elcamino/wheelhorse

Big Show Motels

stevasaurus

Would you go to Texas to get a Philly Cheese Steak???   Would you go to St Louis to get Maryland Crab Cakes???  Would you go to New York to get Chicago Deep Dish Pizza???  Would you go anywhere and try to get Italian Beef (Chicago ONLY)???  Boston does not even know what a CHOCOLATE  MALT is!!  Why would anyone think you could get my ribs in Pennsylvania??  :ROTF:

Like what Craig was saying and to clarify...they have some nice ladies cooking and serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on the grounds...of course you can cook what you want at your camp site...but you can stay there and not cook at all also.  The food is very good.  You just can not cook like hot dogs by where your horses are...really no reason to do that.  :)

• Like 5

WHX??
1 minute ago, stevasaurus said:

Why would anyone think you could get my ribs in Pennsylvania

Because we is gonna import the ribs & fixins & you, put a blindfold on ya, tell ya yer in the land of OZ that we magicaly turned from green to RED and set ya to cookin!!! Oh and put a glass of Rock & Rye on the stick instead of a carrot so ya don't waiver from yer duties!

29 minutes ago, squonk said:

You have to go to Texas Road House with us

That just might be easier....

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse
49 minutes ago, roadapples said:

I like titanium club, or titanium rangers better, aint meetin` nobody on "Broke Back Mt."  Plenty of motels in Gettysburg, about ten miles away.

Since the subject went from motels to messed up backs  and food. I started this mess and got confused so back to my question. For those members that stay in motels , do y'all gather at one particular motel lets say in Gettysburg ?

• Like 1

squonk

We get spread all over but we had quite a contingent at the Comfort Inn.

And I did get some Italian Meatballs at the Olive Garden in Rochester NY this past weekend just like Grand Ma used to make! 497109581avatar.gif.f9b51061a911b4d88074

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

WHX??
1 minute ago, squonk said:

We get spread all over but we had quite a contingent at the Comfort Inn.

.....until somebody got rowdy and started drivin a tractor up and down the halls......

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thank you , I figure that I could meet more of the guys at a motel , since I will be the nut case running around looking at everything. I may look like I have Rabies from the spit running down my chin , just do not shoot me.

• Like 4

WHX??
22 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

You just can not cook like hot dogs by where your horses are...really no reason to do that

oh no...not with all that  tractor gas around, leaking sediment bowls and open flames....

squonk
2 minutes ago, WHX6 said:

.....until somebody got rowdy and started drivin a tractor up and down the halls......

:eusa-naughty: Mine stayed on the trailer! It wasn't me! :eusa-naughty:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

There really is no good motel, if any, that is close to the show.  Gettysburg has a ton of places to stay, but they run like over $100 a night...remember it is the weekend before the 4th of July.  Chambersburg and where I stay in Scotland are more reasonable (around $80 to $90+  weekdays/weekends) and very nice...it is about 20 miles from the show, but it is a very nice drive each way.  Do a Google map for Chambersburg Motels and see what you come up with.  We stay at the Scotland Comfort Inn.

• Like 3

wallfish

I stay in Gettysburg and usually see a Wheel Horse guy or two there but it doesn't really matter where you stay, we all gather at the show!

The hotel is only used for a shower and the bed before and after the show. We get down there Thu and leave on Sun.

• Like 3

squonk

John, Have you cleaned out the van from last year yet? :)

stevasaurus

John is kind of right about the motel thing.  A few more have been staying at the Scotland Comfort Inn and some of us get together and go out for dinner on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.  This sounds like what you are looking for and you are moor then welcome to stay and go out to eat .  :)

send me a PM

• Like 2

squonk

For 3 years I stayed at what was Motel 6 in G burg which is now President's Inn, Now I stay at the same Comfort Inn as Steve. no comparision plus a little entertainment to boot! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Of course the Harley Dudes circling the Motel 6 at midnight one year was somewhat exciting.

Ok guys, What's that crappy Motel that Duke likes so much? Blue Oyster or something? 

207109581avatar.gif

• Like 3

wallfish
10 minutes ago, squonk said:

John, Have you cleaned out the van from last year yet? :)

Not yet, it gets cleaned once a year on the Wed before the show!

• Like 4

AMC RULES

The Blue Oyster Cult, I think.   :confusion-shrug:

duke.jpg.63b8ef6c49462505d6ee6e8e375e539

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Blue Oyster Cult is a band from the 70's

AMC RULES

No way.  :eusa-think:  For real? 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

squonk

:):):):lol:

• Like 1

wallfish

Blue sky motel?

• Like 2

953 nut

The Comfort Inn Chambersburg and Scotland seem to be the same one. And, just for the record, I was only kidding about having a cook's corner! But, since we are talking about cooking you know if you tied a hot dog to the muffler while driving in the parade it would be cooked by the second lap!  :ychain:     :ROTF: 

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

:wwp:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

John is kind of right about the motel thing.  A few more have been staying at the Scotland Comfort Inn and some of us get together and go out for dinner on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.  This sounds like what you are looking for and you are moor then welcome to stay and go out to eat .  :)

send me a PM

P M sent

squonk
8 hours ago, wallfish said:

Blue sky motel?

That's it! If you drive by it on the way from G burg to the show don't slow down. Some "un-wanted passengers" way hop aboard.

WNYPCRepair

For those camping at the show, any need for a shower? I've never been, so I have no idea what the facilities provide, but I am planning to put this on eBay, thought I would offer here first. 

My wife broke her thigh this past summer, so for 3 months, she showered outside with this gear. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TXOJQ4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ITVSSQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

The shower tent has been cut at the bottom, the little 4 " lip at the bottom was cut on one side so my wife's wheelchair could roll right in. Other than that, it is in great shape, and works great. All you need is a hose and a tank of propane

roadapples

I hope your wife is doing well and good luck with the shower, but they do have showers on the grounds..

• Like 1