rmaynard

Wheel Horse Child's Wagon

rmaynard

While cruising the internet today, I came across an auction for a Wheel Horse wagon.

WH_Wagon.png

The description says it came from a former Wheel Horse/White dealer in Western PA.

I'm wondering if this was a Wheel Horse promotion or just something that dealer did locally.

Interesting item though.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 8

Racinbob

You need that Bob!! Take a look at this:

Page 16

Oh crap! Maybe not. I just saw the price. :o

• Like 7

rmaynard

Yup, I'm not paying $500.00 for a $69.00 wagon.

Great find on that brochure Bob. :text-goodpost:

• Like 4

WHX??

Yah cool  thanks for sharing Bob

I would love that wagon for the grand kids but not to that tune,  Auction you say B-100? Maybe it will go for alot less?

• Like 1

rmaynard

Unfortunately it's a "buy-it-now" type of sale. Price won't go down unless the seller revises or ends the sale and relists it at a lower price.

ACman

Wow ! Talk about  merchandising , Wheel Horse had it covered . I don't think John Deere had that much in 1989 . In my family's Allis Chalmers dealership, we had some things ( hats , pens , flashlights , knives ) but nowhere near that much . Maybe I never got to see what AC offered as far as merchandise ( I doubt that as I spent a lot of time in my grandpas chair ) . My favorite time of year was when the Ertl toy catalog showed up . Picking out what to order was fun , as a young kid . Man that brought back some memories . Sure wish we would have kept one of everything .

• Like 2

squonk

Buy a $69.00 wagon and put some decals on it! :banana-dreads:

33 minutes ago, ACman said:

Wow ! Talk about  merchandising , Wheel Horse had it covered . I don't think John Deere had that much in 1989 . In my family's Allis Chalmers dealership, we had some things ( hats , pens , flashlights , knives ) but nowhere near that much . Maybe I never got to see what AC offered as far as merchandise ( I doubt that as I spent a lot of time in my grandpas chair ) . My favorite time of year was when the Ertl toy catalog showed up . Picking out what to order was fun , as a young kid . Man that brought back some memories . Sure wish we would have kept one of everything .

We had an Ac dealer in the town I grew up in the 60's.The showroom window was stocked full of AC farm toys. :)

• Like 5

russellmc301

i wish they sold that suff now i would have a show case full:)

i hear there is a guy that makes decals around here:techie-eureka: im sure you can find a radio flyer and get some costom decals:-o

• Like 4

Wheel-N-It
1 hour ago, russellmc301 said:

i wish they sold that suff now i would have a show case full:)

Me too. I love old TONKA trucks and Farm Toys.

• Like 1

squonk

We have a big farm toy show here every spring and an auction following it. I have about 30 tractors and several implements hooked to them. Last year I picked up 8 garden tractors. No Horses though.

• Like 2

clueless

887e48479b5ecbd7d24fd42771d02828-screen-shot.jpg

Is that The Hoff? Gotta love the 80s!

Wishin4a416

Nice!! But I agree not 500$ nice.

• Like 1

ACman

:text-yeahthat: 

Ken B
18 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Me too. I love old TONKA trucks and Farm Toys.

I'm with you Van. A few yrs. back I had a pretty nice vintage Tonka truck collection. I sold off all of them except the ones I had when I was a kid.

• Like 2

squonk
6 hours ago, Ken B said:

I'm with you Van. A few yrs. back I had a pretty nice vintage Tonka truck collection. I sold off all of them except the ones I had when I was a kid.

Same here. I spent a year trying to figure out what brand crane I used to play with at my Aunt's house. Finally I talked to a collector at a show and described the best I could remember. He said it sounded like a Structo. Sure enough I found one in Florida. :)

th.jpg

• Like 1

Darrenw85

The Child's wagon is for sale locally to me for $200. It's been posted for  sale for a couple of months.  Search in the Pittsburgh area and you will see it.

By the way I bought one of those wagons about a year ago not far from where that one is for sale.I bought mine from the original owner and I paid far less than this person is asking. I'll have to post a picture of it this weekend.

Thanks,

Darren