Ironman

I need a D250 wiring schematic WITH an Alternator

Ironman

After a year of getting my garage straightened out, I'm finally restoring and rewiring my 78 D250. You guys were very helpful in getting a lot or research material. I've looked through all the manuals for the D250 and only found wiring schematics/diagrams with a generator and separate regulator. I need the schematic for the D250 with an Alternator with built in voltage regulator. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Ironman

Thank you 953 nut! That will help but do you know if there is one out there with the wire sizes and colors? I'm not trying to be picky I'm just not very experienced with electrical schematics.              

Thanks, Rich

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:  I don't own a D-250, but I have always used # 10 stranded wire for alternators on my street rods and they have 100 amp units.

Ironman

I'm rewiring the whole tractor which is why a more detailed wiring diagram is needed. I'm sure most of it is the same on models with an alternator or a generator except for the charging system.

6bg6ga

Several schematics that could be used. Alternator wiring is pretty basic.  It just depends on what alternator you wish to use. Ford, Chevy, Ricer?

Ford_alternator_Wiring_diagram_Guide.png

alternator.jpg

Edited by 6bg6ga

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Claire Smith
      By Claire Smith
      Is there a wiring diagram for a wheelhorse R26 Tecumseh engine 5.5hp - changed points and condenser, engine turns on key but no spark. !! Any ideas?? 😊

• Hoppy Rabbit
      By Hoppy Rabbit
      I went to a wheel horse show in PA and picked up a B-100 Automatic. I restored and cleaned it up after I brought it home. It had everything except the Headlights. I got a lense and looked online for the housing and cable. I found one on ebay except it was $67 plus shipping. It didn't even have all the parts. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265133794229?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dhBhG47STyW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY.I was just wondering if there is anywhere to get a cheaper one with all the parts so I can finish it. 

• ri702bill
      By ri702bill
      I read the post by @Foxer14 regarding the out-of-line price set by his grandfather that wanted to sell his C175. I can relate to his frustration when it comes to WH Tractors and the over-the-top demands set by family relatives. You can pick your friends, but not your relatives...🤷‍♂️
      Disclaimer: The names have been changed to protect the guilty and this really happened as I am telling it.

Back in 1990 my father in law bought a used D250 that had a 60 inch deck and an Ark FEL for $2800 from a local WH Dealer. The previous owner bought it new and had it for 2 years and then died; his widow sold it back to the Dealer. My father in law had it for 2 years, had a stroke and died shortly thereafter (notice a pattern here??) I am sure that every family has a relative that is legendary for their history of extraordinary frugality (aka cheapness). After the burial my brother in law "Bob" expresses his interest to buy the D250 from my mother in law for what they paid for it - the issue was getting it from RI to OK.

Bob worked for a major airline and could have it shipped to Tulsa for free, but it would have to be drained of all fluids and crated and dropped off at the local airport. He kicked at the cost of the skid and crating and asked me if I could build the skid and crate in the back of my 4 cylinder Ranger and drop it off. I refused and told him I could crate it if he bought the materials but needed to hire a Freight Carrier to deliver it to the airport. He then realized he had no way to get it home when it arrived - he did not want to pay a Carrier to deliver it to his house.
      My sister in law, "Cindy" his wife, calls to demand that I help him get it home. At the time, I had just gotten a promotion and had 10 days of Vacation Time available. They wanted ME to load it in my Ranger and DRIVE it to Oklahoma with their "generous" offer of $50 per day for lodging & meals and "X" per loaded mile gas money - and less than "X" for the return trip - I flat out refused.
      I gave them MY suggestion - He should fly here (he could do so for free) and HE should rent a one way small box Van. We would load it up and "hot shoe" it across the country, one drives, the other sleeps, no Hotel rooms, and I would help him to unload it and I wanted him to put me on the next plane to RI at his expense. He said absolutely not, forget the whole deal, let Mom sell the tractor.

Mom did sell the tractor to the next door neighbor for $2800 - he had it for 2 years..... then he died.

I do not know what ever became of the tractor BUT I have had people tell me that with the history of it I should have made sure my Brother in law got it !!!
      True but sad, sad but true...
      Bill
    • 70.5TransAmDan
      By 70.5TransAmDan
      Hello Everyone, my name's Dan and I'm a wrenchaholic.

Um, sorry. 
      That's Thursday nights meeting.

First, thank you to all you old farts out there like myself and don't get me wrong. There are many young, Old Farts in this world also.
      I think of anyone that sees beauty deep inside an old tractor, samurai sword, and yes, even a lovely lady could qualify also.
      If you're the type of person that has the patients and other qualities that's needed to bring beauty and life back to something others see as old junk, or past it's prime, you're my kind of person. 

To the point now.
      I ran across a 1980ish Argo 8x8 Amphibious vehical for the right price the other day, FREE, and of course it has the infamous Starter/Generator system. Also, it's had many unqualified druggies, and electrical experts, work on it before me.  I'm retired union electrician and fiber optic engineer so I was once qualified but,. But,. But, what was I talking bout?
      You get my point. 
      So, I was wondering if anyone could possibly point me in the direction of a midg,,,,,,. Wait,. Little Person, preferably a female and  blonde, so I won't have to do so much bending over working on this darn thing and while you're at it, maybe a wiring diagram for a complete starter/generator including a three wire voltage regulator? 

If you have information on either of these, the help would be most appreciated. 
      Really, she doesn't even have to be blonde or little.

That ought to show you just how willing I am to work with others.

Thank all of you here for sharing your wisdom so it can be handed down for others to learn. 

70.5TransAmDan 
    • illinibrew
      By illinibrew
      I have been into garden tractors for a few years.  Wanted to learn about small engines and buying an old sear suburban was cheaper than the class at the local community college.  Just got a 1980 C85 (with a johnny bucket on it).