Sparky

Store bought pre-mix

Sparky

Bought a can of this 50:1 two stroke fuel today for my new (used) Husquvarna trimmer and my chainsaw. 

Anyone else using this stuff? Thoughts? Good or bad?

Thanks, Mike.....

image.jpg

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

I have always mixed my own for the boat, chainsaw, trimmer, weed whip and blower... That way I know what type of gas is going in, as well as the oil. I also buy the oil by the gallon so it is way cheaper. I also go through a ton of it, so cost is a factor...

:twocents-02cents:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1

squonk

Yes I use a ton of it when I actually have grass to trim. My OPE guy recommends it. I like the 3 yr. shelf life. I even buy the Tru Fuel 4 cycle stuff for storage   Yes it's expensive but when I need something to start that's been sitting for months, its worth it. Sometimes I get the Husky brand. 94 octane. My Sthil hedge trimmer runs like a red-butted ape on it

Edited by squonk
  • Like 5

clueless
5 minutes ago, squonk said:

Yes I use a ton of it when I actually have grass to trim. My OPE guy recommends it. I like the 3 yr. shelf life. I even buy the Tru Fuel 4 cycle stuff for storage   Yes it's expensive but when I need something to start that's been sitting for months, its worth it. 

Pricey, yes, but if you own quality 2 cycle equipment that you don't use frequently then you can't beat it. Been using it for a few years in my stihl, and echo stuff, no carb or starting problems. Probably even better to use in the cheaper box store stuff. 

Sparky

Price isn't an issue as I bet I'll use at the most 3 of these cans and this one was only $8 at a Tru-Value. Maybe if I was going to go thru many gallons per season I would think different.

Mike.....

• Like 1

N3PUY

I used a can of it this year.   I put it in 2 chainsaws that haven't been used in 5 years and the EarthAuger that gets used maybe once a year.  All ran fine on it.  Got it at Rural King for $4.99

varosd

works great for less used tools like chainsaw

otherwise, ethanol free gas in items I use all the time

ClassicTractorProfessor

I bought a can of it last month and wasn't impressed...my saw wouldn't rev as tight and didn't seem to have the power it did before...switched back to 100% gas and Stihl oil that I mixed myself and we're back to normal

Sparky
2 hours ago, Professor1990 said:

I bought a can of it last month and wasn't impressed...my saw wouldn't rev as tight and didn't seem to have the power it did before...switched back to 100% gas and Stihl oil that I mixed myself and we're back to normal

What brand did you buy? 

I've already run it in my Husquvarna 455 Rancher chainsaw it it seemed to run great.

Mike

WHX??

Bought a line trimmer the other day guys...Husky 1280DJX and the gal said they would up the warranty from two to four years if I would buy three cans & break it in with this at about 7 clams a can. Kinda a no brainer right? Supposedly spose to have 97 octane???

20160716_204747.jpg

Jury is still out.

Jury will probably be out for another 3 1/2 years! 

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor
21 hours ago, Sparky said:

What brand did you buy? 

I've already run it in my Husquvarna 455 Rancher chainsaw it it seemed to run great.

Mike

I bought the Tru-Fuel... Friend of mine uses it pretty regularly...he says his Echo saws run like a top on it but said his Stihl was kinda finicky with it too so I don't know lol

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
20 hours ago, WHX7 said:

Bought a line trimmer the other day guys...Husky 1280DJX and the gal said they would up the warranty from two to four years if I would buy three cans & break it in with this at about 7 clams a can. Kinda a no brainer right? Supposedly spose to have 97 octane???

20160716_204747.jpg

Jury is still out.

Jury will probably be out for another 3 1/2 years! 

I got the same deal, only with Stihl oil, when I bought my chain saw. $7 in oil that I needed anyway and they doubled the warranty. OK by me!!!

• Like 2

Ken B

You can't go wrong Mike. It is the only fuel I have been running thru my saws for the past 3 yrs. and I use them on a regular basis. There is no way I would want to run ethanol fuel thru any of my saws. I do wish it was a little more affordable because I do go thru a lot of it......

On 7/16/2016 at 3:19 PM, squonk said:

Yes I use a ton of it when I actually have grass to trim. My OPE guy recommends it. I like the 3 yr. shelf life. I even buy the Tru Fuel 4 cycle stuff for storage   Yes it's expensive but when I need something to start that's been sitting for months, its worth it. Sometimes I get the Husky brand. 94 octane. My Sthil hedge trimmer runs like a red-butted ape on it

Now, what exactly is a red-butted ape other than a red butted ape?:scratchead::ROTF:

• Like 2

tunahead72
2 hours ago, Ken B said:

... Now, what exactly is a red-butted ape other than a red butted ape?:scratchead::ROTF:

Oh man, is this going to get graphic?

squonk

Wife bought a Stihl Yard Boss they also doubled the warranty with the oil pack. I gave the oil to a co-worker with an outboard. :)

Ken ever hear of Anti Monkey Butt Powder? :)

monkey butt.jpg

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Squonk I have used that and Tired Ole A _ _ Soak on my head. Neither did any good with my hairdo. I think this thread is on the down hill run.