Huntemcd

What is the value of a charger 8?

Huntemcd

Does anyone know the value of a charger 8? I can go get one for free. 

image.png

This is the picture of it. I don't know if the motor is free

stevasaurus

From that picture...not much.  Free is very good, unless you can get some money to take it.  :)  Like you say, if the engine turns, the value starts climbing.  The metal looks straight and solid.  I'd say worth fixing up.  That one running and a good trans like it is...maybe $200 to $400.  Cleaned up and pretty...$400 to $800.  Any attachments??

• Like 4

Huntemcd

No attachments. Going to go look at it now. 

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Anything free is good...even if it's not something you really want...it's still better to snag it up rather than let it go for scrap...someday somewhere down the line somebody may want the whole thing or even need some parts off of it...I would jump on a chance for a free tractor like that. 

• Like 7

TDF5G

Free is the best price for anything!  

:)

• Like 2

19richie66

It would already be home for free. :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1

Terry M

Free can be good.....and that one appears to have some Nice Patina.:)

• Like 1

Huntemcd

I didn't get it. It doesn't have he starter but the motor is free. A new starter is $200 because it's a piece of crap Tecumseh. 

• Like 1

Terry M
3 hours ago, Huntemcd said:

I didn't get it. It doesn't have he starter but the motor is free. A new starter is $200 because it's a piece of crap Tecumseh. 

Are you sure about the price of the starter?  WOW,  Sounds expensive and unrealistic.    

Huntemcd

Yes. And my dad said the parts for those old Tecumsehs r hard to find and expensive. Look on eBay.  Vertical shaft 8 horse. 

19richie66

I have a 20hp liquid cooled Kawasaki v-twin vert that I would love to shove in one of those. I have never seen any vert shaft wheel horses down here in Florida.

• Like 1

WHX??

So look for another freebie that has a starter. ..those are pretty common, 

nobody said you have to buy a new one.....don't listen to dad...my kids never did:lol:  

8 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I have a 20hp liquid cooled Kawasaki v-twin vert that I would love to shove in one of those. I have never seen any vert shaft wheel horses down here in Florida.

Wanna build a racing mower Richie? :laughing-rofl: Prolly alot of things you never saw in FL. :ROTF:

Huntemcd

I will probably get the wheel horse and sell it. 

Huntemcd

Do u guys k ow if a horizontal starter would work for the vertical. 

19richie66
2 hours ago, WHX7 said:

So look for another freebie that has a starter. ..those are pretty common, 

nobody said you have to buy a new one.....don't listen to dad...my kids never did:lol:  

Wanna build a racing mower Richie? :laughing-rofl: Prolly alot of things you never saw in FL. :ROTF:

Probably better that way. I have seen more than enough at Wal-Mart :laughing-rolling: