Thisguyisnew

Wheel horse

Thisguyisnew

if you don't have enough indoor storage for everything that you may have of wheel horse. Such as tillers and plows is there anything you guys could suggest? besides selling them:(

rmaynard

Garage In A Box.

• Like 4

KC9KAS

Garage in a box

2012-11-04133906.jpg

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Thisguyisnew  :WRS: There a lot of options like posted above.  Sheds in different materials  you can make your own with wood and a good tarp. Always  some way around every thing.

• Like 1

Tankman

Box off a truck. I purchased one (cheap) years ago.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Had both a side door and a rear roll up. Set it on railroad ties.

Couldn't set it down where we wanted it. Rolled the box into place using round fence posts. 

• Like 5

AMC RULES

It's the bane...

of every :wh: owner. 

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

I too have a box off of a truck with garage door. 16 footer.  I painted it to match the house colors and doesnt look to bad.

• Like 2

Pollack Pete

Sea container.Weather proof.Rodent proof.Theft proof.

• Like 3

russellmc301

buy a new home just for the horses:ychain:

buying a box off a truck is a good idea they are cheap and good for storage.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Make room in the living room,  or see Craig for a "magic shed".

IMG_3919.JPG

• Like 9

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:  :text-goodpost:  :text-+1:

IMG_1026.JPG

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 5

ACman

If you don't have the room for a shed . You can get some pallets to keep them off the ground, and cover them up with a tarp . Or build them each their own little houses, which you can lift the top and sides off . Like a dog house.

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

Welcome to :rs:No sure about living room storage of :wh: most wives would give the evil eye if you even thought about it. Used pallets and tarps is the cheapest way to go.

• Like 1

Lane Huls

Friend of mine has briggs engines on a bookshelf, maytags in the living room and kitchen table, and a kohler in the bedroom! :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 4

AMC RULES
10 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

...most wives would give the evil eye if you even thought about it. 

Reason enough...         :greetings-wavingyellow:

to bring 'em into the :wh: fold. 

IMG_0124.JPG

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 7

WVHillbilly520H

Car ports are relatively cheap 12'Wx21'L starts $500 installed my 18'x21' with sides was $12-1300 installed, and holds 2 vehicles plus some, Jeff.

IMAG0993.jpg

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ok Jeff what is the other toy I see ?

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Ok Jeff what is the other toy I see ?

The "ElCamino" with a back seat and covered trunk? :auto-layrubber: Oh dang I meant 1978 Malibu Classic with a 406 SBC solid roller .614/.621 cam forged flat tops with 10.4-1 CR backed by a TH400 reverse manual valve body, 4.10 posi Trac rear....uuhhmm $ pit :think: had it since 2001 my 30th BD present...Jeff.

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I know what you mean, just trying to the El road worthy is a pit and a half.  A/C needs charging every year but it is a whole lot cheaper than a new system. :wh: are cheaper and a lot more fun.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Oh my, A/C what luxuries, this one is just barely "road" legal ...if it wasn't for my son it almost was sold...new engine has less than 50 miles on it...I figure by the time he's 25 (13 to go) he may be ready to inherit it...I had a few other fast beaters before this 1 but a factory Blk on Blk '78 was/is sorta rare so I lactched on to it plus it's basically MY dream car from the first one I saw new in the old Franklin WV Chevy dealers show room back in 78/79...dad was Chevy and CUB CADET the WHEEL HORSE kinda came as need back in '98 when the JD and CUB dealers wouldn't work a deal with me so my neighbor at the time was a WH dealer and the rest is history,Jeff.

• Like 1

ACman

Grew up in 78 Malibu station wagon, then when I turned 16 we put a built 355 in it . My best memory of this car was a neighbor wanted to race my brothers 66 chevelle . We took the wagon and blew his doors off . Never did ask again to race the 66 . 

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Well let's see I had a 76/78 Chevy LUV truck with factory California Stepside conversion with a 305 in it for a bit, then a 66 Impala 2dr 400 4spd, then a 69 Chevy C10 short bed 350 and a car 4spd, then my most rare one a 79 Malibu Classic Landua with 305 and factory 4 spd and bucket seats (ex-wife caused that 1 to disappear),after whining about that for a couple yrs I ended up with the Blk Beauty,which was pictured in Popular Hotrodding about 8 yrs ago and somehow it made on Google  when you search for "1978 Malibu Classic" then images,Jeff.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I fell in love with El Camino when I was about 16 in 1964. Always wanted one , always a day late and a dollar short. Finally in 2001 need to replace some piece of junk. Not sure which one I had so many , wife said find an El Camino you are always talking about them. A few weeks late in a strip mall near home and there sits a black 1984 El Camino Choo Choo SS. Owned by one of the store owners. Took a ride , could not wait to dicker on price. I wanted it now, so no dickering. Spent $2800.00 on paint on 3300.00 car. Rest is history. Broke my back in 2006 so all work done by local garage since then. Carb rebuild and other numerous repairs needed on 1 visit cost $1,700.00 . I think my current list of needs no wants is about $1,000.00 . O well I will leave car to Granddaughter , she is 18 months old. :ROTF:

• Like 2

Tankman
14 hours ago, Wishin4a416 said:

I too have a box off of a truck with garage door. 16 footer.  I painted it to match the house colors and doesnt look to bad.

I was thinking but never did, add a peaked roof matching the house shingles.

WVHillbilly520H

Sorry to hear about your accident/back, I suffer from Sciatica from time to time, it's never good no matter how small or big a back issue, I feel for you, I guess us "boys" don't ever grow up just bigger and more expensive toys,:ychain:,Jeff.

• Like 1