953 nut

12-07-1941

AMC RULES

:flags-waveusa:     :handgestures-salute:    :flags-waveusa:

• Like 4

nylyon

My aunt who passed a few years back was there that day.  She never spoke much of it, but did show me where the planed flew in. Visiting Pearl Harbor is a sobering experience.

• Like 7

953 nut
20 minutes ago, nylyon said:

Visiting Pearl Harbor is a sobering experience.

:text-yeahthat:     I was amazed to learn that Pearl Harbor survivors can have their ashes placed in the USS Arizona monument.

• Like 5

tractorhogg

I was stationed at Schofield Barracks in the 1970s, with the 25th INF DIV, you could still see the evidence of bullet holes in some of the barracks from the attack. In these days of uncertainty let us not be afraid, but ever vigilant of an attack from enemies that hate America, not because of you and me, but for what she stands for, Freedom and Liberty. As Benjamin Franklin said, “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ”Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.” There are people in the world that believe the American people have lost their resolve, and while that may be true of some politicians, let them come here and threaten us and they will see the resolve the American people have.  

Edited by tractorhogg
  • Like 9

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

It is nice to see this day remembered.  Regardless of what the govt. says, its as if they want this day to slip into the past. To be forgotten.  I stated this last year, and with great pride I will say it again. My father was there that day, a 17 year old kid, from Elizabeth, NJ,  stationed aboard the USS PENNSYLVANIA, gunners mate, turret 2. For you pop, and those with you that day. 

TO ALL VETERANS, I SALUTE YOU, AND I SHALL NEVER FORGET YOUR SERVICE TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY.

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 9

JC 1965

:text-yeahthat:     :text-goodpost:      :thanks:

• Like 5

nylyon

On the older software, we used to have a patriotic theme for occasions like this.  Terry @Vinylguy has re-designed the forum logo while the theme developer updates our theme.  It came out so nice, I wish that it could stay year round, but I will leave it for special occasions, today in remembrance of Pearl Harbor!

• Like 4

tractorhogg
13 minutes ago, nylyon said:

On the older software, we used to have a patriotic theme for occasions like this.  Terry @Vinylguy has re-designed the forum logo while the theme developer updates our theme.  It came out so nice, I wish that it could stay year round, but I will leave it for special occasions, today in remembrance of Pearl Harbor!

Thanks Terry for the graphics, and to everyone else here that keeps this site running. I will be paying for a sponsorship as soon as I get paid in February. 

• Like 2

Vinylguy
7 minutes ago, tractorhogg said:

Thanks Terry for the graphics, and to everyone else here that keeps this site running. I will be paying for a sponsorship as soon as I get paid in February. 

Thank You Tractorhogg and all our Veterans for you service to our Country. :thanks:

• Like 5

bowtieguy

I was a bit uptight when the Kansas City Star did not put anything on the front page about 12-7-1941....(small article was on an inner page).....but today John L was all over the news!!!..celebs get all the attention...but we vets are used to that (Nam vets for sure).....I try my best to inform my grand boys about the importance of what happened in 1941...few know that the good ole USA was fighting TWO wars at the same time...had we lost those wars, one might speculate what kind of life we would be living in today....in my town of 30K most of the WWII guys have passed on....only TWO left  living in town that I know of....and I acknowledge them every time I see them....now "at ease soldier..light one up if ya got one....bumm one if ya don't"...lol

• Like 8

WHX??

Back in 1984 I was assigned to the USS Brewton (FF-1086)  and we were tied up in Pearl Harbor waiting to bring back the remains of the unknown soldier from the Vietnam Era. Senior Chief sent us over to Ford Island to get some stuff for the ceremony that was stored in an old hangar. The hangars still had shell holes in it and some of the guys went scrouging and found some of the Jap shell frags and I got a piece. Couple of guys I knew were divers and they would go scrouge the bottom of the harbor for them and a few were found that way. Someday I have to go dig it out and give it to a VFW.

• Like 3