Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

Computer Dummy

Brrly1

:D Ok, I guess there are just too many moving parts for me to figure this computer stuff out.I have sat here now for a couple hours trying to figure out how to post the pictures like you guys do and I just can't get the knack of doing it. I followed some of the directions that you guys have posted and nothing seems to work. I would love to be able to post some of my pictures also of what I have collected. I already have a place in Photobucket and have tried to copy and paste but I must be doing something wrong. HELP!!!! :P

combatmp29r

Brrly, make sure your pictures are sized right 1st. In photobucket you can click on the edit tab and it will give you a resize option. Choose the message board option for size. Then when you are posting a message here click the img tab and when the little pop up screen appears copy and paste the IRL of your picture into it. Photo bucket makes it nice, because the irl is one of the 4 tan blocks below your picture, so all you have to do is click on it and its copied. Paste it in the pop up window and click ok.

Hmmm I wrote a book. :D

Hope this helps

nylyon

I don't use photobucket, but I believe that there is an option where you can just click the IMG code. If you click the IMG code, then in your post you should be able to -V and it will past the code into your post.

Note: you will NOT see your picture until you either submit or preview your post, that is when it wil show up. You'll get it.

nylyon

Give it a shot here, and I can help you fix it if it doesn't work, I just need the URL of the post and I can show you exactly what you would need to change.

Brrly1
DSC02299-1.jpg

combatmp29r

:D We have picture Brrly

Stigian

You just beat me to it combatmp29r :( but....

:D a photo anyway :(:(

Thats a nice trio of tractors you have there Brrly1 :P

Brrly1

Well I owe a Great big Thank you to Tickster. He IM me and had enough patience to actually walk me thru this. Its' going to be a whole different world out there now that I can do this. Standby to Standby More pics cominmg soon Now if I can just figure everything else out John :D

nylyon

Brrly, glad you got it all worked out, now get them pictures uploaded. The good thing about hosting pictures on-line like this is that you can post them on other sites without having to re-upload anything.

Stephen, thanks for getting Brrly going! :D

Brrly1

Hello, I have one more question? I keep going down to add personal photo and I keep getting error message. Any secrets to that on how that one works? What is Avatar? I don't have a personal photo set up and I don't know nothing about Avatar. I am learning a whole bunch here today,hoping to remember. Thank ahead. Burly I am still :D

nylyon

Under my name is a picture of a Wheel Horse tractor, that is my Avatar. You can add an avatar by going to the My Controls. I have limited the size of the avatar's to something like 128x128 and a maximum file size of 128kb.

I added your picture that you posted as your Avatar. You can add a personal picture, just put in the http link to the picture like this:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd136/brrly1/DSC02299-1.jpg

and that will add your picture.

PS, feel free to change your Avatar to your pleasing....

Brrly1

Once again I owe you a Big Thank you.This is a little different but I am trying to learn, I really am. Thanks Karl Burly Maybe now I can quit :D

T-Mo

For some of us it just takes longer to learn this new, fangled thing called the computer. At work, we like to call it the "confuser" and it sure does a good job of that. So from now on all computer related problems, we will use the term "confuser help wanted"! :D

Curmudgeon

Oh, they can't be THAT hard. I figured them out. Mostly.

TT

I find that this game sometimes help to relieve the tension associated with the 'puter. It's in Spanish now (for some reason :D ~~ sorta like all the signs at Lowe's :P ) and it might not be real good for the dial-up folks either.

http://www.funny-games.biz/beatup-pc.html