Donellis

653 split Gas tank

Donellis

Can I get the bottom plate welded on so it never leaks again? on my 653 fuel tank .screws have been strpped.

Edited by Donellis

rjg854

I will say yes!  The PO of my 854 did just that. And it doesn't leak. 

Edited by Ranger13148
sp
  • Like 1

Donellis

Thanks Ranger.

Racinbob

I don't see why not. Another option is what I did on my 854. After installing a new gasket I used some liquid tank sealer that I found at a motorcycle shop. It never leaked again. :)

• Like 2

WheelHorse79

I second the use of a new gasket and the tank sealer.  I did this on my 854 and it hasn't leaked in 2+ years.  I recommend the 2-part epoxy tank sealer, as it hold up better over time than the single stage stuff.

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

This is some good info. I have a 753 with the 2 piece gas tank. It doesn't leak, but when i restore it, I want to put a new gasket on the tank, but I'm afraid of stripping the screws so I may just coat the inside of that tank and follow the age old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Coadster32

I beleive I used Yamabond without a gasket. (It's a Yamaha product, resistant to gas and oil.)That was well over 5 years ago now, with no problems.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Stratman
      By Stratman
      This is a (1-Owner) 42” Single Stage snowblower attachment (low hours of use) . This is the Attach a Matic system that will fit WHEELHORSE- Toro 5Xi series tractors , as well as New Holland GT (18 , 20 & 22) series machines . It comes complete , with Factory Manual , chute direction crank arm & support , every clip , nut n bolt , bracket needed to mount it to your tractor . Only used on paved surface / Rock Solid ~ Light surface rust only , No holes or weakened metal , nice skid wear pads .
      The (dedicated) Mule Drive & Drive Belt are also included . It works Great , however I now have a plow truck , and no longer need this attachment for my mower .
      Note ; I also have the W/H 75lb wheel weights & tire chains , that can be worked into the deal (if needed) !!!!!
      For additional purchase information ; Please Reply with a name & phone number / I will respond with with my Contact info ; Thanks 4 lookin’ / P.S. I can skid this all up & drop off @ FASTENAL for your Pre-Arranged shipping . 

• Monstrosity
      By Monstrosity
      Show off what your doing from the seat of your Horse!!! Fixed up a mowing deck for the 1277 and put the plow on the C1014. Getting ready to level a topsoil pile and going down the block to mow the small park to test the mowing deck out.
    • Vaughan32850
      By Vaughan32850
      New to this forum, Let’s see what other wheelhorse’s are in the UK, I’m in South Wales. 

RJ-58
      Lawn Ranger 
      Commando 8
      C-120
      C-101
      C-160 Auto

• CeeBee
      By CeeBee
      Good shape. Electric Start. Kept in a shed. Need the space now. Includes Manual. Pickup only.

• Ifixoldjunk
      By Ifixoldjunk
      I’ve recently gotten into flux core welding and I’ve been making all sorts of attachments for my 310-8. I was wondering what other crazy things people have made for their tractors.