RedHorse54

Accident with the '66 Mustang the other day

RedHorse54

Got in a minor accident with my stang the other day. Was turning right and some idiot decided to pass around me on the right hand side while I was turning right, and smashed in the fender. The thing that sucks is that it was the original fender, and red is the hardest paint to match. Just got it 4 months ago too. Now I gotta get the whole right side repainted and get the fender replaced.

image.jpg

Edited by RedHorse54
  • Like 1

Phatboy

Dam buddy sorry to hear that ,, nice looking mustang tho ,, my dada had a 68,, and my brother has a 2006 cobra super charged one lol its sweet,, well hope ya find a good shop to get her fixed up buddy..

RedHorse54
21 minutes ago, Phatboy said:

Dam buddy sorry to hear that ,, nice looking mustang tho ,, my dada had a 68,, and my brother has a 2006 cobra super charged one lol its sweet,, well hope ya find a good shop to get her fixed up buddy..

Thanks man. And yeah those are real nice cars!

• Like 1

Sparky

Did the other driver stick around? They have insurance?

Mike.....

• Like 1

RedHorse54
20 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Did the other driver stick around? They have insurance?

Mike.....

Yeah, we stayed in the position of the collision till the authorities got there. We both have insurance. But since it is illegal to get around someone on the right hand side, the other person should be blamed for it, right? They are the one that crashed into us. Was informed that the other persons insurance will make the decision of whose fault it would be. But, I think that's kind of absurd because even if it was the other persons fault, their insurance would for sure say that it was our fault, so they would not have to pay for the repairs, right? Or would evidence defend that.

Edited by RedHorse54

KC9KAS

In Indiana the police can lay blame on either or both parties....like 50/50 or 75/25.

Then the insurance companies really have a ball dodging this.

Nice Mustang!

elcamino/wheelhorse

Man that is a shame on Mustang , you should belted the guy. Did the cops issue him a ticket for stupid driving? They should have.

• Like 1

RedHorse54
18 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Man that is a shame on Mustang , you should belted the guy. Did the cops issue him a ticket for stupid driving? They should have.

Nope, nothing. Just gotta decide whos insurance pays for who's damage

AMC RULES

Have a classic/antique car insurance policy on it? 

jimt1971

If you are near Huntington Valley PA I have a good shop to take it to.

RedHorse54
31 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Have a classic/antique car insurance policy on it? 

Yes, I'm just waiting for the plates to come in the mail

4 minutes ago, jimt1971 said:

If you are near Huntington Valley PA I have a good shop to take it to.

Thank you, but I'm an hour and a half away from there

Ranger Bill

File a suit in small claims court, FIRST, it should only cost a few bucks to file, the officer should have cited the other driver. Then wait and see the outcome between insurance companies. Having already filed, FIRST, the other guy would have a difficult recourse. It was an original OEM fender, should be replaced with such, because of the antiquity value. I got screwed like this with a 1959 Corvette, I did not know better and allowed the door to be patch repaired, Hell No!

It may not work like this for you but I wish you well.

tunahead72
23 hours ago, RedHorse54 said:

... Was turning right and some idiot decided to pass around me on the right hand side while I was turning right, and smashed in the fender...

F___in' idiot is right.  Passing on the right is one of the most dangerous things a driver can do, and yet I see it all the time.  There's no way you could have seen him coming, especially with no mirror on your right side.  Sometimes I wish I was driving a tank.

Good luck getting this resolved, looks like a real nice Stang. :thumbs:

RedHorse54

Exactly. Even if I was turning left, they are not allowed to pass on that side. I hope they say it's their fault, since they broke a law and we didn't. Thanks!

3 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

F___in' idiot is right.  Passing on the right is one of the most dangerous things a driver can do, and yet I see it all the time.  There's no way you could have seen him coming, especially with no mirror on your right side.  Sometimes I wish I was driving a tank.

Good luck getting this resolved, looks like a real nice Stang. :thumbs:

9 hours ago, Ranger Bill said:

File a suit in small claims court, FIRST, it should only cost a few bucks to file, the officer should have cited the other driver. Then wait and see the outcome between insurance companies. Having already filed, FIRST, the other guy would have a difficult recourse. It was an original OEM fender, should be replaced with such, because of the antiquity value. I got screwed like this with a 1959 Corvette, I did not know better and allowed the door to be patch repaired, Hell No!

It may not work like this for you but I wish you well.

Thanks for the info!:)

Ken B

Such a shame that this happened to you and your very nice Stang. I hate to say it but in this instance that Cop was good for nothing and it probably wasn't the cops fault for not taking your side either...  Politics must be involved... Take Ranger Bills advice, I can't believe that we are letting insurance companies decide who is at fault these days...