c-105

starter diagnostics?

c-105

I'm no mechanic I'm 17 years old looking for assistance for my tractor I have a wheelhorse c-105 older than I am deffanatly 20+ years old I just changed the silonoid and having starter issues I have already tried freeing the starter the issue happened almost instantly from sitting for a half hour at the most tried jumping/charging the battery changed the silonoid having the same issue it just will not engage the starter just gives a dead battery click

pfrederi

Check all you connections.  What is the battery voltage when you try to start it?

• Like 1

oldredrider

You should have the cradle mount style motor on that model. There is an additional ground wire for the engine on the cradle. Check to make sure it is not broken and connected well. 

• Like 2

roadapples

Good luck and      :WRS:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• JT122004
      By JT122004
      I was given this snowblower as a wedding gift for my 1980 C-105, a buddy of mine bought it used from someone who said they used it on a 312-8. I heard the attach-o-matic was from about 1973-2007. When I tried putting it on, it seemed to long. I could not lift it up. Does it look to long to anyone like something was added? Or maybe it is operator error and I am doing something wrong. If it's for another Wheel Horse please let me know. I have no markings for a model number or serial number anywhere. If you can see these pictures let me know your great wisdom, I am new to the Wheel Horse family. 
    • Rustyred
      By Rustyred
      Hey guys. I'm looking at buying a  c-161 (pictured below) and am of course just learning about Wheel Horses. I have another guy selling the pictured C-105 (I think that's what it is) and he would let it go for $100. It runs but leaks oil from a seal in the tranny.

My question is - Do these two machines share same parts? Are they of the same era? If the motor in the C-161 doesn't work would the motor from the C-105 work in it?

Your help would be much appreciated and depended on!

Additionally, the other option is the C-81. Would you settle rather for that.? 

C-105 $100
      C-161 $250 (not running right now)
      C-81 with plow, wheel weights and chains $500 (not running right now)

I'm hitting the road today! My son's birthday present wheel horse is due in 2 days.!

Thanks!