moe1965

raider 10

moe1965

Help... I just finished taking apart and painting a raider 10   i took the trans out and painted it   I removed the gear selecters to paint them .  I reassembled and now I only have high range gears   The high low selector seams like it is jammed..   any suggestions?

• Like 1

pfrederi

Do not force it as you can bend the hi-low fork.  Is it back on the tractor or still on the work bench??  You need to spin the gears a few times then try again.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

What year is your Raider...or the Model Number?  BTW...Welcome to Red Square.  :)

Retired Sparky

Hello and :WRS:   Do you smell the grease, you have arrived. You're in good company.  :text-goodpost:

AMC RULES

:wwp:  &  :text-coolphotos:

:WRS:

moe1965

Here is what happend.  When i assembled it one bolt that bolts the The trans to the frame was to long. It is a through hole  into the trans.  The bolt  hit the high low lever not letting me select between them.  In the process of just finding that out I did braak a gear.   I had a few choice words.  The trans is totally dissembled.  My issue now is are there replacement parts available?  Here is a picture is the broken gear. modle number is   1   0301   7             from what i can figure out its a 1972

1458517097834113328665.jpg

Edited by moe1965
more info

gwest_ca

Sorry to hear that. Here is the parts list

Garry

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Looks like part # 7206  gear reduction.   Send a PM to "racinfool40" (Mike)...I'll bet he has what you need.  :)   @racinfool40

moe1965

Thanks I will do so