Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

When do you put your tree up?

BairleaFarm

When do you put your Christmas Tree up? Usually we ait until a week before the 25th but this year we put ours up today. Seems early but the wife wanted it. Shes excited this year. The kids still dont quite have a grasp of whats going on but they still have fun.

whchris

put mine up about a week ago i used to believe in real treas only but now with 3 dogs and 2 cats i understand why they make the fake ones with fiber optic lights

jerrell

:hide: David it seems that trees are going up earlier and earlier, don't know why, but ours went up the day after thanksgiving. our daughter always put ours up and decorates the living room and she came for a short visit and put it up. I already been under it shaking the packages,Ha Ha.

BairleaFarm

they make the fake ones with fiber optic lights

:hide: never seen those. We are more of a real tree kinda people. Dont know why, i guess always having a fake tree growing up I wanted something different. My grandmother has a pre lite tree with ordiments. Keeps its up all year in the garage and carries it inside during the holidays.

MaineDad

Yesterday comg back home from Bangor, I must have seen a dozen big rigs loaded with x-mass trees heading south! Personally, we put ours up two weeks before Christmas and leave it up till New Years day.

HorseFixer

MJ just put ours up today :hide: and I allready told, errr I mean begged her, on what I want under it! :D

64s

The tree goes up about a week before Christmas and says up until Jan 7th. Personally I want Christmas on Christmas and want to enjoy it for a while. A pet-peeve of mine is seeing a Christmas lying in the curb on Christmas Day evening - Don't put it up on Halloween and you won't be sick of it by Dec 22nd.

Sorry about that - I put my soap box away!

:hide:

Michael Bullington

funny I saw this....i was taken a break from the tree to check red square!! :hide:

Teddy da Bear

We bought a corporate type tree. The kind you might see in the lobby of a business.

It is 15ft. tall The wife is not thrilled with it. But the deal is that if I put it all up, she takes it down. I start building it right after Thanksgiving....and am usually done about Christmas time....:D

I had heard that the more the people feel depressed at this time of year.....the earlier and earlier the decorations go up. That and it seems the stores can't stand it until they put up Christmas displays closer and closer to the 4th of July!!! :hide:

Kelly

We are fake tree family but it's a nice 7' tree not a cheap one, and it goes up the weekend after turkey day and stays up till weekend after newyears.

Nick

My stupid cats tend to eat the tree, fake or real. So I wait until Christmas Eve and just put out a little fiber optic tree so the Nephews have something to look at and Im not to much of a Scrooge. :D

David, There might be better versions but my fiber optic tree simply has a light with a rotating color wheel in the base and then fiber optic like plastic runs up through the tree. The fiber optic strands change colors as the wheel turns.

36" of Christmas splendor. :hide:

tree006.jpgtree010.jpg

Poor video of the colors.

th_treevid.jpg

Rollerman

We put our tree up today, but we didn't put our big one up.

Instead we put up about a 4' tall fibre optic job on a table.

This is the first year my wife hasn't pushed me to go "Griswald" at Christmas.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed she don't. :hide:

Buzz

This is the first year my wife hasn't pushed me to go "Griswald" at Christmas.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed she don't. :hide:

Carol is upset because the outside decorations aren't up and ALL the neighbors are. I worked all day yesterday and it rained today. I'll have them up by the end of the week and will make Clark Griswold envious. I even decorate the 400 in the flower garden. Upgrading the electric in the house to 200 amps this week if it doesn't rain to handle the load.

Our tree went up today. We used to have live trees but my daughter was born with asthma and darned near coughed herself to death the first Christmas. we keep it up until around Jan. 15.

Rollerman

Buzz post some pics if you can.

I should also add that my mother inlaw is a shop aholic & loads up on indoor/outdoor decorations every year & seems to think I have all the room I need to store this stuff in my shop & put tractors outside.... :hide:

One year she was upset with me for not putting all the outside decorations up that she had brought over.

I told her I only had so many extension cords.

The following Christmas I must have got 1000' of cords. <_<

Sorry if I got off topic....just find it a funny story & thought I'd share.

taycotrains

Last weekend for us....

The wife and kids handle the top....

101_3541.jpg

and I handle the bottom...

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

BT

BPjunk

Welllllll not to sound like a Scrooge or a Grinch ... but we don't put up a tree or decorate ............. :hide: <_<

BUT when it comes to the Christmas Parade ..... we go all out. I do not want to think how much I spend on setting up the Wheel Horse to pull a nice float in the parade ... it is our way of celebrating Christmas here in Richmond as we go home to our families in Pennsylvania for Christmas.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-12-1228101667.jpg

BairleaFarm

Pretty sweet little setup Bill

Buzz

That was a nice set-up. If i remember correctly, after the parade Bill gave all the reindeer away to kids who were watching the parade. That was a classey thing to do :hide:

KyBlue

Very nice Setup WB!!

We usually put ours up sometime during the month of Dec..>>Dont think we'll put one up this year, space is just too tight, and so is money actually...

Micah - been a few years ago, Ive pulled a few loads of them trees... Some had snow on em - so I cranked up the reefer to KEEP the snow on em..

linen beige

One year she was upset with me for not putting all the outside decorations up that she had brought over.

I told her I only had so many extension cords.

The following Christmas I must have got 1000' of cords. <_<

Incorporate some tractors into the yard display, then make a side comment to the effect that you wish you could do more, just don't have enough 'Horses. Next year she'll load ya up with red. :hide:

Teddy da Bear
Welllllll not to sound like a Scrooge or a Grinch ... but we don't put up a tree or decorate
Jewish?? :hide: