt on.  Conflicting information at several web sites say no holes in back for arm rests and all that I find have only the wide mounting pattern.  Of course the photos cannot be relied on and they are all the same from a distributor.

Racinbob

This style has always been my go-to. Very comfy and good durability. Northern Tool, Surplus Center and others have it.

seat.jpg

• Like 3

MalMac

My v818 was not a direct bolt. I had to make a adaptor plate. It went on a 94 314-8. 

Also Mothers Back to Black really helps keep vinyl soft. Works real good on the soft cabs and I used on seats also.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

My v-818 from Northern ToolIMAG2620.jpg was just purchased this spring/summer and I didn't redrill any holes and it has the tapped holes for the arm rests I bought their adjustment tracks but wasn't impressed with those that's why the extra bolt is in there to keep it from sliding further back,Jeff

IMAG2619.jpg

Screenshot_2016-12-03-16-32-38.png

Screenshot_2016-12-03-16-32-44.png

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 3

MalMac

Wow that's crazy, I got the same seat two years ago from northern tool and had to make a adaptor plate. Love the seat, but said I was not buying another because of the bolt pattern. Maybe they changed them. Thanks HillBilly for the pics. I'll check them out again.

• Like 2

Pollack Pete

I bought this one from Northern Tool for one of my 520-H's . I wanted a seat kinda like the original that had arm rests.Item number XWM1160.About 130 bucks.

11754_200x200.jpg

• Like 3

ACman

I thought they were a direct bolt on but I could be wrong . I just want a good seat that would be a good replacement with the the approval (not that I need it) of 520H owners . 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I also thought about the "Kubota" replacement seat they sell at TSC and as well at Northern Tool, but it doesn't have the armrest bolt holes but multiple seat mounting options, Jeff.

Screenshot_2016-12-03-20-35-03.png

Screenshot_2016-12-03-20-34-48.png

Screenshot_2016-12-03-20-34-40.png

ACman

Yes , that one was choice #4 . I asked my son if he liked the seat on or BX-Kubota and he said it wasn't to comfy , so I left it out . 

To me seat #1 looks more like the toro/Wheel Horse seat minus the ribs going across the backrest . 

#2 seat looks like a older Horse seat .

#3 just looks like it would be real comfy and kinda has the looks of #1 .

IMG_1266.JPG

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

608KEB

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Jeff, I have the same exact seat on the bagger 520 that's the "older" pre '96 style and to me it's uncomfortable compared to the anniversary 520 and xi style or your #2 (v-818) pick that I have on my "Good Friday" 520 which IMHO is more comfortable than the anniversary,but which ever one you pick has to better than the original,Jeff.

• Like 1

ACman

Consensus says.....#2 

I'll be adding it to my wish list , thanks for your opinions guys much appreciated .

:think: know if I can somehow come up with away to get Matt's foot pedal kit I'd be set .

This week I think I have a little help showing up to get her up and running :woohoo: !!! We'll see how it goes .

I promise lots of :text-coolphotos: when things get rolling...Hopefully she be all shined up for the big show !

• Like 1

Sarge

To protect your seats - Aerospace 303 , nothing better - been using it for about 15yrs now, never had anything crack yet and keeps stuff supple without any buildup .

JC Whitney sells it now in their outlets...

Sarge

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Believe I've seen that "303" for vinyl tops and tonneau covers for sale at Advance Auto the other day looking for some car/truck interior detailing products,Jeff.

Thor27

That #3 Sure does look compfy though....

• Like 1