953 nut

6-10-1935

953 nut

6-10-1935

Alcoholics Anonymous founded

In New York City, two recovering alcoholics, one a New York broker and the other an Ohio physician, found Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.), a 12-step rehabilitation program that eventually helps countless people cope with alcoholism.

Based on psychological techniques that have long been used in suppressing dangerous personality traits, members of the strictly anonymous organization control their addictions through guided group discussion and confession, reliance on a “higher power,” and a gradual return to sobriety. The organization functions through local groups that have no formal rules besides anonymity, no officers, and no dues. Anyone with a drinking problem qualifies for membership. Today, there are more than 80,000 local groups in the United States, with an estimated membership of almost two million people. Other addiction support groups patterned on A.A. include Narcotics Anonymous and Gamblers Anonymous.

On a personal note, due to A.A. and the grace of God I have enjoyed over thirty years of total sobriety.

6-10-1935.jpg

• Like 4

russellmc301

How about Horseoholics Anonymous ?:)

Edited by russellmc301
  • Like 2

KC9KAS
1 hour ago, russellmc301 said:

There is no hope for this disease!

• Like 1

CasualObserver
1 hour ago, russellmc301 said:

@Vinylguy has got you covered!  

this link http://www.redoyourhorse.com/wheel-horse-horse-a-holic-decal/ gets you to the club.

horseaholic.JPG

• Like 1

JimD

We all kid around about being Horse-A-Holics, but this really is a very serious subject. I have a friend / neighbor that was, or is an alcoholic. His kids all grew up through his drinking years and I remember well the accident that left him scarred for life when he went through the windshield of his car. Through AA he was able to quit and recover well over 30 years ago. Today at the age of 85 he still goes to a meeting every week because he doesn't want to let the other members down. I greatly admire this man for his dedication to what became his cause. He has helped many people.

• Like 2