Thisguyisnew

Wheel horse

ACman
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

rare one a 79 Malibu Classic Landua with 305 and factory 4 spd and bucket seats 

In 1995 I looked at 25000 mile blue on blue car , with all the same options, for $5000 . I didn't buy it :angry-banghead: ! Regret that one. It was flawless. Now I have an 84 Chevy short bed from NC it's in pieces. Never have seen a cab so clean , but the bed is a whole other story. Had bed liner so floor rusted out , and the bed sides well it was used like a truck . Maybe one day  I'll  get it back together. Sometime I'll tell you a story of that truck making it out to California to a famous shop , but missed the last show buy one car . My luck !

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Well we blew the new guys topic off track but oh well every story has a bunch of sides and hope "thisguyisnew" has found a way within his budget to keep his collection "under wraps" , El and AC thanks for sharing the cars and tractors,Jeff.

• Like 2

Thisguyisnew

No worries I had an 81 Malibu myself. I actually been busy working on another c-160 that mabsoon helped me get and I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the tips. I think the pallet idea is a good one. I would like to try a garage in a box also but I worry about winter being too hard on material

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Northern tool sells kits for buildings that include all the brackets...all you have to do is supply the lumber and make straight cuts and fasten them together...pretty straightforward no matter what level carpentry skills you have...thinking about ordering a couple of them myself as I need a shed for storage as well as a workshop

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, Thisguyisnew said:

No worries I had an 81 Malibu myself. I actually been busy working on another c-160 that mabsoon helped me get and I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the tips. I think the pallet idea is a good one. I would like to try a garage in a box also but I worry about winter being too hard on material

That car port in my picture has stood up the last couple winters of 18"-24" snow and crazy winds and I couldn't "stick" build it for that price,Jeff.

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, Thisguyisnew said:

That car port in my picture has stood up the last couple winters of 18"-24" snow and crazy winds and I couldn't "stick" build it for that price,Jeff.

Thisguyisnew

Thanks, it does look like a pretty good option. Did you have to get some kind of a permit?

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, Thisguyisnew said:

Thanks, it does look like a pretty good option. Did you have to get some kind of a permit?

Where I live your "supposed" too get a permit for anything over 12'x24' each state/county/city has their own little laws, back in WV if it cost under $2500 no permits needed ,so you really need to check with your local county/town on that, but still that's installed price all I done was write a check when they finished, BTW Carolina Car Ports you can look them up and "custom" build it colors, roof style, size and height and order online about 4-6 week lead time to delivery/installation, and I also have a "shed in a box" 10'x10' from TSC ($150) what a PIA that was to put together then the wind knocked it over because didn't have it anchored properly it does keep the rain off the horses but IMHO not worth the effort vs the carports,Jeff

Thisguyisnew

Thanks Jeff that might be the way to go but would likely have to be down the line

WVHillbilly520H

No problem I understand completely my budget rules me in what is needed vs wanted,Jeff.