squonk

New Poll

Aldon

Rural with no livestock or fertilizer but every summer someone in area has septic tank emptied.

But the most egregious irritant is the neighbors dog barking incessantly. 

Heavy metal poisening has crossed my mind.

• Like 2

roadapples
13 minutes ago, Aldon said:

But the most egregious irritant is the neighbors dog barking incessantly. 

Heavy metal poisening has crossed my mind.

I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately the dogs belong to my brother..

Ken B

Well, I'll have to go with number one.. For quite a few yrs. the Danbury Sewage treatment plant stunk to all hell if you were within a few miles of it. We all know that sewage treatment plants stink but this was horrendous! Not to mention the plant was right next to a few neighborhoods and shopping centers. What a wonderful idea that was.... Thank God they finally fixed that problem. Stevebo and Fireman will probably recall, how could one ever forget?:scratchead: To make matters even worse, at the time I worked at a Chevy dealership in New Milford and the landfill was very close.. Almost as bad as the sewage plant! Thankfully they finally closed that landfill and the stench is gone. Just too bad I had to put up with it for the 10 yrs I worked at the dealership. Oddly enough I think I hate the smell of gear just as bad, maybe worse. I used to keep a bottle of shampoo in my locker at the dealership in the event I should happen to get some in my hair. Luckily that only happened once and it was before I kept shampoo in my locker!

WNYPCRepair
1 hour ago, Ken B said:

I think I hate the smell of gear just as bad, maybe worse.

My garage smells like hydraulic oil. It really has a nasty smell