squonk

New Poll

squonk

What unwanted smell wafting thru your shop on a nice Saturday afternoon is the absolute worst?

1. Landfill/Sewer Treatment Plant

2. Dog poo on tractor tires

3. Cow/Pig farm

4.Cigarette smoke/ Body spray from the neighbor's 26 yr. old loser kid who thinks he's a real Cool Breeze!

Vote early and vote often. We had variable winds today so I got them all! :blink:

• Like 1

Digger 66

I have nothing on that list but have a few peeves with things that interrupt my 2nd grade attention span while I'm spinning wrenches .

The neighbor's "police dog" that thinks it's a family member & needs to bark at birds , squirrels & if those aren't available it just barks at the atmosphere .

The fly or bee that seems to wait until i'm up to my biceps in grease to either land on my work or just buzz around my head for kicks .

Edited by Digger 66
  • Like 3

DougC

The thing that's mess'n with me the worst is the high winds that just don't seem to want to go away...... Can't smell anything, just hard to do anything outside...:(

SylvanLakeWH

Since you contribute to 1 (your poo), 2 (your dog's poo) and 3 (dinner) :ychain:... (as do I in my area :) ) I vote for #4 since they seem to be everywhere and you can't do anything about them...

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Sorry, can't help you...   :angry-nono:

as none of the :wh:'s in my shop, to my knowledge...

have ever emitted any of them smells .   :banana-wrench:

IMG_2156.JPG

• Like 7

Phatboy

Dog poo on my tractor tires lol,,, well cause they my tires lol

squonk
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Sorry, can't help you...   :angry-nono:

as none of the :wh:'s in my shop, to my knowledge...

have ever emitted any of them smells .   :banana-wrench:

IMG_2156.JPG

So I take it, the'res no " Cool Breezes' in your neighbor hood Craig? :)

I forgot to mention the Boom Boxes and other racket from the day care that just moved in a couple of month's ago. :( 

I remember 20 yrs. back. Another neighbor's kid was raising all kinds of fowl. I'd be on a creeper working on a car and see all of these weird things walking around my garage. I'd slide out and I had chickens,ducks,turkeys and a peacock in the shop. And I live in a village no less.:rolleyes:

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Well, I guess on occasion...  :rolleyes:

you can faintly smell some cut cheese in the breeze.   

• Like 5

squonk

We're talkin unwanted odors. Everyone secretly enjoys their own contributions! :lol:

• Like 5

Wishin4a416

can whlvr

number 4

JimD

#3, sorta. No cows on the farms around here any more but there is still no shortage of their "fertilizer" once the plowing and discing are done. In a few weeks it'll be like a Fart In Elevator  around here. :lol:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 2

rjg854

Ummmm :think: :confusion-scratchheadblue:

there's no option #5

for none of the above

• Like 2

squonk

You must like them all Randy? :teasing-poke: :lol:

WNYPCRepair

#2. Always makes me want to barf.

312Hydro

Hate to bring this up,but...... Aren't all of those annoyances signs of "old age"? How many of us thought about these things when we were younger! :ychain:  

Edited by 312Hydro
  • Like 3

clueless

For the past 37 years I've lived across the street from a older guy who has 40 acres. Over that period of time he has raised cows, goats, horses, and an assortment of fowl. When a southeast wind picks up it can get a little funky, you get used to it. The old guy is about on his last leg now, and the other day his son in-law tell me that after he is gone they think they may sell 20 acres and make the other 20 a trailer park. I don't know what a trailer park smells like, but I damn sure know which I prefer.

Hay, lets be careful out there. 

• Like 2

squonk

Today is obnoxious Harley's blowing by the house day! :)

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Spring flowers are the worst...makes everything smell like a morgue.  :think:  I like the way a pig farm smells...reminds me of Wisconsin.  :)

• Like 2

squonk
  • I have a pig farm and a Cow farm/ cheese factory just south of me! :lol:
  • Like 1

JAinVA

To many weird things going on in the world to worry about a few offensive odors.JMHO,JAinVA

• Like 1

roadapples

When I was in my early 20`s we were building tennis courts north of New York City. Middle of summer, hot and dry, no air moving. Our eyes burned and throats got half sore from the smog hanging in the air. When we got back home a local farmer had just spread cow manure on his fields. I remember thinking, that doesn`t smell that bad after all. Never complained about it since. Now  # 4......

• Like 1

squonk
6 hours ago, JAinVA said:

To many weird things going on in the world to worry about a few offensive odors.JMHO,JAinVA

I take it you don't live near one of the biggest landfills in the USA! 

JAinVA

Mike actually there are two regional landfills not far away.They are filling them up with out of state trash.Most of it coming fromNY and NJ.Smells bad but when they start to leak into the ground water then their odor will be a very small issue.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

squonk

I live about 6 miles away from the landfill. For years no smell at my house. The only smell from it was near it. Now it is in the neighbor hood of 250Ft. high. It doesn't smell much right next to it. That's because the winds aloft carry it farther. At least twice a week you go outside my house and if it isn't garbage, it's that nasty bathroom deoderizer they spray on it. The whole side of town smells like a giant men's room at the local bowling alley, complete with the nasty roll towel thingy. When driving to work, I can smell it over 12 miles away. It's the largest dump in the Northeast. Takes garbage from NYC, Canada and Ohio.:disgust:

Edited by squonk