WNYPCRepair

It's kind of a horse

WNYPCRepair

It's the wrong color, but it is kind of a wheel horse.

IMG_9254.thumb.JPG.ab6f4a2bd359808573143

IMG_9253.thumb.JPG.aaca33cbbdc8774ef2030

IMG_9252.thumb.JPG.f872c1f55a0dd04b34f80

IMG_9250.thumb.JPG.26395cb954bafeb582736

• Like 6

Sparky

Nothing wrong with other colors if you ask me (you would be surprised how many guys here have a different brand in their collection).

A 2 stage blower....Nice!

Mike.........

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

Yeah, the blower was the main reason I bought it. Decided it wouldn't be horrible to have a spare to my 522XI. :)

I think I stole it, though it was in a bit rougher shape than the pictures showed. he left it outside and it is starting to rust. Maybe I'll paint it red. :)

$1700 for the GT22, blower, weights and chains.

Barely got all that in the trailer. My electric tilt and winch worked great though, pulled the tractor right up in there, then lowered the trailer. Takes 60 seconds, but it's way less scary.

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 4

tractorhogg

nice score!!!

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Oh yes, it also has a 60" deck. I would rather have a 54" to be honest

DennisThornton

Man!  Blower and a 60" deck!  And the blue would match my TC-35!

Ya did real good Brian!

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

I think it will be over 9' long with the blower attached. It is hanging off the back of the trailer about 8", and it is pushed back until it is hitting the bumper. The trailer is 8' 3 1/2" long

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Its the same machine as the XI series correct. I know the blue decks go right on a red machine. Nice score!!!

• Like 2

WHX??

Nice....no snow = you sell me the blower!

15 minutes ago, Wishin4a416 said:

Its the same machine as the XI series correct. I know the blue decks go right on a red machine. Nice score!!!

Can someone enlighten me on how this is the same as an xi???

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Brian, score score score, you dog you. The BEST PART is the 2 stage also. Nothing wrong with diversification in the world of tractors. We have a member or 2 here with an xi and the new holland 2 stage. Best of luck man. You done did good.

Glenn

46 minutes ago, WHX6 said:

Nice....no snow = you sell me the blower!

Can someone enlighten me on how this is the same as an xi???

Jim, I will be corrected if wrong, but as I recall toro was under contract to do the build of those units for new holland. Paint color and minor things were the only change. Those NH decks and snowblowers attach right up to the xi. 

Glenn

• Like 3

Wishin4a416

I have a friend who needed a new deck for his XI and I referred him to a guy I know with some NH NOS decks. The blue one went right under his 520XI. The guy said they are one in the same machine "in that time frame" except for some suttle differences.

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair
1 hour ago, Wishin4a416 said:

I have a friend who needed a new deck for his XI and I referred him to a guy I know with some NH NOS decks. The blue one went right under his 520XI. The guy said they are one in the same machine "in that time frame" except for some suttle differences.

Yes, Toro built the 522xi, and I think the 520xi, or the 518xi for NH, the GT20 and GT22, I believe. I did find one glaring difference in the GT22 and the 522xi though. The NH does not have power steering. It's a bear to crank the wheels around with the blower on the front. 

The two stage attached to the tractor make it 9' 8" long. Holy crap. 

Finally got stuff rearranged and put away, though I did have to put my 520H that I wanted to rebuild this winter outside under a tarp. Loaded it on my trailer and covered it all with a tarp.

It's time to have a sale. I need to sell at least two tractors.

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, WNYPCRepair said:

:twocents-02cents:             No, it is time to add on to your garage!                         :ychain:

• Like 5

DennisThornton
7 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

Yes, Toro built the 522xi, and I think the 520xi, or the 518xi for NH, the GT20 and GT22, I believe. I did find one glaring difference in the GT22 and the 522xi though. The NH does not have power steering. It's a bear to crank the wheels around with the blower on the front. 

The two stage attached to the tractor make it 9' 8" long. Holy crap. 

Finally got stuff rearranged and put away, though I did have to put my 520H that I wanted to rebuild this winter outside under a tarp. Loaded it on my trailer and covered it all with a tarp.

I'm quite surprised!  I thought all 20 hpXIs and up had PS and I would have thought the same would have applied to the blue ones!  You might want to put that blue blower on your red tractor!

WNYPCRepair
5 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

I'm quite surprised!  I thought all 20 hpXIs and up had PS and I would have thought the same would have applied to the blue ones!  You might want to put that blue blower on your red tractor!

After I posted that, I looked at his Craigslist ad, and it says power steering, but it feels manual to me. I didn't have time today to inspect, I didn't see the cylinders, etc. Looked like a manual steering gear box. I hope to get some time to look at it tomorrow. It needs a good cleaning, fluids changed, etc.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
23 minutes ago, WNYPCRepair said:

After I posted that, I looked at his Craigslist ad, and it says power steering, but it feels manual to me. I didn't have time today to inspect, I didn't see the cylinders, etc. Looked like a manual steering gear box. I hope to get some time to look at it tomorrow. It needs a good cleaning, fluids changed, etc.

Brian, my 522xi has power steering, bet that does to.

Never mind, just saw your post above. Suprises me actually. Oh well.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn

WNYPCRepair

Apparently NH offered it as an option.

566e3d2a201d7_ScreenShot2015-12-13at10.5

• Like 3

WHX??
18 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

and a nice tall chute to WHX6....:ychain:

Seriously Brian there was a tractor bone yard around here that I believe had a scrap or parts XI of sorts, If I get in that area I could look to see if the tractor has the power steering gear for ya? Might bolt right up??

I never realized WH built tractors for others I guess, any other horses out there with a different color that we should be aware of?

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair
21 minutes ago, WHX6 said:

and a nice tall chute to WHX6....:ychain:

Seriously Brian there was a tractor bone yard around here that I believe had a scrap or parts XI of sorts, If I get in that area I could look to see if the tractor has the power steering gear for ya? Might bolt right up??

I never realized WH built tractors for others I guess, any other horses out there with a different color that we should be aware of?

Absolutely! If you can snag all the gear to convert it to power steering, that would be great! Let me know how much they want, and I'll be happy to pay you something for your troubles.

• Like 2

WHX??

No problem Repair... if @JERSEYHAWG / Glenn could put up some pics of his as to what I should be lookin for that would help so I can PI the steering gear. Or I would just try and snag the whole tractor if the $$ is right and parts out/give the rest to other members if possible. When I saw it there I thought this is a late model deluxe WH and why would someone leave it there to rot? It had to be an XI of some sort as it had all the stuff on the dash with an adjustable steering wheel. Body work was trashed tho.   This is a true country bone yard with a guy named Goober running the show... had 100's of tractors but nothin I was lookin for ..older WH's & round hoods....

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

WHX??

Thanks Glenn that what I would have been lookin for ...some kind of ram. I would think that also some sort of control valve on the end of the steering column with associated hoses goin to the hydro for power. Thinkin this might be a project to retrofit to PS but not impossible with the right stuff, I mean if it was done as an option at the factory??

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I just took the link off the web. when I get in the garage later I will see what I can see for a picture.  not sure.......

Glenn

the pictures arent to good at all. its hard to get in there for me.

20151214_165944.jpg

20151214_165957.jpg

i think the exploded view gives a better idea / view

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

I'll take a look tomorrow and see what the valve looks like. 

I spent today pressure washing the dirt, oil and grease off everything. The blower had 1/2 inch of grease on the frame under the pulley bearings. I scraped it off with a putty knife it was so thick, then pressure washed it. Evidently this guy never cleaned anything or did any maintenance at all, and he left it outside so it is rusty all over. 

I changed the oil and filter, air filter, and plugs. 

It definitely looks like it has more than 400 hours on it, from the neglect. I would think the hour meter didn't work, except for the tires that look almost new

DennisThornton
19 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

Apparently NH offered it as an option.

566e3d2a201d7_ScreenShot2015-12-13at10.5

Well I'll be!  Shucks!