slammer302

New horse hauler

slammer302

I been wanting sum cheap transportation and was able to buy this little beauty it is a 1981 Chevy luv the man that lived behind me bought it in 1981 with 6,000 miles on it and it was his everyday driver till he passed away it has 138,000 on it now and runs good i plan on driving it to work for a while till i can get my wife's car fixed or find her a new one. Sorry about the poor pic     

IMG_20160103_213230973.jpg

• Like 5

bowtieguy

Don't forget to put historical plates on it...one time plate (28.75) and no annual MO inspections!!

In MO, you are supposed to be going to or from an "event" or to or from a "repair station"....I'm always going to or from a repair station!!!.( remember F.O.R.D)....insurance is 52 bucks a year....on a 38 Ford 2 door humpback sedan street rod

Edited by bowtieguy
  • Like 2

slammer302

I like the sound of that Frank

squonk

Vintage Hubcaps! :) Aren't your miles you can drive limited with historical plates? 

Sparky
2 hours ago, squonk said:

Vintage Hubcaps! :) Aren't your miles you can drive limited with historical plates? 

Not here in Ct. Your mileage restrictions are placed on you by the insurance company if you go for classic/specialty car insurance. At least that's how it is with my Corvette. If I had bought regular car insurance I would have no restrictions.

Mike..........

• Like 2

Coadster32
17 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Not here in Ct. Your mileage restrictions are placed on you by the insurance company if you go for classic/specialty car insurance. At least that's how it is with my Corvette. If I had bought regular car insurance I would have no restrictions.

Mike..........

This is true.

Hovever interesting is that I got classic plates for my black 94 pickup. The lady at DMV told me that I can't even load up a bag of mulch from Home Depot with classic plates on it....for show only. I said "sure". I've been to the dump several times with it, and use it like normal. I am assuming the police have better things to do. Just keep it in mind though.

953 nut

No mileage restrictions on the North Carolina tag for my Street Rod and the only thing the insurance company requires is that I have another vehicle for regular driving. Don't know how they would determine whether or not I use it for a daily driver, I'm retired and don't go anyplace some days.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

In Virginia you can get various classic plates . Depends on how many miles you drive per year and also allows that you do not need state inspections( that is stupid)

953 nut
9 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

also allows that you do not need state inspections( that is stupid)

Seems rather counter-intuitive doesn't it, we bought a new car in Georgia and had to have a NC safety inspection to register it, but my '48 Ford Street Rod with over 100K since I built it in '87 and the wife's '76 sports car don't need to be inspected because they are collector vehicles.  :confusion-confused:

• Like 1