WNYPCRepair

RCPW.com is SLOW!

WNYPCRepair

A week from order date to ship date! Holy crap! They will be my last resort from now on. 

82Caddy

I guess it depends what you ordered.

I ordered a valve spring compressor tool from them on Dec 30 in the evening (after business hours), it shipped on the 31st and arrived today with a holiday in there too.

WNYPCRepair

Jack shaft for a two stage blower

rick

They may not have everything in stock. Jack's Small Engines will email when they have to get the product from the vendor.

shallowwatersailor

I have always been happy with RPCW, and find them to have the best prices most of the time. I'm sure that any dealer would need to obtain it from Toro, and evidently there isn't the option of drop shipping to reduce handling time. Inventory costs money to keep on a shelf, plus it is close to that time of year for businesses to inventory their stock for tax purposes. 

There probably is not much call for a major part on an attachment last made 14 years ago. I think it speaks well for Toro that it was available at all.

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair
18 minutes ago, shallowwatersailor said:

I have always been happy with RPCW, and find them to have the best prices most of the time. I'm sure that any dealer would need to obtain it from Toro, and evidently there isn't the option of drop shipping to reduce handling time. Inventory costs money to keep on a shelf, plus it is close to that time of year for businesses to inventory their stock for tax purposes. 

There probably is not much call for a major part on an attachment last made 14 years ago. I think it speaks well for Toro that it was available at all.

I'm OK with that, if that is the reason, and they communicate that to me, so I know what is going on. 

So now the USPS has screwed it up. 

568ff79539cca_ScreenShot2016-01-08at10.2

Came to Buffalo, but they sent it to NJ, and they sent it to Rochester, maybe it will be back in Buffalo tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
45 minutes ago, WNYPCRepair said:

I'm OK with that, if that is the reason, and they communicate that to me, so I know what is going on. 

So now the USPS has screwed it up. 

568ff79539cca_ScreenShot2016-01-08at10.2

Came to Buffalo, but they sent it to NJ, and they sent it to Rochester, maybe it will be back in Buffalo tomorrow. :)

Maybe the Jackshaft belongs to a Frequent Flyer Club - and is racking up additional mileage.  :D 

Hopefully the weather cooperates and doesn't snow. Our ten-day forecast doesn't have any snow predicted. Right now I only have the plow on the 518xi. The diesel has yet to get the cab and snowthrower attached.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
1 hour ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Maybe the Jackshaft belongs to a Frequent Flyer Club - and is racking up additional mileage.  :D 

Hopefully the weather cooperates and doesn't snow. Our ten-day forecast doesn't have any snow predicted. Right now I only have the plow on the 518xi. The diesel has yet to get the cab and snowthrower attached.

I have a 520H with a blower, and the 522xi with a blade on it, but I want to get this thing back together before I lose parts, or forget where they are, LOL. I lose stuff all the time. 

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Finally got this today.

A bit of a difference, huh? I would have bet the original had a machined portion, but the new one doesn't. Could wear have cut that shaft so cleanly?

shaft1.thumb.JPG.9dc5bc1ff418d9d0180a144shaft.thumb.JPG.2957b5a1cde62407098d3bcd

shallowwatersailor

Yes, it could wear that much metal away. When I was working on commercial HVAC units for high-rise buildings, we would have shafts rebuilt that would look like that due to bearing failure. Loctite makes a product (Loctite 680) that can be used to repair shafts. I'm not sure if new or rebuilt after machining is cheaper.

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

I can't believe how smooth it is. Looks like it was turned on a lathe