Duramax7man7

Replacement seat

Duramax7man7

Anyone have any good ideas for repalcement seats for a 520h? 

Not really liking the old style. Mine is all busted up looking. Would like something may last longer. 

NorthernTool.com has some nice universal folding high back seats with armrests as well for about $100

pfrederi

Make sure it has a 7 x 7.5 inch mounting pattern makes installation a lot easier.

Duramax7man7

Yeppers. 

The one I was looking at has adjust mounting rails. Not sure if that would be very durable over time though. 

KC9KAS

I have a 520 and the seat is in need o replacement too.

BUT, if and when I replace it, it will not have the arm rests....I hate them....Never used to ones in my pick-up that I put 190000 miles on either!

• Like 1

Tankman

Like the high backs but, never use the arm rests. Often forget I have them and I feel they get in my way.

TSC has high backs usually on the shelf. 'Bout $70. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Duramax7man7

Thanks for the input!

ohiofarmer

While you are at it replacing the seat, please be aware that there is a weak point to the underframe that holds the fender pan and seat suspension on  I had one side hanging by a thread and the other side cracked. The Toro people decided to cantilever that portion of the frame and it puts a tremendous muliplier effect on the stress  My 520 has about 1600 hours on it and I mow ditch lines with it, so the seat is subjected to uneven side stresses.I was at the point that a seat failure could have caused me to fall off and maybe the tractor on top of me. I added some metal from a circular saw blade to spread out the stress. No welding was required

Pull the fender pan and check underneath to find this potential safety issue and increase your safety. i guess i need to become a supporter to post some pictures...

• Like 1

ACman

I did a thread on this last month 

I picked the Michigan V-818 but it's not a direct bolt on . @WVHillbilly520H used this seat and said it bolted right up with new slides :scratchead: what slides did you order Jeff ?

IMG_1610.JPG

17 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

Pull the fender pan and check underneath to find this potential safety issue and increase your safety. i guess i need to become a supporter to post some pictures...

@ohiofarmer there's away around posting pics , but being a supporter sure makes it easier :twocents-02cents: .

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

@ACman, sorry Jeff I bought the seat slider tracks from Northern same time I ordered the seat because my orginals were rusted out, the Philip's head screws wouldn't budget in the original from where it had sat outside for 10 years, :angry-banghead: I wasn't thinking about the new sliders as I bolted them up to the seat then the "U" springs, I'd still buy this seat again just for the fact it's the same dimensionally as the '96 newer O.E. Toro 520/xi seats and more comfortable to me,Jeff.

IMAG2620.jpg

• Like 2

ACman

I think I only seen one set of slides and they were made by KM at just under $18.00 . I'll probably have to same as my 520 sat outside too . It does look comfy and the vinyl is a lot softer :) .

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Yes sir those sliders were about $18 kinda soso as to how they work but beats fabbing up and adapter :dance: and yes way softer material hopefully it holds up for 15+ years like my '97 did before cracking at the corners...

IMAG2621.jpg

• Like 1