82Caddy

Excuse to buy more tools

WHX??

If it's not too much trouble Caddy can you throw up a link to the lights...I am looking for some indirect lights for over  the tops of mine 

82Caddy

Looks like they aren't on Amazon anymore, however Menards has the same brand of ones I used.  They come in 12, 18 and 24" lengths by Patriot Lighting.

http://www.menards.com/main/lighting-ceiling-fans/outdoor-lighting/rope-string-lights/patriot-lighting-reg-12-led-strip-light-upgraded-version/p-1444424035576-c-14318.htm?tid=-1570591469873459535

• Like 1

953 nut
20 hours ago, WHX61/3 said:

I am looking for some indirect lights for over  the tops of mine

What ever you do, don't get the junk being sold at Lowe's! They have an on/off switch that has to be pushed each time you want to use them, a remote switch will not turn them on.

Check out "Solid Apollo LED" on line, I bought some of their lights for my church and was very happy with the product and price.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 953 nut
fat finger
  • Like 2

wh500special
On April 7, 2016 at 10:54 AM, 82Caddy said:

I might have 100$ worth of materials invested in this table and benches.  Lots of time spent sanding but that's what happens when you don't have a planer.

Take heart, even with a planer you're still going to be doing a lot of sanding. They all leave cutter marks that show up in just the right light.  

Nice table and nice work.  My wife uses the same strategy for my projects: Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Crate and Barrell....

great hobby.  Keep it up!

steve

• Like 1

82Caddy

Built a coffee table yesterday afternoon.

25766911463_3f49677645_k.jpg

26303418691_b492365f35_h.jpg

The Mrs. couldn't decide what color she wanted it stained so I moved it into the house to encourage/help her see what it would look like.

• Like 6

953 nut

:handgestures-thumbupright:               My cat would find that to be purrrrrrfict, bottom shelf is just high enough to loose all of her toys under!      :ychain:

6wheeler

Look at you go. You are fast becoming a furniture maker. Nice work.

82Caddy

I don't know about a furniture maker but for the 40$ that coffee table cost, it's a heck of a lot sturdier then the 400$ one she wanted from the furniture store

• Like 1

82Caddy

Here is what the dining room table, benches and new rug ended up looking like.

26116423020_2830fd640a_k.jpg

Turned out pretty good.

• Like 4

WHX??

Picked up one of those lights you used at Menards Caddy & they will work good. Trouble is I have to have a half of dozen of  the longer ones and they weren't giving them away...will wait till next 11% sale and get the rest.

82Caddy
7 minutes ago, WHX61/3 said:

Picked up one of those lights you used at Menards Caddy & they will work good. Trouble is I have to have a half of dozen of  the longer ones and they weren't giving them away...will wait till next 11% sale and get the rest.

Glad you like them!

They aren't cheap, that's for sure.  When they were on Amazon they were quite a bit cheaper then I could find locally.  We tried 5 or 6 different brands/colors before deciding on the ones we did.  Oh, who am I kidding, these were the ones the Mrs liked the best. :) lol. 

• Like 2

WHX??
1 hour ago, 82Caddy said:

Mrs liked the best. :) lol. 

Are our Mrs related?!?!? :lol: Why is it they always like the more expensive ones??? Will get some pics up when all done....

Edited by WHX61/3
add
  • Like 2

82Caddy
On 4/12/2016 at 10:34 AM, WHX61/3 said:

Are our Mrs related?!?!? :lol: Why is it they always like the more expensive ones??? Will get some pics up when all done....

I was always told my lady has expensive tastes  - her parents even warned me.  If you wanted to know the most expensive thing in the store just ask her what she likes best. lol

Guess it's a good thing she's not on these forums :hide:

• Like 1

82Caddy

Here's what the coffee table ended up looking like.

26387098156_4b5002a9dc_k.jpg

I *think* I'm done building things for a bit...

ol550

Whatever it takes to justify new tools.  When my nephew took over my dads wood worhing business first thing he

got was a drum sander.  Still uses the planer to get thicknesses close, but finishes with the sander.

Nice work!!